1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Shanling M0 - Nano size, touch screen, LDAC & aptX BT, USB DAC/transport and ESS Sabre ES9218P, FW 3.0

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Shanling, Mar 16, 2018.
First

Back
168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177
179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188
Next

Last
  1. abitdeef
    M0 is the ultimate in high quality truly portable sound. Basically a Sansa clip on steroids. A hifi system in a 2x2 inch box.

2. emilsoft
    I'm using the M0 as usb digital source, works nicely.
    I don't know if this was discussed before but I would love to be able to stream bluetooth to it this way and for it to convert the bluetooth signal to usb digital out, going into my desktop dac.. chance we might see this in future?

3. GearMe
    Yep...Size & Sound Quality are a great combo...replaced my Sansa Clip :)

TBH...never could get used to working out/running/etc. with a smart phone

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  4. Czoken
    Doesn't delay concern you?
    @Shanling isn't there any way to lower latency over usb? It's shame i can't use this neat little device as dac

5. MrGummido
    I am using folder browsing! Looking forward to the FW update :)

6. emilsoft
    Yep I really wish the delay wasn't there... I was hoping to use it for movies/games, as a general dac, but it's only use is music listening...

7. Czoken
    Same for me, only music, but even that not too often because i find it too much of a hassle to swap around so i just use it with my phone when going out

8. ThEvil0nE
    Progress. It now have found my Subaru but M0 still can’t connect to it and since it won’t, I can’t input key code to pair

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  9. endgame4
    Probably best to get a new car. Color match it to the M0 while you are at it.

auronthas, zato23, barondla and 6 others like this.
  10. ThEvil0nE
    yes, that thought crossed my mind too lol it has always been an issue with difficulty pairing this car (subaru impreza) it does it (with phones) but usually takes 2-3 attempts whit cycling on/off the headunit.

I do have a beater bt speaker (doss) that also requires to input keys but as soon as I click to connect on the M0, it paired up automatically, no keys required.

11. DBaldock9
    May as well ask for Shanling to machine the body out of a solid block of aluminum for you... :wink:

12. fish1050
    I get that, in some instances when you find a DAP like the M0 form factor plays in. But in general if you are going from DAP to DAP hoping to hear a big difference it might be better sometimes to change headphones instead of DAP's. I am very careful about matching the headphones I buy to the DAP I want to use in terms of power etc.. It's a big reason I don't buy many DAP's, once I get a headphone and DAP really well matched I stick with it. More often then not updating the DAP is about either getting a new or improved feature set or in the case of the M0 the change to get something super portable. Big reason I never upgraded my A17 to the A35 is it didn't have anything I didn't already have and lost some features that my A17 did have. Sound quality wise I didn't find much of difference to justify the cash outlay for the A35. A45 similar argument, didn't really offer anything different feature wise from my A17 that I needed, less battery life and alot less onboard memory. Not gonna spend $300 for a small upgrade in sound quality. Now that I have tried both a hardware based and touchscreen based DAP over an extended period I now know my next DAP will need to have hardware buttons to work for me.

13. fish1050
    Well if you have that much cash burning a hole in your pocket I would be willing to help you spend it.:deadhorse:

abitdeef likes this.
  14. artnoi
    I bought a refurbed Sansa clip+ and it just broke. Was thinking about re-purchasing one more Sansa, but now I’m changing my mind. I like its low output impedance+wiress technologies. Perfect solution for me who wants to roam around the house with my Etymotic IEMs playing my desktop library!

15. abitdeef
    Sounds much better too:wink:

First

Back
168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177
179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188
Next

Last