1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Shanling M0 - Nano size, touch screen, LDAC & aptX BT, USB DAC/transport and ESS Sabre ES9218P, FW 3.1

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Shanling, Mar 16, 2018.
First

Back
169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178
180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189
Next

Last
  1. artnoi
    I’m just afraid I’ll miss some Rockbox functionalities. Like replayGain. But the newer M0 should undoubtedly perform better in audio, given they were released almost a decade apart. (From NwAvGuy’s measurement the Clip plus was already outperformed by iPhones and iPods of the era in some aspects)

2. abitdeef
    Yep my clip+ was rockboxed and that was really nice to play around with the multiple sound settings. Especially the stereo widening- helped with the narrow sound stage. Never really liked the replay gain effect as it always seemed to mess with the dynamics a bit with some of my music.

But it would be really cool to have rockbox on the M0, I can only imagine what could be done.

3. artnoi
    Anyway, I’ll hit purchase button and join the club soon!

abitdeef likes this.
  4. My Little Phony
    Dr. Phony got a new patient on his couch :grin:

M0_couch.JPG

Vimtoman likes this.
  5. davidcotton
    What headphones are those btw?

6. david8613
    So what did they release on the 17th? I don't see anything new?

7. AndySocial
    Nada.

8. My Little Phony
    Device: Shanling M0 titan color
    Headphones: Denon AH-D5200
    Headphone Cable: Meze 99 Series 2.5 Balanced Cable
    Adpater: Fiio BL35 2.5mm TRRS to 3.5mm TRS

M0 fatty.jpg

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    davidcotton likes this.
  9. technobear
    ...and the battery lasts twice as long.

10. fjunger
    Yesterday I received my M0 - it's an amazing, fantastic sounding little device, but I have one strange issue. Wonder if someone else encountered the same:

In "My Music" navigation many albums have a reversed track order. The 2. and 3. track are reversed. In "Folder" navigation the track order is correct:

Example: "Metallica - ... And Justice For All" album

"My Music" navigation:

Blackened
    Eye Of The Beholder
    ... And Justice For All

"Folder" navigation:

01. Metallica - Blackened
    02. Metallica - ... And Justice For All
    03. Metallica - Eye Of The Beholder

I'm 100% sure that my files are all tagged properly.
    I also think, that the player has problems in "My Music" with multiple disc albums. I would expect, that first all tracks of the first disc are shown, followed by all tracks of the subsequent disc(s).
    But that's unfortunately not the case.

I hope that those issues will be fixed with the next firmware update ! Last but not least I would love to see the implementation of Replay Gain.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  11. artnoi
    Good to hear that M0’s battery lasts longer than Clip+’s. Clip+ is already impressive in term of battery life for me. Cant wait to get it now.

12. Vimtoman
    The reversed track issue I mentioned to shanling quite a while ago. It's something to do with the disc option in the tags?
    I guess they are still working on a solution to it.

13. georgelai57
    Hi. How many Volts is the Line Out from an M0? Thanks.

14. J Kelley
    With stated output of 80 mW into 32 ohms, ohms law says 1.6V. I have not seen a published voltage.

15. georgelai57
    Thanks. I don’t really understand all this but would maximum volume on high gain give out a higher voltage?

First

Back
169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178
180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189
Next

Last