Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
May 8, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #542 of 6,413
is SHANLING M0 has mic also if we connect to smartphone can we take calls as well ?
It does not. It is just a Digital Audio Player that can also receive or transmit audio over Bluetooth.

May 8, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #543 of 6,413
Someone else in here who pre-ordered M0 at Jaben.sg in early april/late march?
Just inquiring because scheduled shipping was early may, yet on tmall.com it is available since a week or so.
I sure want to give the spiritual clip+ successor a try, it should fit quite nicely in the Andromeda's case :beerchug:

May 8, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #544 of 6,413
Just inquiring because scheduled shipping was early may, yet on tmall.com it is available since a week or so.
I sure want to give the spiritual clip+ successor a try, it should fit quite nicely in the Andromeda's case :beerchug:

As you are in europe, would not ordering from headphoniaks or audiophonics make more sense?

May 8, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #546 of 6,413
They are notorious for their poor service and "speed" in getting products out.... Their brick and mortar shop alr sucks at serving customers.... I guess you'll have to wait till june

May 8, 2018 at 11:41 PM Post #547 of 6,413
@tim0chan
To be fair, it was mentioned a few pages back that it was released in China before international release. The international release has been delayed to end may. Its not really of Jaben or any international distributors doing. Such allegations on their service and linking it is not helpful nor accurate

Last edited:
May 9, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #548 of 6,413
@tim0chan
To be fair, it was mentioned a few pages back that it was released in China before international release. The international release has been delayed to end may. Its not really of Jaben or any international distributors doing. Such allegations on their service and linking it is not helpful nor accurate
What I am saying, is that Jaben does not have a great track record, and yes, I am a local and have visited them b4. They only serve you well when u make your intention clear that you are buying something and not just considering. As for their previous pre orders, only the QDC Neptune came in earlier than other dealers because they had an agreement with QDC. I mean, just look at their atrocious policy on shipping impressions... Pool them all together and send them every month?? Unacceptable.
I've literally never gotten good service from them and would rather patronise the more friendly dealers in sg like stereo, e1pasg, AV one, music sanctuary and euphoria audio, to name a few.

Last edited:
May 9, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #549 of 6,413
What I am saying, is that Jaben does not have a great track record, and yes, I am a local and have visited them b4. They only serve you well when u make your intention clear that you are buying something and not just considering. As for their previous pre orders, only the QDC Neptune came in earlier than other dealers because they had an agreement with QDC. I mean, just look at their atrocious policy on shipping impressions... Pool them all together and send them every month?? Unacceptable.
I've literally never gotten good service from them and would rather patronise the more friendly dealers in sg like stereo, e1pasg, AV one, music sanctuary and euphoria audio, to name a few.

I am local too, and I too pre-ordered the M0 with Jaben SG. In fact, I ordered on Day 1 of Canjam Singapore and probably one of the first in the world to pre-order. Believe me, I am as peeved as anyone that others got their order first but again its Shanling's policy which Jaben may or may not know at the time of taking orders. All they saw then was great response from those who tried and hence opportunity to take pre-orders.

I myself have been going to Stereo and Jaben for many years, Stereo when they were at woodlands and Jaben when they were a small store at the top floor of Adelphi. I've had good service from both but over the years as the business expands they probably suffered abit in that regard but nonetheless I still get decent service from both stores. Lets not forget that they all exist for so long because they try to satisfy customers as well as they could.

Last edited:
May 9, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #550 of 6,413
I am local too, and I too pre-ordered the M0 with Jaben SG. In fact, I ordered on Day 1 of Canjam Singapore and probably one of the first in the world to pre-order. Believe me, I am as peeved as anyone that others got their order first but again its Shanling's policy which Jaben may or may not know at the time of taking orders. All they saw then was great response from those who tried and hence opportunity to take pre-orders.

I myself have been going to Stereo and Jaben for many years, Stereo when they were at woodlands and Jaben when they were a small store at the top floor of Adelphi. I've had good service from both but over the years as the business expands they probably suffered abit in that regard but nonetheless I still get decent service from both stores. Lets not forget that they all exist for so long because they try to satisfy customers as well as they could.
Fair enough, just sharing my experience with them, if u had a better experience, great for u. But I will never step foot in that shop unless they have an exclusive that I am dying to try.

May 9, 2018 at 11:37 AM Post #551 of 6,413
Well, I sure as heck do disapprove the unnecessary and baseless bashing of Jaben as seen above which somehow was implored by asking a mere question, as this thread does contain the reason why the global release is considered late may, thus it is no single retailer's, nor Shanling's fault - I'm going to wait even if it means mid-to-late June, it is a new product after all.

May 9, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #553 of 6,413
I was in china on the 7th, and was considering purchasing the MO, but held off, don't get me wrong, the player sound perfect if you have the right headphones, built is excellent, but for me, the touch screen was a let down, the touch was not responsive, especially when you try to swipe left/right to go back to previous page on the menu etc. May be it was me, but trying to fiddle with a small screen on the go is a no go for me. May be they will improve on the next version.

May 9, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #554 of 6,413
A few pages ago the Shanling rep. explained they've tweaked the swiping-gesture or will be tweaking it further because most people trying it did seem to use fast smartphone-ish swipes; yet the swiping gesture on the original (read: early) M0 UI was adjusted to be used with a gentle thumb-swipe.

I've just cancelled my order over at Jaben and opted for Audiophoniks, as suggested by @davidcotton, thank you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back