Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jan 22, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #5,851 of 6,413
extraction via 7-zip and windows explorer both had the same problem. I will try winzip.

No way?!?!?! That is a definite point off its score. You can map the wheel to stop/start but it still means fishing about in your pocked to change volume.

Jan 23, 2020 at 3:11 PM Post #5,852 of 6,413
Anyone know if there is a way to send music from the M0 to an Android phone?

My use case is that I use a Pixel 3, so there isn't a ton of storage on it. I use an Audeze isine 10 with the cipher cable and the phone. The cipher cable won't work with the M0 (it also doesn't work with my dragonfly red either).

I'm assuming this isn't possible but I thought I'd ask.

Jan 23, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #5,853 of 6,413
Anyone know if there is a way to send music from the M0 to an Android phone?

My use case is that I use a Pixel 3, so there isn't a ton of storage on it. I use an Audeze isine 10 with the cipher cable and the phone. The cipher cable won't work with the M0 (it also doesn't work with my dragonfly red either).

I'm assuming this isn't possible but I thought I'd ask.

The problem isn't with the M0 - it's that the Bluetooth driver in most phones are only Sources, not Sinks.
I've been periodically checking to see whether there are any Linux Bluetooth drivers that can be "back-ported" to work in my LG V30 (rooted, running LinageOS), so that it will operate as an LDAC Receiver.

Jan 24, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #5,855 of 6,413
From the latest 3.2 firmware:

Shanling said:
4. Added battery icon into Lockscreen.

I think this resulted in a bug on my unit where when I turn it off it goes to the blue battery loading animation immediately after the goodbie screen! I need to keep holding the shut off button for another 10 seconds until the unit finally turns off. If unnoticed, this leads to silently draining the battery while you think the player is off.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #5,857 of 6,413
So, I've tested the USB output to:

Hifimediy USB Dac - Works
Dragonfly Red - Doesn't work
Audeze Isine Cipher Cable - Doesn't work

anyone else have similar results?

These tests were done while clearing the BT pairings, between tries with the different devices?

Jan 27, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #5,859 of 6,413
You're right.
I misread your first post.
Sorry.

Jan 27, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #5,860 of 6,413
So, I've tested the USB output to:

Hifimediy USB Dac - Works
Dragonfly Red - Doesn't work
Audeze Isine Cipher Cable - Doesn't work

anyone else have similar results?
Those DACs need more power than M0 can supply. You can only use it with self-powered DACs.

Jan 29, 2020 at 4:06 AM Post #5,862 of 6,413
Dear all,

I've had this M0 for 3 months now, updated to the latest firmware and I'm facing quite a problem here : When I switch it on, after about a minute or two, it stops itself, shutting down completely.
I have taken out the microsd, changed it, did a factory reset, charged it fully, nothing changes...

Did anyone here get the same behaviour ? I'm very disappointed with it, it was a gift to my wife to replace her dying Sansa clip and now she has nothing :frowning2:

Do you know if a firmware downgrade is possible ? This is a solution I did not test yet (even though the probleme happened week after the upgrade).

Jan 29, 2020 at 7:52 AM Post #5,863 of 6,413
Dear all,

I've had this M0 for 3 months now, updated to the latest firmware and I'm facing quite a problem here : When I switch it on, after about a minute or two, it stops itself, shutting down completely.
I have taken out the microsd, changed it, did a factory reset, charged it fully, nothing changes...

Did anyone here get the same behaviour ? I'm very disappointed with it, it was a gift to my wife to replace her dying Sansa clip and now she has nothing :frowning2:

Do you know if a firmware downgrade is possible ? This is a solution I did not test yet (even though the probleme happened week after the upgrade).

Have you checked the In-Vehicle mode is turned off in the main system settings? I had the same issue and turning that off fixed it

Jan 29, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #5,864 of 6,413
Dear all,

Never had any issues with mine. If the suggestion re vehicle mode doesn't help, I'd say return it as it sounds faulty..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back