1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Shanling M0 - Nano size, touch screen, LDAC & aptX BT, USB DAC/transport and ESS Sabre ES9218P, FW 3.0

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Shanling, Mar 16, 2018.
First

Back
182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191
193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202
Next

Last
  1. fish1050
    Audiobooks are great for long drives as I don't want to listen to nothing but music for hours on end. When I was living and working in St Louis I had to go back to Canada for 24 hours every year and drove to Buffalo NY and accross to Fort Erie. Then cross back over to states to get my work permit renewed. The drive was 13 hours each way so I would bring my portable CD player with an audiobook burned to CD and listen to it on the drive up and back. It really helps to pass the time on long monotonous drives. If you have ever driven to the northeast US pretty dreary to say the least and not much to look at.

I read books as well but there are times when audiobooks are a great option

2. fish1050
    Yeah I found that to be true to, I guess you could always hire someone to read to you while you drove then you wouldn't need audiobook support.:deadhorse:

AndySocial likes this.
  3. fish1050
    That would be great if you can do that, just makes the M0 more of a keeper having features that other DAP's don't.

4. georgelai57
    What real world usage in hours are people getting from this when playing FLAC/DSD and with minimal use of the screen? I play full albums and after 3 albums or so, it’s down to 1 or 2 bars. I’ve read somewhere, I think, that the battery indicator is not that accurate so maybe 1 bar is still good for a couple more hours.

5. gazzington
    It pairs beautifully. My fav set up at the moment.

6. Shanling
    Yeah, battery indicator can be sometimes way off. Until you try to run it dry, it's hard to judge.

I hope we can make it more accurate.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
  7. georgelai57
    Since I’m a whole album listener I think I should be safe for 10 albums or so. I shall experiment and see. Thanks.

8. greatwhite58
    If you are throwing your M0 in the bin please throw it my way instead. Thanks. :smile_phones:

9. fish1050
    What if it is to far for that person to throw, I mean I have a strong arm but it would take a hell of a throw to get it all the way to you.:ksc75smile:

Zachik, AndySocial and greatwhite58 like this.
  10. greatwhite58
    Ahh good point, you may need to enlist a relay team. :smile_phones:

11. XVortex
    The first tip is to make the player friendly to the custom firmware - it's need to be able to easily flash or restore it to the factory firmware from brick state without disassembling.
    The hiby software had such possibility.
    The second tip is to make the firmware itself easier to compile and decompile. Now your firmware is like a cabbage. What for?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    jelbo likes this.
  12. fish1050
    There is alot of water between us, better make it a swim team.:beyersmile:

greatwhite58 likes this.
  13. endgame4
    Easiest way I can think of would be to allow a custom application to be run from the SD card if it exists? Starting that application instead of the standard shanling-player at that point. It would also need to make the SD card writable in that case so this custom app can write its settings.

Without a reliable way to get into recovery mode on the M0 and re-flash the original firmware other attempts would be risking to brick the player.

The basic Linux of the M0 can be untouched that way, it would just need a modification to the script currently starting up shanling-player?

14. zaero69
    I don't know if this has been discussed, but a percenteage would be nice for the battery indicator. For this to be another option for showing the battery levels could be nice.

jelbo and Mike-WI like this.
  15. oneula
    is there a way to lock or deactivate the main button?
    especially when playing
    mine keeps turning on or off when I don't want it too

First

Back
182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191
193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202
Next

Last