SHAKE IT UP-CA EARTHQUAKE
Jul 29, 2008 at 7:22 PM Post #3 of 23
I'm over here on the border of San Jose/Los Gatos, and I haven't felt any leftovers yet.

Jul 29, 2008 at 7:27 PM Post #4 of 23
I'm on the 20th floor of an office building in Century City. We felt it and the building is still moving.

One of my co-workers recently moved here from Maine. Another native and I went into her office during the quake and asked her how she was liking her first earthquake.

And everything is fine here. The rolling file cabinets are still rolling, but no damage, no injuries.

Jul 29, 2008 at 7:36 PM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm on the 20th floor of an office building in Century City. We felt it and the building is still moving.

One of my co-workers recently moved here from Maine. Another native and I went into her office during the quake and asked her how she was liking her first earthquake.

And everything is fine here. The rolling file cabinets are still rolling, but no damage, no injuries.

How'd she reply?

Jul 29, 2008 at 7:46 PM Post #7 of 23
I was on the third floor at school. Cabinets started opening, stuff started falling out, but thats it. I was really shaken up though. We had to evacuate and got to go home early
cool.gif

Jul 29, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #10 of 23
I felt it in Alhambra. Like the majority, no real damage to report save for a few knocked over ornaments here and there.

Jul 29, 2008 at 8:22 PM Post #12 of 23
My friend 'ganga' checked in and all is okay in the Glendale area (he was on the 17th floor).

Elevators still not up yet.

Be safe down there.....

Cheers,

Jul 29, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #13 of 23
I'm in San Pedro.

Was some pretty good swaying back and forth. A few things fell over, nothing serious.

Actually it's the biggest earthquake I've ever felt that I didn't sleep through.

Cellphone service was out for a good half hour. Ironically the internets was still working perfectly.

-Ed

Jul 29, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #15 of 23
Felt it over in San Diego. Computer lab I'm in starting swaying a fair amount. One guy just up and left the building as soon as it stopped. Must have been his first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back