Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
May 24, 2019 at 2:39 AM Post #5,146 of 6,413
Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
May 24, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #5,147 of 6,413
Apps is in works for some time.

Previous app was HiBy app, not ours.
I know... That was my point. You had a great app to reference... Hence I found it odd that after 15 months it's still in the planning phase. Like if this app were the first of its kind, I could see the long planning stage, but you had a very nice one to reference off of from the get go and you're just out of planning and into development.

May 24, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #5,148 of 6,413
Some functions are simply set in way we believe are best and fitting most people, unfortunately we are not able to offer settings fitting every single user.

The way 'shuffle' works now (random+repeat) makes no sense to any user. Suppose you have your player on shuffle and press 'next' followed by 'previous'. Any normal person would expect to end up on the initial track again, not some random other track.

May 24, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #5,152 of 6,413
The way 'shuffle' works now (random+repeat) makes no sense to any user. Suppose you have your player on shuffle and press 'next' followed by 'previous'. Any normal person would expect to end up on the initial track again, not some random other track.

Actually, I don't have a problem with the way 'Shuffle' works on M0. To be honest if you indeed go 'next' then 'previous' it does land on the same track that you were initially.
The random factor will remember last played song. It's when you go twice to the 'previous' song that it gives you a different track.However shuffle always remembers last played song.

From your Wikipedia link: "Shuffle playback prevents repeated tracks, which makes it distinct from random playback".
Shuffle in the M0 still prevents repeated tracks, it's just that once it finishes playing all songs it starts the playlist again in a differents random order. This may cause some recently played song (from the end of the 'first shuffle list') play again soon (it may be moved to the top of the 'new shuffle list') giving the impression that it is repeating songs (It's not).

Seems that you want a very specific behaviour. That doesn't mean that the available mode is not useful to other users as you suggest. It's just not the specific behaviour that you expect in particular.
That said, I'm all in to have as many options as possible on the player. freedom to choose different settings is great,and software additions are appreciated.

May 24, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #5,153 of 6,413
Exactly, cause I want to listen a album only once and not infinite.

Please Shanling, change that and separate the shuffle mode of random

Actually, I don't have a problem with the way 'Shuffle' works on M0. To be honest if you indeed go 'next' then 'previous' it does land on the same track that you were initially.
The random factor will remember last played song. It's when you go twice to the 'previous' song that it gives you a different track.However shuffle always remembers last played song.

From your Wikipedia link: "Shuffle playback prevents repeated tracks, which makes it distinct from random playback".
Shuffle in the M0 still prevents repeated tracks, it's just that once it finishes playing all songs it starts the playlist again in a differents random order. This may cause some recently played song (from the end of the 'first shuffle list') play again soon (it may be moved to the top of the 'new shuffle list') giving the impression that it is repeating songs (It's not).

Seems that you want a very specific behaviour. That doesn't mean that the available mode is not useful to other users as you suggest. It's just not the specific behaviour that you expect in particular.
That said, I'm all in to have as many options as possible on the player. freedom to choose different settings is great,and software additions are appreciated.

So, must to have two modes, shuffle and random and the user choose

Last edited:
May 25, 2019 at 1:51 AM Post #5,154 of 6,413
First post, so not cool to ask for something, but...

@Shanling

Could you please introduce a 5 second rewind on pause option?

It was an extremely useful option on my Rockboxed Sansa Clip, especially when the back and forward buttons started dying. It's perfect for combating interruptions while listening to Podcasts/Audiobooks and would integrate well with the wheel button play/pause.

I know a lot of people are waiting for a Podcast/Audiobook app, but this would be a great stopgap and obviously be much easier to implement.

Thanks

May 27, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #5,157 of 6,413
I've tested latest firmware 2.5 because i'm interested to act as a bridge between bluetooth and an USB speaker or play directly to speaker with digital output.
This USB speaker works fine under windows in USB-C. When I'm trying to connect with USB-C to USB-C cable (i've tried multiple cable) Shanling M0 does not detect it as a sound output.
I've tested it with a DAC and it was working that time.
Is there ongoing fixes to add more compatible device (Speaker is a VIFA REYKJAVIK) ? Anything to debug ?

May 27, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #5,158 of 6,413
I'm also having problems with bluetooth volume on the M0. Volume is too low for outside use with Samsung buds. I have a similar but cheaper set of bluetooth earbuds where the volume is significantly louder. The Samsung buds are a much better fit though, so it's disappointing that I can't use them.

May 27, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #5,159 of 6,413
I've tested latest firmware 2.5 because i'm interested to act as a bridge between bluetooth and an USB speaker or play directly to speaker with digital output.
This USB speaker works fine under windows in USB-C. When I'm trying to connect with USB-C to USB-C cable (i've tried multiple cable) Shanling M0 does not detect it as a sound output.
Is there ongoing fixes to add more compatible device (Speaker is a VIFA REYKJAVIK) ? Anything to debug ?
Was usb out meant to work that way on a m0? Like would Usb-c headphones work with the M0? I don't think or remember reading or seeing anything about analog audio out via USB.

And why use Usb-c when you can just use the headphone jack?

May 27, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #5,160 of 6,413
If the USB speaker is expecting to be powered via USB by the M0 then it will be out of luck. The M0 can only output sound over USB to self-powered DACs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back