1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Shanling M0 - Nano size, touch screen, LDAC & aptX BT, USB DAC/transport and ESS Sabre ES9218P, FW 3.0

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Shanling, Mar 16, 2018.
First

Back
164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173
175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184
Next

Last
  1. AndySocial
    We live in a bizarrely phone-centric time, don't we?

2. abitdeef
    I wholeheartedly agree M0 unit sounds absolutely amazing with the AK T8ie mkii in high gain mode. Battery still lasts a good while too. I run mine at about 45- 50 ish out of 100 with high gain and it’s quite loud which I like. :wink:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    Duncan likes this.
  3. abitdeef
    No touch screen on M2s and it has hardware buttons on the side. The M2s also sounded quite a bit warmer to my ears, not quite as clear but still very good. I think the M2s had more power, but I only listen to pretty efficient stuff so I couldn’t tell much of a difference.

Both nice, I personally prefer the sound sig of the M0.

4. david8613
    thanks that's good to know, I think I might pick up an m0

5. davidcotton
    Might want to hang on a couple of day's as it seems that Shanling are going to announce a new model on friday. Of course that doesn't mean there isn't room in your collection for a small decent sounding dap as a backup of course (and no I still haven't got one!).

Mike-WI likes this.
  6. davidcotton
    Ha, people always look like I've grown an extra head or something when I inform them that I haven't got one, and no intention of it either!

AndySocial likes this.
  7. TheVortex
    I am curious in what filter are most people are using for their M0?

8. lior777
    plz advice for good on ear headsphone for travel to my m0

9. paddler57
    Why do you think Sammy and Apple are marketing $1000 phones? My buddy was a big holdout. Had a flip phone up until last year when he caved and got an iPhone. Now he bombards us with shirtless spandex wearing bitmojis. Sigh.

On a thread related note I've been happy with my Sony 1000XM2's for traveling. Never thought much of noise canceling cans until I wore them flying. Just wish I'd make the time to do the one earpad mod I saw. Would make them even more comfy.

10. abitdeef
    I was a holdout for a smart phone for years, but I like using my phone and tablet better than my laptop- faster and more convenient.

Shanling can’t wait to hear about the new model!

11. AudioBear
    I'm new to this thread. Just got my M0 yesterday. Love it. I intend to use it on flights wirelessly connected to Sony WH1000MX2 noise reducing headphones. I had a little glitch hooking up via LDAC. See my Amazon review (goo.gl/hhJSC2) for how I solved the problem which was not a fault of the M0. I now have 24/96 FLACs being streamed from my M0's mSD card direct to my WH1000MX2 using the LDAC codec. That's what I bought the M0 for. Not many players have LDAC and all of them cost more than the M0. It's a great value.

I forgot to mention that when I couldn't get LDAC work for me I PM-ed Shanling and they go back to me in a few hours. Nice to know they actually support their users....

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
    barondla likes this.
  12. barondla
    Until Sony builds a touch screen dap the size of the M0 it isn't fair to call out the M0's touch screen ergonomics. Most people realize a smaller screen will take a little more care to use and are willing to live with it for the ultra portable convenience.

AndySocial likes this.
  13. ThEvil0nE
    The M0 to me is a dump and play... dump your favorite music in the card then hit play and is very good at it. It's not one of those dap that you can whip out and scroll up and down to find your next song, I wish it could be done flawlessly but a touch screen this small asking too much. The only way possible to make it scroll fluidly is to make the screen fit 3-4 song title at a time but in doing so, it won't be fun scrolling thru hundreds of titles. No win win situation there for the M0. With that, I like the M0 for what purpose it serves me.

barondla likes this.
  14. greatwhite58
    Got the Shanling cable yesterday so that I can connect the M0 to my Mojo. It’s the perfect length and is very well made. Another excellent value product from Shanling.

dricas_007, barondla and tim0chan like this.
  15. paddler57
    Wonder if they could do a press and hold while scrolling. If you held and slid right it would zoom in. Slide left, and it would zoom out. Could have you go from scrolling through quickly to zooming in to show a few and select one easier.

First

Back
164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173
175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184
Next

Last