1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Shanling M0 - Nano size, touch screen, LDAC & aptX BT, USB DAC/transport and ESS Sabre ES9218P, FW 3.1

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Shanling, Mar 16, 2018.
First

Back
58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78
Next

Last
  1. Dcell7
    The volume is very low when connected to my iPhone X over bluetooth (using AAC or SBC on M0). I have to crank up the volume to almost max at my iPhone and the M0 to at least 50 to have a bit of volume.

And no sound at all when paired with my Mac over bluetooth. Tried both SBC and AAC. It works well serving as DAC when connected by usb-cable.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  2. neob
    Just get my M0. I connected M0 with Chord Hugo using OTG cable. Each time plays a DSD file (DOP), the sound stuttering. Playing another format like flac, always stops after a few minutes. I'm using firmware 1.5

Anyone has the same problem?

Shanling please repair it...

3. Photoman
    A new firmware update is possible coming this week per @Shanling

4. Cagin
    IMG_20180604_180702.jpg

Zomg look at it! It's sooo cute! More tiny than I imagined it'd be haha

I did cave in and swap from black to purple. Very happy with Headphoniaks.com (Spain), great customer service. Was surprised it was FedEx shipping for that low price :)

And I gotta say, my phone camera just cannot capture its colour correctly, it does indeed saturate in all the shots.

Powers on and shuts down in 3secs respectively. Got the hang of the haptics quickly. UI speed is adequately snappy.

Sound impressions later :wink:

5. krismusic Contributor
    Hi Cagin.I will be very interested to hear your impressions on SQ. A pic with something to show scale would be handy. You arty smarty! :wink:

6. My Little Phony
    Hi, i just red a german M0 review. The reviewer said that he couldnt make out a difference in soundquality comparing the little M0 to M2s, M3s and even the ibasso DX200. The only remarkable difference should be the advanced driving power of the bigger models. Wooden ears or the nekkid truth? I have to test this our for myself. Will order the M0 as soon as i made the color decission. Red... black... or titan color... puuuh :shaved_ice::shaved_ice::shaved_ice: Must... test... everything... can't resist :ksc75smile:

Camouflage would be nice :beyersmile:

Link to the review and some Fotos... maybe theres a good "Scale" for Kris

http://www.miniklangwunder.de/artik...iaturisierung-in-perfektion/#jp-carousel-3231

7. twister6 Contributor
    or maybe something got lost in German translation :p

ostewart likes this.
  8. krismusic Contributor
    Nice review and scale pics! :wink:
    I'm almost sold. The only thing is this thing is tiny! Big enough to be practical in use for old eyes and fingers? Would the M3 be a better option?

9. Cagin
    Shanling M0, the DAP ninjas can wear when operating
    Joke aside, not sure a 2€ coin would help with our global headfier for scale reference, or the wm1a for those that never held it; BUT a Kinder bar now, oh each child in us knows it!

1528143002885268488523.jpg

10. Saoshyant
    I remember reading something about Kinder and how it was illegal in the US, so at least for me nothing there gives me a real point of reference. Mine should be here in 2 or so days, so I'll know soon enough at least.

11. AndySocial
    Kinder Eggs are illegal in the USA. Apparently our kids aren't smart enough to stop eating when they get to the plastic. :)

12. Saoshyant
    Ah, I'm assuming I'm too old to have had it as a kid anyways.

13. davidcotton
    Depends if you want a shanling with a touchscreen or not I suppose.

14. VRacer-111
    Got in the M0 early this afternoon ... working nicely so far:

[​IMG]

trellus, Stenso, Shanling and 3 others like this.
  15. originalsnuffy
    This just arrived. Musictek via Amazon. I did not pick up a case yet, as I am waiting for the clip option.

Mine is Blue, I understand that is optimized for playing the blues.....

I pulled out my old pair of LZ-A2s. Actually those are probably my least used IEMs at this point, but since for me the M0 will be a gym/outdoors device, I figured my most disposable IEM units will be my logical pairing. Anyway I started with my usual first demo play track, Kind of Blue by Miles Davis. Usually I go with the HD Tracks version, though I think the MOFI SACD is pretty good too.

Of course I needed to test Kind of Blue with a Blue unit.

Anyway it sounds great so far. Really still at first five minutes but first impressions are good. Later I will post on more listening and eventually compare it to the M2S and the Cayin N5II.

But so far so good in terms of both SQ and ability to drive IEMs. User interface is a bit different from other Shanlings as it so touch and swipe based, but not much different than my iphone.

I do like the sound more than my memory of the M1, which I thought had a tad of muddiness to its sound signature. Not awful, just not really audiophile. This seems better in terms of clarity. I sold the M1 in advance of buying this, so I can't really do a true comparison.

Can't really comment on the SQ vs the Red, Black, or Purple colors.

OK I really should have resisted poking fun at all of us hypersensitive types that find small differences in power supplies, memory cards, etc. with my comments on unit color. But I don't have a sense of humor, its just on temporary lease.

It will be interesting to see how this stacks up against my current units and the R3 which I have on kickstarter. But to be straight up; right now I would most likely tell somebody who is interested in dipping their toes into the hifi hobby to seriously consider this unit.

Dr. Manhattan, Arislp and Richsvt like this.
First

Back
58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67
69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78
Next

Last