1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Shanling M0 - Nano size, touch screen, LDAC & aptX BT, USB DAC/transport and ESS Sabre ES9218P, FW 3.2

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Shanling, Mar 16, 2018.
First

Back
218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227
229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238
Next

Last
  1. crabdog
    ^ This. In fact, for my use, I am perfectly happy with the current firmware - the M0 is already much better than I expected it to be. Having said that, I'm naturally excited to see the new fw though :wink:

2. greatwhite58
    I’m looking forward to the updates arriving. I not fussed about how long it takes within reason I’m just happy that updates are being done.

3. chasolla
    I think that we should cut @Shanling some slack.
    He overpromised because he is engaged and keen to provide a good service to us.
    He could have said nothing until it is available.
    We should nurture and encourage him so that he only has warm and fluffy thoughts when he thinks of this thread.
    It's not his fault that software is later than he said and it is only delayed because of problems encountered in testing.
    We'd complain more if the new firmware was full of bugs.

RockStar2005 likes this.
  4. Shanling
    As I said, Beta version was tested over holidays, we got yesterday all the reports and started working on it.

And yes, August was promised to me by our software team. I could go and scream on them for being late, but it would help nothing. And since they don't speak English, it would be kind of pointless.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
    mikesider, vic2vic, scott1 and 8 others like this.
  5. crabdog
    lol :laughing:

RockStar2005 likes this.
  6. chasolla
    Warm fluffy thoughts.
    Rainbows and lollipops.

RockStar2005 likes this.
  7. fish1050
    Unfortunately wording is everything, instead giving an actual date, maybe it would have been more accurate to say we hope to release the next firmware update shortly after the break. When you give an actual date and miss it that is when people start to get irritated. I appreciate you taking the time to make sure the firmware is properly tested and looking forward to see what Shanling was able to do.

RockStar2005 likes this.
  8. D'Ford'Guy
    @Shanling Loving the M0 so far........waiting for the next firmware update (hopefully with the ported EQ from the M5s) to do a comprehensive review!

Pairing.jpg

9. Podster
    Well patience is a virtue:wink: Saying I like the Shanling house sound may be an understatement, at first I regretted giving my BFF my M5 a few years back but for me the M2 is still my fave:grin:

Hi Ho Shanling Away.JPG

Used to be the 3 Shanling bears but now they went to MO-Town:thumbsup:

RockStar2005, DBaldock9 and zato23 like this.
  10. zaero69
    Now i get it. I think you cannot go from 1.0 to 2.1 . I couldn't go from 1.5 to 2.1 . I went to 2.0 and then to 2.1. Try to update first to 1.5 , then to 2.0 and then to 2.1

11. RockStar2005
    Wow! You TRULY are a fan! lol

Hey Podster.............can you explain what the "Shanling house sound" actually sounds like? Perhaps also compare to other OEMs' sound?

12. Podster
    Well my best description of the Shanling sound is laid back in comparison to my Cayin N3 or Opus #1 and more along the lines of my AK Jr. Shanling has a warm and inviting at least to my tired old ears. Always keep in mind we all hear things a little differently but for me and all the players I've gone through the Shanling's are my faves.

RockStar2005 likes this.
  13. RockStar2005
    "Warm and inviting"............SOUNDS good to me Podster!

It is nice to hear customers speak with confidence about a brand they love as well.

Well also the fact that you've actually experienced the other "worthy competitors" of Shanling and still prefer them over the rest also says something too. Of course yes we all hear a bit differently from one another, and there's a chance I may listen to the M0 and not be impressed. But the odds are good enough that I would be.

I haven't really heard anyone say the M0 used via BT/LDAC outdoes or even matches the V20 or V30 (Quad DAC) wired on headphones, so for now I will hold off on trying it out. M0 wired probably does, but I'd rather just wait until the point where it can at least match the quality level of the Quad DAC.

Thanks!

14. BillyX
    nevermind, i got the repleacement unit that already 2.1 in box :) thanks man

15. roebeet
    Appreciate the upcoming firmware - when it's ready it's ready. In the meantime it's good as-is.

I do wish that someone would make a wrist band though as this thing is perfect for something like that, especially if you're using BT headphones. I've read here that iPod Nano bands might(?) work but not sure if anyone has tried that and has a specific brand that is known to work.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
First

Back
218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227
229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238
Next

Last