Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jun 29, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #1,606 of 6,413
Got mine in blue and I am very satisfied, besides the screen tearing, does everybody else have this issue in scrolling the menu? And my volumeknob is acting a bit strange, when I use it to lower or higher volume it sometimes can go from ex. 45 to 43 on just one "click" on the wheel while highering the volume or reverse. Do I have a faulty device?
@Shanling

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #1,607 of 6,413
Got mine in blue and I am very satisfied, besides the screen tearing, does everybody else have this issue in scrolling the menu? And my volumeknob is acting a bit strange, when I use it to lower or higher volume it sometimes can go from ex. 45 to 43 on just one "click" on the wheel while highering the volume or reverse. Do I have a faulty device?
@Shanling

The screen tearing is normal. The update 2.0 does reduce it if you have not done that yet.
My volume steps Ok. It does do a funny bit where the same digit shows after a step.

Jun 30, 2018 at 12:22 AM Post #1,608 of 6,413
Anybody able to compare SQ (Stage, Resolution, Tonality) with other devices?

I know I might be out of my league since I don't really post but I do have a comparison. Im using my trusted pair of Etymotic ER4 PT with the resistor cable.

The M0 blows my Ibasso DX90 out of the water. There is no glare or shouty behavior like the DX90 when turned up. At full volume on the M0 it sounds great with ER4s.
I know this will ruffle a few feathers and maybe its the L2 cable but I think it sounds better on its own than when its hooked up to the Mojo.
Very clean and detailed. Im in disbelief that it sounds this good for its size.

Jun 30, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #1,610 of 6,413
I know I might be out of my league since I don't really post but I do have a comparison. Im using my trusted pair of Etymotic ER4 PT with the resistor cable.

The M0 blows my Ibasso DX90 out of the water. There is no glare or shouty behavior like the DX90 when turned up. At full volume on the M0 it sounds great with ER4s.
I know this will ruffle a few feathers and maybe its the L2 cable but I think it sounds better on its own than when its hooked up to the Mojo.
Very clean and detailed. Im in disbelief that it sounds this good for its

My opinion is same..very clean and good sound and i think it enhance the bass quantity of earphones

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #1,611 of 6,413
My opinion is same..very clean and good sound and I think it enhance the bass quantity of earphones

I had a slightly different result. I felt that it lost a little body and some instrument separation compared to using it with the Mojo. However it completely makes up for it with tighter bass and more clarity. Also I felt whatever the Mojo brings as far as more revealing sounds is completely irrelevant as Im drawn more to the clarity of the M0 signature. Its that Saber sound but without the glare.

I also have an Aune B1 class A amplifier which fixed a lot of the issues I had with my DX90 and when using it with the line out on the M0 it actually degraded the sound.

I don't know if anyone feels the same way, Im in disbelief. Im going to trust my ears for now and save some money.

Jun 30, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #1,612 of 6,413
I had a slightly different result. I felt that it lost a little body and some instrument separation compared to using it with the Mojo. However it completely makes up for it with tighter bass and more clarity. Also I felt whatever the Mojo brings as far as more revealing sounds is completely irrelevant as Im drawn more to the clarity of the M0 signature. Its that Saber sound but without the glare.

I also have an Aune B1 class A amplifier which fixed a lot of the issues I had with my DX90 and when using it with the line out on the M0 it actually degraded the sound.

I don't know if anyone feels the same way, Im in disbelief. Im going to trust my ears for now and save some money.

Actually i just tested it alone,not with dac amp and its really good,trust your ears i think its better than fiio x3ii sound

Jun 30, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #1,613 of 6,413
Actually i just tested it alone,not with dac amp and its really good,trust your ears i think its better than fiio x3ii sound

The weird thing is I want there to be something to be improved upon so I can add a DAC/amp for the sake of doing so but there is no justification. I have an old fiio X3 first gen that I will compare it to. If it is clearly better then I will be trusting my ears. Its so sad that the Mojo combo is not doing it for me anymore at least with my IEMs.

Jul 1, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #1,615 of 6,413
While im waiting m0, I've got a question.
Does it support extra latin characters like è é ç ñ ø å etc, as well as cyrillic, greek, armenian, georgian scripts. Its very important thing for me. Thanks

Jul 1, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #1,619 of 6,413
So how do these look in their cases?? Any good pics? I am still waiting for my black case to show up, it's been 9 days, and now it's in Germany, hoping it makes it here to Buffalo, New York by Christmas.
About ready to buy another in a different color now that they are available with Prime shipping, and want to see how the colors look on the unit.

Jul 1, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #1,620 of 6,413

Users who are viewing this thread

Back