1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Shanling M0 - Nano size, touch screen, LDAC & aptX BT, USB DAC/transport and ESS Sabre ES9218P, FW 3.1

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Shanling, Mar 16, 2018.
First

Back
185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194
196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205
Next

Last
  1. csglinux
    Did you have any mic compensation curves disabled? If so, something else is wrong here. Can you pm me your white noise test track?

2. scott1
    IMG_20180831_164959747.jpg Anyone else try to pair the M0 with a Cayin C5? I think they compliment each other nicely.

D'Ford'Guy likes this.
  3. TheoS53
    Nope, no correction curves are enabled. I've also made a few music recordings in order to compare the sound of the M0 to other DAPs, and you really can hear that slight added brightness. Will pm you the track

4. fish1050
    I prefer to listen to my music as is without manipulation so most of the sound customizations have no interest to me. But if it adds replaygain, external playlist support, and audiobook support then great. But if Shanling can add those features without needing rockbox that would be fine to.

5. fish1050
    So Sony A50 was revealed after all but have to say I am pretty underwhelmed by what I see. When I saw the first pictures I thought they used the A45 images by mistake. Bring on the firmware updates Shanling, looks like me and my M0 will be together for awhile. In a way I should be happy Sony may have just saved me a few hundred dollars.

6. ShannyM0
    Is there a way to make the M0 play music and send it over bluetooth such that an Android phone is able to pick it up and play it over it's speakers?

7. heliosphann
    I'll have to try that. I've kept my C5 after all these years. Love that amp.

scott1 likes this.
  8. Duncan Moderator
    I for one bought the M0 for how it sounds, if that got nerfed I would be very unhappy!

9. hakuzen
    did you check that all filters/eq were disabled? i can't believe this is the unloaded response of unfiltered M0, it looks like a treble boost was enabled.

10. bahamot
    I updated the m0 firmware to 2.1, the update looks just fine but now the m0 stuck at the "Shanling" page. @Shanling, what should I do now?

On the root directory of the microsd now it has these files and directories:
    firmware_v0.info
    firmware_v0.tar.gz
    fsrecovery
    recovery-update
    update.bin

edit:
    - Resetting through the pin doesn't work.
    - The m0 can be turn on and off normally through the power switch (hold 3 seconds)
    - When switched off, plugin the m0 can bring it on, but nothing get pass the Shanling splash screen.

Is there anything that can be used for emergency force flash?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  11. TheoS53
    Yup, double checked that nothing is enabled. I even downgraded the software, did a complete reset, etc...got the same response each time. Super weird.

12. TLDRonin
    Does the m0 sound better than the xduoo x3?

13. geagle
    To my ears, it does (compared to Xduoo X3 first gen), though it may come down to personal preferences, sound-wise. The M0 is on the brighter side, while I would say that the X3 is a bit darker... I pair the X3 with the Dunu DN2000J, and they pair well:) , but I generally prefer the M0 with the majority of my 'phones. The X3 can do Rockbox, which may or may not be a good selling point (if you invest lots of time in learning Rockbox, it's very powerful... if you don't, it can be confusing :) ). From the interface point of view, the M0 is a few light-years ahead, IMHO :) .

14. hakuzen
    which ADC did you use to read? some input cards might have that bump..

15. TheoS53
    Audiobox USB. If the fault did lie with the ADC, then shouldn't we be seeing the same result for all devices that are tested on it? None of the other players showed this...so it's quite weird. If it's not the M0, then I have no idea what else it could be

First

Back
185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194
196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205
Next

Last