1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Shanling M0 - Nano size, touch screen, LDAC & aptX BT, USB DAC/transport and ESS Sabre ES9218P, FW 3.2

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Shanling, Mar 16, 2018.
First

Back
143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152
154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163
Next

Last
  1. dissembled
    Guys, how do you activate side scrolling so you can choose the particular letter you want to see in the list of songs?

Also, what's the difference between favorites and the on the go playlists?

Nevermind. Figured the side scrolling thing out. Simply scroll up and down on the 3 dots near the right of the screen. Got it. :)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    DBaldock9 likes this.
  2. puppyfi
    I had made a few purchases especially on IEMs that had me regretted (TFZ 5s, RE-00, NuForce EDC...), based on the mostly very positive users' 'impression' on their respective threads. Having more comparisons against other similarly price products will be very helpful.

Mike-WI likes this.
  3. brofeelgood
    @Shanling Is it possible to add the option to organise music by 'Album Artist'? These days, there's a lot of collaboration between music performers, and the way some tags are populated, managing by 'Artist' results in songs from the same album appearing under different artist names. Also helps with compilation albums featuring various artists, e.g. the 'Now That's What I Call Music' series.

4. Shanling
    Ok, it was fun with all burn in talk, now stop it.

So all working with M0 now? Android can be tricky.

With future firmware BT receiver mode will have controls over playback.

1) Sending music over BT to M0 and then from M0 again over BT? That can NOT be done and also makes no sense at all.
    2) Doesn't support such function (USB dac + BT source)

Because then we would be getting complaints, that the flap is too easy to open and hanging out all the time?

We take it this way:
    Playlist is something more longterm, when you add song to it, it will probably stay there for some time.
    Favorites will be likely circled more often, so it's easier and quicker adding and removing songs just by tapping on heart icon.

I told this to software team some time ago, still waiting for it.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
  5. fish1050
    What you say is true about capacitors and that certainly applies to full size home audio gear based on my experience. But on such a small low powered device with only a few small capacitors the burn in affect would be minimal at best. Some of what you hear could simply be getting use to the sound and yes a little placebo affect. You want to hear a difference so you convince your brain it is hearing a difference. I took a bunch of psychology courses and we touched on the so called placebo affect. You can convince your brain that you are hearing things that aren't present.

6. fish1050
    Wow sorry to hear that, hope you have good recovery. I am getting ready to have a large cyst removed from my back soon so I feel for you.

Once again this is an unwinnable argument as there is evidence available for and against burn-in. I have an electronics engineering degree and I sold audio gear for 15 years and the burn-in debate is as old as it gets. I think that burn-in was more relevant decades ago when capacitors were far less advanced than they are now and had much wider tolerances. I believe it is true but it has a much smaller affect than we might think it does. Again much of what we hear comes from getting use to how something sounds more than the burn-in affect.

There is a reason most retailers offer at least a 14 day return policy. It is because studies have found it typically takes someone about that long to adjust to something new and that would certainly apply to audio gear and how it sounds.

I say we put the this stalemate to bed and move on to something else!

Vimtoman likes this.
  7. Squonk12
    This is something I have always wondered, "did it burn in, or, did I just get used to it?"

Cagin likes this.
  8. barondla
    Wondering if those that bought the case bought the matching color or a totally different one? I matched player and case.

9. geagle
    I did same... blue on blue :)

barondla likes this.
  10. paddler57
    I wanted brown to go with the red player, but black was the only color with prime shipping at the time.

barondla likes this.
  11. fogma
    seller sent me titamium instead of black one i wanted so much. so i bought black case and got clip case for free for his mistake

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    barondla likes this.
  12. oneula
    red case black unit
    figured it would be easier to find in a bag

barondla likes this.
  13. dissembled
    @Shanling

What’s the max amount of songs that can be put in one playlist? And how many songs for the favorites list?

Thanks!

14. tim0chan
    use the search button

15. dissembled
    I vote you to be the most helpful one here! Well done!

First

Back
143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152
154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163
Next

Last