Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jul 29, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #2,251 of 6,413
Well Sony reccomends 200 hours on SE and Balanced on the zx300 for the caps to ‘Burn in’ ie become more stable for the best sound. Wether it’s physical or mental (probably a bit of both) it happens.

So you just can’t say it’s a myth. Where is you’re proof that it’s a myth? Because I can give you proof that capacitance changes after so many hours which effects voltage flow and output in the end which can effect sound.

Dry capacitors don't need burn-in. There are tiny changes in values/parameters with time, but the values are not critical in any case. Electrolytes need reforming if they have been unused for a long time, but typical electrolytes have enormous tolerances (and the electronics are designed to deal with that).

Jul 29, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #2,252 of 6,413
Jul 29, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #2,254 of 6,413
Wow you should know what the **** you’re talking about before calling bs. Especially when you aren’t well versed on the subject.

https://www.murata.com/en-us/support/faqs/products/capacitor/mlcc/char/0006

Had to laugh at that link and the debate subject.

That difference in tolerance change stated in the link really is not a big change.

Your only going to notice anything when the capacitor degrades :)

Really guys it depends on whether your ears are going to even notice the difference in component ageing.

And if it improves the sound? :)

I always hear people saying it sounds better .Not worse.

If anything 200hrs is going to burn in your ears and headphones ,maybe change your subjective thoughts regarding to the sound.

Always better....

Jul 29, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #2,255 of 6,413
Well Sony reccomends 200 hours on SE and Balanced on the zx300 for the caps to ‘Burn in’ ie become more stable for the best sound. Wether it’s physical or mental (probably a bit of both) it happens.

So you just can’t say it’s a myth. Where is you’re proof that it’s a myth? Because I can give you proof that capacitance changes after so many hours which effects voltage flow and output in the end which can effect sound.
Give it up Mr Deef. There is no argument known to man, no matter how reasonable or scientifically proven, that will penetrate such a fog of stupidity. Burn-in deniers are right up there with flat-earthers and probably believe that the Sun revolves around the Earth.

There is enough evidence concerning burn-in and break-in forever enshrined in this forum, both from personal experience and scientific measurement, that further debating the subject with deniers is pointless.

Jul 29, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #2,256 of 6,413
Had to laugh at that link and the debate subject.

That difference in tolerance change stated in the link really is not a big change.

Your only going to notice anything when the capacitor degrades :)

Really guys it depends on whether your ears are going to even notice the difference in component ageing.

And if it improves the sound? :)

I always hear people saying it sounds better .Not worse.

If anything 200hrs is going to burn in your ears and headphones ,maybe change your subjective thoughts regarding to the sound.

Always better....

It's most likely our heads adapts to the sound overtime which makes us feel the sound is better. I believe, its similar effect when you go inside a pitch black room. You don't perceive anything immediately but after a couple of minutes you start to see things around though it's still dark.

Jul 29, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #2,257 of 6,413
Wow it’s getting a bit heated on here about burn in. I would imagine there are links you could put to both arguments and it will be argued about for infinity. Some hear it and some don’t , it could be true and it could be false. Who knows? There is so much said about this type of thing and none to my knowledge has been proved beyond doubt in double blind listening tests. I just buy a well rated item and sit back and enjoy the music without giving a hoot wether the capacitors have changed or the copper in the wire is up to snuff and I don’t even rest my cable on small blocks of wood.

Jul 29, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #2,258 of 6,413
Give it up Mr Deef. There is no argument known to man, no matter how reasonable or scientifically proven, that will penetrate such a fog of stupidity. Burn-in deniers are right up there with flat-earthers and probably believe that the Sun revolves around the Earth.

There is enough evidence concerning burn-in and break-in forever enshrined in this forum, both from personal experience and scientific measurement, that further debating the subject with deniers is pointless.

I don't think I have ever seen any evidence or scientific measurements to prove burn in. If you know of any please post them here.

That said I am not anti burn in. I do believe something is going on, be it burn in or brain in. But I've yet to see any manufacturer show measurements before and after burn in.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #2,260 of 6,413
Burn-in deniers are right up there with flat-earthers and probably believe that the Sun revolves around the Earth.
Wait! What???
I am willing to swear my religion studies teacher explicitly told us the sun revolves around earth!!! Gotta do some more research... :nerd:

Jul 29, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #2,262 of 6,413
Screenshot_2018-07-29-12-28-04.png
Screenshot_2018-07-29-12-28-07.png
Screenshot_2018-07-29-12-28-04.png
Screenshot_2018-07-29-12-28-07.png
Here r your replies

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #2,265 of 6,413
I’m very sorry this topic was brought up, wether physiological or physical I did notice a difference in sound after some playing time. It doesn’t matter the reason why I perceived a change, but I did.

The whole subject of sound is subjective so discussing the finer points is like discussing politics or religion. I have seen gear that measures almost indentical in specs and uses the same components but sounds very different.

Trust your own ears, because how it sounds to you is all that really matters. I still believe implimentation is more important than dacs and what not. And I believe iems and cans play the most important role in shaping the sound as pretty much all modern gear measures very good to excellent spec wise.

And I’m sorry for being snippy, I got 30 shots in the face yesterday and had a very large basil cell carcinoma removed and had a face flap reconstruction. So I’m not in a very good mood.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back