Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jul 25, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #5,401 of 6,413
@Shanling Thanks a lot for all the replies.

I'll ask this to everyone: yesterday I was connected via Bluetooth (ldac) to a Sony speaker. I was at around 2 Mt or maybe a bit more. It played smoothly for around 2 hrs then it started stuttering. I tried replaying other files I played previously without problems ad they stuttered too. After a reboot it stopped but it stuttered again after bit. I'm not sure but it seemed to happen more while using the interface, and less with screen off. As for now still good while wired (but I used it a lot less in this way)

Jul 25, 2019 at 4:35 AM Post #5,402 of 6,413
I'd also like to report that I'm having some volume issues with my wireless earbuds. The volume is very loud on my 1More Stylish True Wireless earbuds - it gets very loud by around 5. By contrast, my Sony WF-1000XM3s are very quiet - even when I dial the volume up to 100, they're still quieter than the 1More earbuds at 5. I don't experience this volume issue when I pair my 1More or Sony earbuds to my smartphone.

Perhaps the soft volume for the Sony earbuds is related to their simultaneous Bluetooth transmission?

I tested 1more Stylish TWS today, chinese version, and I found no problem with volume? Gettin normal listening volume between 25-35. Both on M0 and M5s no problem at all.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jul 25, 2019 at 6:44 AM Post #5,403 of 6,413
@Shanling Thanks a lot for all the replies.

I'll ask this to everyone: yesterday I was connected via Bluetooth (ldac) to a Sony speaker. I was at around 2 Mt or maybe a bit more. It played smoothly for around 2 hrs then it started stuttering. I tried replaying other files I played previously without problems ad they stuttered too. After a reboot it stopped but it stuttered again after bit. I'm not sure but it seemed to happen more while using the interface, and less with screen off. As for now still good while wired (but I used it a lot less in this way)

4.x bluetooth devices advertise 10m signal, but it al deppends on a clean signal with no interferences whatsoever (basically an open field).
On a room there are many wireless signals interfering (not only yours but your neighbours too). Maybe when it started stuttering it was because a laptop had return from idle state, or a phone or a printer or a bluetooth mouse/keyboard, or a wifi router, etc. All these devices can cause interference. From on room to another mirrors, tiles or concrete may block signals as well. Some devices have a bigger antenna than others but M0 is tiny so it's safe to assume that's not the case here.

M0 is a bit sensitive to bluetooth signals because of the all-aluminum construction (the body is metal so it acts as a faraday cage). The antenna signal is going out via the screen on this device as explained by Shanling. While using the interface it happened more because basically your fingers were an additional barrier for the signal to get to the speakers. Pointing the screen to the speaker may help.

https://www.goldtouch.com/stop-bluetooth-interference-messing-devices/

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 6:58 AM Post #5,404 of 6,413
4.x bluetooth devices advertise 10m signal, but it al deppends on a clean signal with no interferences whatsoever (basically an open field).
On a room there are many wireless signals interfering (not only yours but your neighbours too). Maybe when it started stuttering it was because a laptop had return from idle state, or a phone or a printer or a bluetooth mouse/keyboard, or a wifi router, etc. All these devices can cause interference. From on room to another mirrors, tiles or concrete may block signals as well. Some devices have a bigger antenna than others but M0 is tiny so it's safe to assume that's not the case here.

M0 is a bit sensitive to bluetooth signals because of the all-aluminum construction (the body is metal so it acts as a faraday cage). The antenna signal is going out via the screen on this device as explained by Shanling. While using the interface it happened more because basically your fingers were an additional barrier for the signal to get to the speakers. Pointing the screen to the speaker may help.

https://www.goldtouch.com/stop-bluetooth-interference-messing-devices/
ok thanks. i was in the office, so yeah... the important thing to me is that it will not stutter while wired (this is my second dap, and the fiio m3k was stuttering.. they even say it in the manual that it may stutter if the sd card is too full..)

Jul 25, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #5,405 of 6,413
M0 is not using USB3 connection
OK, then it's a bad cable. I'd have tried that sooner but had to buy one... I didn't have an A-C cable lying around.

Will definitely add some part regarding playlists to our web.
Here's a script for converting raw iTunes playlists (in a subdirectory of your working directory, eg ~/Playlists/raw) to ones that are compatible with the m0, to go into the root of the Music directory:

for i
do
echo "Converting $i"
tr "\015" "\012" < "$i" | sed -e '/^#/d' -e 's!^/Users/[^/]*/Music/iTunes/!!' > "../$i"
done

BTW, it doesn't require backslashes. Regular slashes work fine. If you want it to work in a separate Playlists directory on the CD card, put the "../../Music/" (or whatever) path between the adjacent !!s in the script.

Jul 25, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #5,406 of 6,413
Is there any way to see how many tracks are in the library or the current album or playlist? I'm not sure "Update" is catching all the tracks. It should be seeing something like this:

upload_2019-7-25_10-55-17.png

Jul 25, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #5,407 of 6,413
Is there any way to see how many tracks are in the library or the current album or playlist? I'm not sure "Update" is catching all the tracks. It should be seeing something like this:

Are they all properly tagged?
Are they all in formats that M0 recognises as music?

Jul 25, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #5,408 of 6,413
Are they all properly tagged?
Are they all in formats that M0 recognises as music?
Not helping with the question I asked.

I'm not asking "why is the m0 not seeing all the tracks?"

I'm asking "how can I tell how many tracks the m0 is seeing?"

There does not seem to be any way to tell.

Jul 25, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #5,409 of 6,413

Put the card in the computer and select the maximum amount of songs you have on there and make a note. Put the card back in the shanling and do a rescan and compare the results.

Jul 25, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #5,410 of 6,413

I see.

Well, my M0 displays a running count as it scans the tracks so surely it's just a case of watching it and seeing how high that number climbs before it disappears.

Jul 25, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #5,411 of 6,413
I have 16,000 tracks so that's not happening. I guess the answer is "no".

So I guess that's a feature request. It should be easy to implement, just add it to the "About m0" page.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 10:03 PM Post #5,412 of 6,413
Jul 27, 2019 at 3:52 AM Post #5,414 of 6,413
Just got my M0 with 3.0 flashed. Pleased so far...and then I tagged my (vorbis) oggs using Jaikoz. About 3/4 fail to play - the album artwork loads and I get "Not Supported | Playback Failed".

The only difference (according to ogginfo) is metadata. Jaikoz does add a lot of metadata.

Thoughts? Can't seem to find a rhyme/reason. Happy to provide example oggs / metadata.

EDIT: figured it out. All of the failing oggs had PNG album art.

Extract PNG using mutagen + convert to JPG using imagemagick + rewrite album art tag using mutagen = working music with art!

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #5,415 of 6,413
How can I adjust volume in Bluetooth mode while the screen is off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back