Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Jun 27, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #1,551 of 6,413
I'm going to go from memory on this, so please feel free to research and verify.
My understanding is that only the oldest firmware needed to have a card formatted in FAT32 FOR THE UPGRADE. After that (I think it was 1.5 to 2.0, but check me.) you can use any format of card for upgrades. So if you have an old 4G or 16G lying around, use that for the upgrade and you don't need to re-format.

As for re-formatting a 128G card to FAT32? Yes. It can absolutely be done. I formatted a 128G card to FAT32 because the iBasso DX50 preferred FAT32. You can find a FAT32 formatter online that works just fine. But I don't think you will need to if you can find a smaller card just for the upgrade.

Hope this helps.

Jun 27, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #1,554 of 6,413
I'm going to go from memory on this, so please feel free to research and verify.
My understanding is that only the oldest firmware needed to have a card formatted in FAT32 FOR THE UPGRADE. After that (I think it was 1.5 to 2.0, but check me.) you can use any format of card for upgrades. So if you have an old 4G or 16G lying around, use that for the upgrade and you don't need to re-format.

As for re-formatting a 128G card to FAT32? Yes. It can absolutely be done. I formatted a 128G card to FAT32 because the iBasso DX50 preferred FAT32. You can find a FAT32 formatter online that works just fine. But I don't think you will need to if you can find a smaller card just for the upgrade.

Hope this helps.

It needs to be exfat to do the upgrade from firmware 1.5 to 2.0

Jun 27, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #1,558 of 6,413
I have same card but have had one go funny ,running hot. Had to send it back.
Maybe update the firmware once more if possible?
All I can think off that you could do.
I’ve been using this card for many months mounted nonstop on an iMac to use with JRiver MC23. I am 100% sure it has zero problems. I can try re-updating FW2.0 but there are severall ways to trigger a crash on this device... It’s simply unstable

Jun 27, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #1,560 of 6,413
I’ve been using this card for many months mounted nonstop on an iMac to use with JRiver MC23. I am 100% sure it has zero problems. I can try re-updating FW2.0 but there are severall ways to trigger a crash on this device... It’s simply unstable
It's possible you have a defective device. I believe there was mention of somebody else's screen permanently frozen earlier in the thread and @Shanling said it would be necessary to return/replace the device.

I have two M0 units here, going through all sorts of tests and have never experienced problems like you're describing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back