1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Shanling M0 - Nano size, touch screen, LDAC & aptX BT, USB DAC/transport and ESS Sabre ES9218P, FW 3.1

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Shanling, Mar 16, 2018.
First

Back
68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77
79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88
Next

Last
  1. CJG888
    I can also recommend using it straight into the EW9. An excellent combination for jazz and vocal.

Has anyone else tried the EW9 with them?

2. rimsilva
    What's this "ghost" problem?

I've updated my M0 with no issues, better swipe it's smother, but the flickering screen it's still visible.
    The new firmware was supposed to solve this issue? Or we've to wait for a new version

3. oneula
    hooked up the M0 to a Bluewave Get
    Will be trying some over ears

4. Richsvt
    I've been out with mine a few times, it just disappears in your pocket. Great form. Love the sound. I have been fortunate that I have not seen any glitches on the unit running v1.5. Behaving nicely and giving great sounds, this is my new EDC. Paired with the IT01 and Periodic Be, just awesome sounds. I don't use use the BT features.

Shanling likes this.
  5. Saoshyant
    Well my M0 fell a foot or so and no longer works.

6. kms108
    I was thinking of getting one today, but reading this thread, many problems keeps arising, may be I'll hold back.

7. kms108
    It seems very fragile.

8. headwhacker
    Read the whole thread to get an idea where the current state is. Instead of counting post of people reporting problems.

vandubi likes this.
  9. Ghost_1
    How I can make my any of my non-bluetooth headphones Bluetooth enabled and still have a DAP when I want! This is well worth the $99 (or even $109)... What I mean is that most Bluetooth adapters only do AptX and are around the same price (they don't do LDAC nor are the DAPs hell my AP200 can't even link to my phone over Bluetooth and do what the M0 does!...well right now anyways. Lol)

If you're on the fence and your phone doesn't have a headphone jack this is so worth the money!

[​IMG]

trellus, Shanling and barondla like this.
  10. Narris
    Just updated to 2.0 very painless. I'm noticing less tearing on the screen. Getting text to scroll is much easier now and consistent. I'm no longer scrolling up or down accidentally while swiping.

I did test out the EQ's and they are lower volume/sound than having no EQ at all. The profiles of the sound changes, but the overall volume is much lower; I end up needing to increase my volume by 15-20 (50 goes to 65/70 or higher) and the sound stage changes but not in any real way I can enjoy. I'd like a Vocal (for podcasts) ; a Smile (over all V shaped) or to know what the EQ's settings are changing and possibly an option to update/save over them).

Additionally what do the filter options do for an end user? When would we use them? What's the best for usage cases?

PLEASE consider adding an option for text scrolling speed (normal, fast, faster) the human eye can read really quickly.
    Also consider adding the ability to trigger the scroll of text for more than 1 line at a time.

These are my only issues about the device and they are small. Amazing job. Looking forward to what comes in the future.

Thanks very much for the quick update.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    Mike-WI likes this.
  11. Photoman
    I just need my external playlist added

AndySocial likes this.
  12. barondla
    Thank you for the unzipped file. It allowed me to successfully update the MO's firmware.

13. madzilla
    I updated firmware 2.0, but still have problem on USB transport.
    I connected M0 to Mojo using USB OTG cable and played flac music files.
    The very beginning of the files are omitted and/or fade in. Not always but often it happens.
    If I play the files plugging in earphone on M0, it works fine.
    I can't use M0 for this.I hope it will be fixed soon.

14. kms108
    Actually, i've read through the whole thread.

15. technobear
    Ah, that old chestnut!

This is due to the time taken for the DAC to wake up. It's not a fault of the M0 per se but it is something Shanling could easily fix nonetheless.

What is needed is the ability to add about 1 second of almost-but-not-quite-silence at the start of playback when using as a USB transport.

First

Back
68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77
79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88
Next

Last