Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
May 14, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #5,101 of 6,413
Yes but I watched this video of how usb C cable are not as compatible as micro usb.

One Google employee even damaged his laptop with one.
The cable is supposed to protect the device and to not allow over current but some producers cut corners to make cables cheaper.
So to be safe only use reputable cables phone for the phone, laptop for the laptop. Preferably the same brand and the provided charger. But to be really safe maybe always use a low power charger for small devices 1A, maybe 2A, 5v max.

May 14, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #5,102 of 6,413
N
Yes but I watched this video of how usb C cable are not as compatible as micro usb.

The cable is supposed to protect the device and to not allow over current but some producers cut corners to make cables cheaper.
So to be safe only use reputable cables phone for the phone, laptop for the laptop. Preferably the same brand and the provided charger. But to be really safe maybe always use a low power charger for small devices 1A, maybe 2A, 5v max.

Wow! Didn't realize what a mess usb C can be.

May 14, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #5,103 of 6,413

True that USB-C is a mess. Anyway, been using the PZOZ 2.4A magnetic data cable for 6+ months with my M0 without ever any issues.
So that one's a safe bet for a replacement cable. Super convenient too.

The one I got is like in the image below.
There are some 3A or 5A from this brand which I have not tested, so be aware. Anotación 2019-05-14 222425.png IMG_20190421_172759.jpg

May 17, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #5,104 of 6,413
Anyone pair this with the new powerbeats pro? Do these support aptx or ldac Bluetooth?

May 17, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #5,106 of 6,413
How is the BT range when using the Shanling M0 as a "soundcard" from my PC to a LDAC supported headset?
I'm on the verge of ordering the M0 just for that use.
Do you know if the inline remote on the headset will work through the Shanling if it's connected like this?
Would really appreciate an answer.

May 18, 2019 at 3:52 AM Post #5,107 of 6,413
How is the BT range when using the Shanling M0 as a "soundcard" from my PC to a LDAC supported headset?
I'm on the verge of ordering the M0 just for that use.
Do you know if the inline remote on the headset will work through the Shanling if it's connected like this?
Would really appreciate an answer.

M0 to ZX300 using LDAC high quality I can get 10-15ft away before any audio break-up, obviously not through the solid walls I have here.

I don't have any LDAC headphones, hence the ZX300, other devices may well exhibit a shorter range. The source was my PC though using M0 as a DAC with Tidal as source if that matters. :)

Edit: buttons on the Sony DAP do not skip tracks or pause etc, obviously the volume controls on the DAP work as normal though.

Last edited:
May 18, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #5,108 of 6,413
M0 to ZX300 using LDAC high quality I can get 10-15ft away before any audio break-up, obviously not through the solid walls I have here.

I don't have any LDAC headphones, hence the ZX300, other devices may well exhibit a shorter range. The source was my PC though using M0 as a DAC with Tidal as source if that matters. :)

Edit: buttons on the Sony DAP do not skip tracks or pause etc, obviously the volume controls on the DAP work as normal though.
Thanks for answering! :)
I guess the M0 show up in the list of soundcards on the PC when you connect it like that?
Maybe buttons on a headset will work anyway? Guess it's a bit different than the controls on you Sony DAP?
You have no BT headsets to try? (even if it's only sbc/aac/aptx?)
Thanks again.

May 18, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #5,109 of 6,413
@Shanling

The lock screen function while in bt receiver mode doesn't behave anything like lock screen in DAP mode. Is this by design?

P.s. can u add an automatic pause when disconnecting bt devices? E.g. when disconnecting bt headphones or speakers - like how it automatically pauses when you unplug the headphone jack. Every other bt audio source does it except this one. It caught me out more than a few times with a surprise dead battery.

Last edited:
May 18, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #5,110 of 6,413
Thanks for answering! :)
I guess the M0 show up in the list of soundcards on the PC when you connect it like that?
Maybe buttons on a headset will work anyway? Guess it's a bit different than the controls on you Sony DAP?
You have no BT headsets to try? (even if it's only sbc/aac/aptx?)
Thanks again.

Yes it appears as just another soundcard device.

I don't believe it is possible to use the skip/pause/play etc from any headset when the m0 is used as a bluetooth transmitter the required control signals are just not supported IFAIK

May 18, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #5,112 of 6,413
Thanks
Powerbeats Pro only supports SBC and AAC, which is the normal case for Apple products.

Yeah i ended up finding that out, but good thing the M0 supports that! When i connected it without AAC i was like What this is wack lol. AAC actually made it sound 10 times better. Haven't paired with my iphone yet, so i'm sure that will sound even better. The only thing that i'm kind of disappointed with is that i have to put the volume to 100% with the M0. When i had it paired with my MW07 the max volume i had it at was about 80%. Wonder if there's a way to bypass that or a firmware update? I do have the max volume set to max on M0 settings.

May 18, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #5,114 of 6,413
With which headphones? The M0 doesn't deliver a lot of power, should be fine with most IEMs but not ideal for many full size headphones. Make sure that your source feeding the M0 is turned up to max volume.
This is by Bluetooth through AAC on powerbeats pro

May 19, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #5,115 of 6,413
I use a Samsung OTG USB adaptor with my Galaxy S9+, and a short usb C cable, and it works perfectly, I use it to stream Tidal Masters form the phone and listen in the M0. The M0 is a very good travel companion.

Is posible in this config send audio with Bluetooth from M0?

Smartphone -> USB otg -> M0 -> LDAC -> Headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back