1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Shanling M0 - Nano size, touch screen, LDAC & aptX BT, USB DAC/transport and ESS Sabre ES9218P, FW 3.1

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Shanling, Mar 16, 2018.
First

Back
197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206
208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217
Next

Last
  1. lepre
    Any thoughts about the sound compared to the Hidizs AP80. In the AP80 thread they tell that the AP80 sound should be a lot better than the sound of the M0.
    (I know AP80 not released yet, but pre models existing) .

2. barondla
    On some of my earlier components WAV did sound better than flac. This, and the car factory system plays only WAV (up to 88/24) or mp3, meant standardizing on WAV made sense. One library that plays on all my stuff.

Memory doesn't matter at home. It barely matters for portables. There are already 512gb mSD cards. Soon there will be 1tb. I would rather carry fewer songs now and be prepared for the future.

3. endgame4
    Do they say why it should sound better?

Both use the same ESS Sabre ES9218P but the rest of the electronics might be quite different.

4. mathi8vadhanan
    It's just one guy's (OP of AP80 thread) opinion. Let's wait for more reviews.

5. jelbo
    Man, that sounds so subjective. Moody, not many details, smudged bass, harsh and biting. Riiiiight.

6. whoever81
    Yup. He certainly sounds a bit biased against M0 or toward AP80. "...far, far away from AP80 in almost any aspect..." I am having trouble believing that.

tim0chan likes this.
  7. csglinux
    Certainly a very unusual observation, given that they share the exact same DAC and amp hardware :)

DBaldock9 likes this.
  8. SomeEntityThing
    Hello,

When I tried running "setup.exe" from the M0 USB Driver folder from Shanling's website after opening it using RAR Opener (A Windows Store app) I end up getting a window titled "NSIS error" with the message "error launching installer." I've tried redownloading the rar file and trying again but it still gives me the same error.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you!

9. fish1050
    Probably just some Hidizs shill populating threads from the competition with BS... You know you have a great product when the competition has to resort to fake news, maybe it's Donald Trump who made the post. :ksc75smile:

Vimtoman and greatwhite58 like this.
  10. mr_grump5
    ran into similar issues, use the file linked in OP to install the driver

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Z8rK4fOf_OAZ2sFX3PnlVLTGXupQUycI

barondla likes this.
  11. abitdeef
    Chillin with some RT always puts me in a good mood. Sounds wonderful on Moe :)

26CC569E-4E29-48A3-B6D2-6E634920ACCC.jpeg

xza23, barondla and greatwhite58 like this.
  12. Vidmaven
    Thanks.

13. Vidmaven
    Good taste in music. I was just listening to Long Misty Days.

abitdeef likes this.
  14. P3108
    Hi. Just got an M0.

I have two queries that hopefully someone can clear up for me please:-

-M0 has Hi-Res Certification but only has frequency response of 20hz-20khz whereas Certification implies it should be up to 40khz minimum. Am I missing something here? I'm not after a debate on Hi-Res merit please.

-The DSD album that I've put on there has clicks or pops before each track starts. They are DSF files made from an ISO back in 2015 and I don't recall the clicks or pops being an issue back then with my Fiio X3ii but I sold it and haven't done DSD since. Is this a known issue with the M0 or is it my files?

15. SilverEars
    You can't hear beyond 20k, but high res files go beyond that due to sampling rate. If it's compatable with sampling rate of 80khz or above, it meets that your mentioned 40k criteria which I have no doubt M0 does given all formats it supports.

Also consider your hearing range as well (it doesn't go up to 20k if old enough) considering your age.

That Hi Res is just marketing. It's meaningless.

You'll see that sticker no matter opinions of performance.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    auronthas likes this.
First

Back
197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206
208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217
Next

Last