1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Shanling M0 - Nano size, touch screen, LDAC & aptX BT, USB DAC/transport and ESS Sabre ES9218P, FW 3.1

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Shanling, Mar 16, 2018.
First

Back
183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192
194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203
Next

Last
  1. endgame4
    No, this was discussed recently. There is nothing you can set or configure to prevent this.

2. ShannyM0
    Would still be nice if a future update enabled this!

3. artnoi
    image.jpg Just got my M0 today. Output power is plentifully available. Overall great tiny player with wide range of functionality though I have to admit I thought it’d be smaller than this.

DBaldock9 likes this.
  4. Vimtoman
    You have tiny hands

greatwhite58 and Mike-WI like this.
  5. Zachik
    WHAT?!?! You thought it would be smaller (and with a touch screen)? Barely usable touch screen as it is, especially for people with large hands / fat fingers... :astonished:

Mike-WI likes this.
  6. abitdeef
    Ham hands, bear paws, not tiny- M0 is teeny tiny! :)

D87D0899-0CE3-4952-BBDF-16901304556D.jpeg

bahamot and Vimtoman like this.
  7. fish1050
    Letting it drain completely I got almost 12 hours with mostly 16 bit flac, ogg and some mp3's. I have to say I think the accuracy improved after the initial full drain and recharge. Still not great but on first full drain got almost 3 hours after low battery message. After full drain and second recharge got closer to 1 hour after low battery message before full drain. I won't be doing another full drain and will wait to see if Shanling can improve accuracy with firmware, will just recharge when low battery appears for now. So I do recommend a full drain to help calibrate the battery. It has been the same with my A17 and on Sony's recommendation let battery drain fully every month or so to keep battery meter calibrated.

I have noticed something interesting after my glitch charging the M0 on my computer. The fast scroll somehow seems slower and doesn't go as long. Before a fast scroll would fly through half the songs on the player before stopping, not nearly so much now. I also find I can maneuver the touchscreen a little more precisely now and it seems to need a firmer hit than before. Maybe there was something off with my unit initially that has been corrected. Either way I am a happier camper now than I was before.

georgelai57 likes this.
  8. fish1050
    Maybe his hands seem tiny cause the M0 is sooo big!! :)

Vimtoman and abitdeef like this.
  9. fish1050
    If it was any smaller you would have to get a child to control it for you. :baby:

Zachik likes this.
  10. lepre
    I realy like the control with the wheel.
    - turn the wheel for volume change
    - press two times to skip a song (can be configured)
    . long press for shutdown

11. oldschool
    A screen prompt (touch) asking if you indeed want to turn on/off the unit would be nice, similar to how it is on the iphone. I suggested this before.

12. davidcotton
    Nice post.

Rockbox would be a great alternative to dedicated audiobook support, mainly due to the bookmarking feature.

That said I don't think that wanting m4b support (apples audiobook format) is too much to ask given that android apps have it now as well? Or maybe it is.

Anyway good luck with it and fingers crossed.

13. davidcotton
    One of the funnier things (ok not that funny, but still) I read in an online interview with a narrator was "well I wasn't sure what accent they had so I gave them all fake irish ones. That was working really well until the fake irish actually turned up later in the series so I was a bit stuffed".

Audiobooks have come along way since the days of poorly narrated stuff. Those ones used to do my head in. Nowadays it's more full cast action with music and sound effects.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    abitdeef likes this.
  14. abitdeef

I like the voices in my head too much :wink:

greatwhite58 and AndySocial like this.
  15. abitdeef

Rock Box on this little gem would be so cool

First

Back
183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192
194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203
Next