Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Sep 4, 2018 at 11:10 AM Post #2,971 of 6,413
@BL33DnEaRs Support for external playlists is expected in next (or anyway future :) ) FW update : https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new...-es9218p-fw-2-1.874859/page-183#post-14439587

Speaking of firmware updates it has now been 2 months since the last one. While there has been alot of talk and speculation about what it might or might not contain no real eta has been given.

@Shanling mention expecting one to be available last month so an updated eta would be appreciated. If I seem impatient it is probably because this is my first Chinese manufactured DAP and I am not use to waiting on firmware updates.

Sep 4, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #2,972 of 6,413
@Shanling
Adding a recently transferred list would be swell. :smile_phones:

Sep 4, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #2,973 of 6,413
Speaking of firmware updates it has now been 2 months since the last one. While there has been alot of talk and speculation about what it might or might not contain no real eta has been given.

@Shanling mention expecting one to be available last month so an updated eta would be appreciated. If I seem impatient it is probably because this is my first Chinese manufactured DAP and I am not use to waiting on firmware updates.

If it makes you feel any better fish, Korean daps aren’t much better with firmware updates. I suspect it’s because hiby isn’t doing their firmware anymore as it’s all done in House now so probably less people to work on it

That said some feedback on exactly when it’s coming would be nice.

Sep 4, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #2,976 of 6,413
Two months is not a big deal at all. It's not like this thing is riddled with major bugs and is widely unusable. It's more like a few annoyances and some things people want to see. Big difference. Plus, being the first player with their new OS, I'd rather see more polished updates as opposed to more frequent ones that could end up breaking things that already work just fine or are just rushed in general. As has been mentioned, this isn't Sony or some other billion dollar corporation. Take a chill pill.

Sep 4, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #2,978 of 6,413
Modern software development is releasing early and often. They could label it beta and we would all still jump on it.
And then complain if it isn't working properly even though it says beta :wink:

That sort of rapid development is catch 22, and you have to live with bugs. Or have separate stable / beta releases. Not sure most consumers want to be that bleeding edge, tbh. They just want it to work, and the Shanling m0 does work, with a few minor glitches.

Sep 4, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #2,981 of 6,413
Been using this at work again today and loving it. One of the most hassle free daps I've had (and I've had a few).

Sep 4, 2018 at 12:28 PM Post #2,982 of 6,413
People on this forum are not normal consumers. I believe we would be happy to beta test.

I’ll beta test all day baby!! :wink: Shanling PM me if you want me to beta test the M5s- for free even :wink: I mean my ears are platinum!!

Oh, and you could have shortened your first sentence by omitting the last word. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back