1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Shanling M0 - Nano size, touch screen, LDAC & aptX BT, USB DAC/transport and ESS Sabre ES9218P, FW 3.1

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Shanling, Mar 16, 2018.
First

Back
177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186
188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197
Next

Last
  1. lior777
    if i can change the EQ..its not. no ?

i made test with my usb audio pro apk on android and its feel like a bit perfect sound :)

2. endgame4
    When the EQ is off he says it is bit perfect. It was discussed a couple of pages back.

Use the search function for 'bit perfect'. The discussion shows up.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  3. AudioBear
    I had no problem updating to 2.1 on Mac OS 10.13.6 using a 32Gb Sandisk Ultra formatted in FAT32. If that doesn't work maybe try a different USB-->mSD adaptor as they can be flakey too.

4. kwangomango
    EQ set to OFF is not the same as disabling the EQ completely. For an EQ to do it's job it needs your 16/24 bit integer source music files to be converted to 32 bit floating point to make the maths of the EQ possible.
    The M0 does not have an option to disable the EQ. Even if the EQ is set OFF, the 32 bit conversion will already have taken place.

The 32 bit data is then converted back to the appropriate format before being sent via usb.

The bottom line is the M0 via usb does not sound as good as any of my android phones running UAPP in bit-perfect mode.
    It is also worth noting that UAPP does not sound as good when bit-perfect is disabled, but it's still better than the M0 - this makes me suspect the M0 might be messing with the data in other ways too.

I also have a Sony A45 dap but do not have the appropriate wm-port cable to see how its digital out compares to the M0 and android/UAPP.

lior777 likes this.
  5. fingertrouble
    I forgot to ask - is there any way of exporting or viewing the Favourites ('Heart') list on my computer?

Reason I ask is that's the one feature I miss from my (now discontinued) iPod - I use ratings a lot. Where is this information stored? Is there an API or anyway of accessing it outside of the Shanling itself?

Would be happy to write a script to collect and store this information when the Shanling is connected to the computer if it's available somehow (hidden files?)

Or if that isn't possible, can I request this as a feature - an export feature on the Shanling to a playlist or text file list would be ace. Otherwise the 'heart' feature is fairly useless cos I assume as soon as you change the card the 'like' is gone?

6. jelbo
    It can. It says so in the OP as well I believe. I played a ripped from PlayStation 3 SACD .iso just fine. It's pretty awesome.

7. csglinux
    I've been going back and forth between my V30 (running UAPP) and the M0 feeding my Hugo 2, which then feeds my KSE1500. I'm struggling to detect any differences. I'm not saying there aren't any - I just can't detect them. But I believe there may be differences with devices like Mojo, which can be more susceptible to timing errors (irrespective of whether the stream is bit perfect or not). I forget the details, but Rob Watts hangs out on these threads and is very responsive. If any Mojo owners are interested, they could post a question from him on the "Watts Up" thread.

Those of you using Chord products as external DACs, are all the light colors correct, i.e., matching the expected sampling rate and bit depth?

8. Chefano
    Mojo owner here, ordered this little beast by its size.
    Bit perfect or not, Im absolutely sure it pair beautifully with it. :beerchug:

9. audio123
  10. AudioBear
    Thanks for sharing. Nice write-up and review.

11. Shanling
    It's up to you. Standby is mode set up to be ready in instant, so holding button for 3 seconds would kind of negate it.

Ok.

Can you tell me which firmware and what theme were you using? I'm not able to reproduce such problem.

I switched my brightness to 0 and I can still see it, yet darkly.

Also, where did you find idle timer for 0???

I can turn on EQ in many softwares on both PC/Mac, yet I believe they also send bit-perfect.

I will ask you again, how do you assume that when EQ is set to OFF, it's not disabled?

Why you hear difference between M0 and your phones, I don't know. Doesn't seem to be the experience of many other users of M0.

List of favorites, as playlists, is stored in internal memory of M0.
    Currently there is no way how to export it.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
    barondla likes this.
  12. georgelai57
    I can’t seem to connect to my Sony A15 or A45 whether using LDAC HQ, Normal or Auto but in an instant, using AAC, it finds my iPhone 8+, which is okay as using it with the iPhone is the main use scenario I have in mind anyway since the Sonys are small enough to carry with me when I feel like it. I wonder what I’m doing wrong.

13. jelbo
    I'm on firmware 2.1 (mine came with that) on a titanium M0. I'm using the white theme (because that uses slightly less energy on an LCD panel).

14. Vimtoman
    @Shanling Not sure what happened but whilst looking at files/folder list I managed to get scrolling text of one item on the list.

It scrolled the whole name through in a loop.

I could not get this to do it again.

It's actually quite handy as you only see some of the text on the small screen.

maybe we can have this option?

15. jelbo
    Yes, scrolling text is a must. I've got a few other GUI requests:
    • Battery percentage display option
    • Smaller width font
    • Option to omit file type icons (that take up valuable space)
    • Vsync (I see screen tearing)
    As for functionality, I'd like
    • ReplayGain support (already asked) (Album Gain / Track Gain / Track Gain if Shuffling / Off / Prevent Clipping)
    • Manual EQ (already asked)
    • Crossfeed options
    • Last.fm scrobbling support (to a log file)
    • The reset button behind the hole next to the microSD slot should do a factory reset, not a device reset (you can already force a shutdown by holding the power button)

Mike-WI, Vimtoman and XVortex like this.
First

Back
177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186
188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197
Next

Last