Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jul 29, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #2,267 of 6,413
Thanks mate :) well we hear what we hear, and I was just giving my personal observations on how the NW-A45 sound characteristics changed with some playtime.

I didn’t expect to get jumped on with the you’re full of bs it’s a myth. Whatever, I’ve been here a long time and we have been over this subject time and time again. It’s really a moot point.

So the flippant arrogant response pissed me off. We do hear what we hear and that all that matters. Capacitors do loose capacitance over time with load and there are more than one in the audio output chain. That was my only point, and you can’t dispute that. And like I said measurements don’t always define the absolute end sound of a dap or whatever.

Ok done.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #2,268 of 6,413
Well because I'm an idiot, I somehow lost my M0 on a run today.

Batteries went dead on my bluetooth headphones so I wasn't listening to music for the last 25% of my run. When I got back home, I realized that my mp3 player was gone. I drove the route I ran with no luck.

I wouldn't trust that clip on the case, it never really felt that secure to me.

Jul 29, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #2,269 of 6,413
Have a speedy recovery Abitdeef. My father had the same thing done over a year ago. He hated that full size headphones hurt too much to use for so many months. He isn't a fan of IEMs. He is just now back to normal.

Jul 29, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #2,270 of 6,413
Have a speedy recovery Abitdeef. My father had the same thing done over a year ago. He hated that full size headphones hurt too much to use for so many months. He isn't a fan of IEMs. He is just now back to normal.

Thanks a lot :) I got 8 shots for her ( dermatologist) to numb me for removal - she told me the worst part was over ha ha.

Then you wait for them to check slices to make sure they got all the cancer.

But then the close up came and then I got 22 shots some under my eye and some on my nose and the rest around my face for the skin flap pull. I kept asking the girl how many more shots lol ?

After she did that and I was seriously numb the doctor came in and I said ‘I thought you said the worst part was over’ and she smiled and said ‘well now you know I’m a bald face liar’ :) I really liked the doctor.

I didn’t think the ‘close up’ was going to be so involved. Glad your dad is back to normal finally, thankfully I prefer iems. :wink:

Jul 29, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #2,271 of 6,413
Thanks a lot :) I got 8 shots for her ( dermatologist) to numb me for removal - she told me the worst part was over ha ha.

Then you wait for them to check slices to make sure they got all the cancer.

But then the close up came and then I got 22 shots some under my eye and some on my nose and the rest around my face for the skin flap pull. I kept asking the girl how many more shots lol ?

After she did that and I was seriously numb the doctor came in and I said ‘I thought you said the worst part was over’ and she smiled and said ‘well now you know I’m a bald face liar’ :) I really liked the doctor.

I didn’t think the ‘close up’ was going to be so involved. Glad your dad is back to normal finally, thankfully I prefer iems. :wink:
Do you have to go through radiation treatment later? Dad did. They had to make sure the cancer was completely eradicated. Glad you like IEMs. They've never been comfortable for dad or my brother. I'm fine with them.

Enjoy the music and recuperate. Music helps.

Jul 29, 2018 at 2:39 PM Post #2,272 of 6,413
Do you have to go through radiation treatment later? Dad did. They had to make sure the cancer was completely eradicated. Glad you like IEMs. They've never been comfortable for dad or my brother. I'm fine with them.

Enjoy the music and recuperate. Music helps.

Nope thankfully they got it all. Yeah I’m chillin for the whole week :wink:

Jul 29, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #2,273 of 6,413
First of all, abitdeef, I'm sorry for you, and really wish you a better health.

But can we all please get back to the topic ?
It's not about the Sony a45, or the veracity of burn-in or even someone health.
Sorry if I look rude

Jul 29, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #2,274 of 6,413
First of all, abitdeef, I'm sorry for you, and really wish you a better health.

But can we all please get back to the topic ?
It's not about the Sony a45, or the veracity of burn-in or even someone health.
Sorry if I look rude

Yes of course! I did say I was sorry the whole burn in thing got brought up. And I did say I would do a comparison when I got the A45. It just happens after some use my opinion on the A45 changed in comparison to M0- now I feel the A45 sounds better.

Oh and thanks for the best wishes, I’m doing fine- I was just explaining long windedly that I was extra cranky. Anyways back to M0 :wink:

And you were not rude at all, I often go on a tangent of off topicness:wink:

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #2,275 of 6,413
I've nothing against people discussing burn in, cables or whatever, but this thread is about the Shanling m0, not the Sony. I'd suggest if you want a thread comparing the 2 you could start one, rather than taking this one of topic so much. Just a suggestion

Jul 29, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #2,276 of 6,413
I've nothing against people discussing burn in, cables or whatever, but this thread is about the Shanling m0, not the Sony. I'd suggest if you want a thread comparing the 2 you could start one, rather than taking this one of topic so much. Just a suggestion

Dear lord, didn’t I say I was done with it on my last post? People in this thread ASKED me to share my thoughts of the A45 vs the M0 as soon as I receivedi the A45. So that’s what I did.! We don’t need a M0 vs A45 thread no we don’t.

So really after one person already said something already about being off topic you go offf topic with your off topic post :wink:

Wow.

Jul 29, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #2,277 of 6,413
I just received mine today and upon first listen, I can say the clarity of this DAP is astounding. I prefer clarity over anything else, and I must say that the M0's clarity surpasses my 2 month old A45 and my Fiio X5 II. This is with the DAP coupled with my Fidelio L2s. The amount of detail this little thing exudes out is magnificent! I'm loving it! Thanks for the advice on giving this little gem a chance.

Question though...its overall clarity won't decay over time (after burn in), would it?

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #2,278 of 6,413
Oh, forgot to add. I have OCD and hate scratches on electronics, so I baby my stuff. The flap on the microSD card on mine was heck to open. Now, I have a little dent on the flap. Grrr...Why couldn't Shanling have made it easier to open without resorting to scratching up the flap? :'-(

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #2,279 of 6,413
Sigh. Nothing personal abitdeef but that wasn't aimed at you exclusively, but the thread in general. Didn't work I see.

And no dissembled, your M0 won't lose clarity.

Jul 29, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #2,280 of 6,413
Dear lord, didn’t I say I was done with it on my last post? People in this thread ASKED me to share my thoughts of the A45 vs the M0 as soon as I receivedi the A45. So that’s what I did.! We don’t need a M0 vs A45 thread no we don’t.

So really after one person already said something already about being off topic you go offf topic with your off topic post :wink:

Wow.
FWIW, comparisons with other DAPs are really useful. At least to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back