Shadow Impressions
Dec 1, 2009 at 7:08 AM Post #181 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeBlues /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The P-51 is a very, very good amp, impossible to beat for it's size. The Lisa III is not just a little better, it is a LOT better, not even close better.

Could you tell me in what areas of SQ you feel the Lisa accels over the Mustang and how?

Dec 4, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #182 of 223
Does anyone have the dimensions of this baby?

Also does the Shadow receive any interference when used with an Iphone? Does it have any RF protection? Would appreciate any replies! Thanks.

Dec 4, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #183 of 223
As the other, Shadow receive interferences from Iphone.
Only Plane mode Solution.

Dec 4, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #184 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rico67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As the other, Shadow receive interferences from Iphone.
Only Plane mode Solution.

Oh man, that would render my iphone useless and me uncontactable. Oh wells, thanks so much for your reply!

Dec 4, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #185 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradoxus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh man, that would render my iphone useless and me uncontactable. Oh wells, thanks so much for your reply!

Just get an EMI blocking card from Quick Bridge Solutions - EM Shield for iPhone and put it between the iPhone and amplifier - they work great and are cheap!

Dec 5, 2009 at 12:43 PM Post #188 of 223
i HAVE ORDER ONE JUST TO TRY...
If it'll work it'll be a perfect solution thank you HeadphoneAddict.

Dec 5, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #189 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by haycheng /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The shadow had a gain of 3, right? Is there any way to get it lower to 1? I am listening at 0 volume with my SE530, right.

So are you saying when you just turn the amp on, as the volume resets to close to zero, and have the earphones in, the amp is loud enough? That is really strange as for both my TF10s and JH13, I can barely hear the sound unless I increase the volume, maybe something is wrong with your volume control?

Dec 5, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #190 of 223
I have not experienced any interference on my shadow from my iPhone 3Gs using both moon audio and cable pro reverie cables.

Dec 5, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #191 of 223
Has anyone listened to the shadow with er-4s? I am thinking about getting a pair. I would appreciate any comments.

Dec 5, 2009 at 4:02 PM Post #192 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rico67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have receipted mine Yesterday, so First impression:
Wow, sound is really great out fo the box.
I have owned P 51-Predator -Hornet before and it's the fist amp wich soon so good out of the box without burning time.
Detail, open, sound is "realistic"
I have tested it with UM3 / PX100 and GS 1000 ( source is Imod and Pvcaps and ALO SXC Cables)
Works great with UM3 and PX 100, they give there best with this amp.
Concerning GS1000, it's sound good, but with a lake of "Presence".
So, after that i decided to let Burning.
At 30 Hours :
Sound have change :
Firt medium take there place ( more presence ), Hights become more "liquid" and now Bass are changing to less separate.
So it' s look like the sound become more "homogenous" and natural, but a "Realistic sound" is for me the first thing to describe the sound of this little amp.
Prefect for portable Headphones and hearsphones, but not really for full size Headphone as my Grado.
As i have choose it for the portability, no problem, it's the better Amp i have tested until now for this job.
Thanks RSA to make such great products.
Worth the try with PX100, you won't be deasapointed, it's sound extrodinary Great.

how does the shadow compare to the preddator(fully burned)?
does it have more poewer than the predator?

have you compared the shadow to the mustang?

is its extra small size annoying,? i cant imagine a smaller amp than the mustang?

thankyou

Dec 5, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #193 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by digihead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't compared them directly, however I owned a Hornet for a long time and moved up the line in Ray's portable amps (Predator, then P-51 and now considering a Shadow). All I can say is that in my experience the P-51 is a far better portable amp than the Hornet. I really don't think you would be disappointed.

hi, nice to see youve tried the rsa lineup, i have the predator and am very curious to see how it compares to the the mustang or shadow or sr71a?

indeed it has taken long but sounds much better with long burn,, still i have to retest again with my denon 7000 to see if i can here any suttle difference or and frequency which is lacking like previously it couldnt fully amp the low end of my denon7000 but isupect many of the rsa pocket amps would be similare excluding the sr71a whcih i here is the best rsa portablw???

thanks

Dec 5, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #194 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinCannoisseur /img/forum/go_quote.gif
how does the shadow compare to the preddator(fully burned)?
does it have more poewer than the predator?

have you compared the shadow to the mustang?

is its extra small size annoying,? i cant imagine a smaller amp than the mustang?

thankyou

I think the shadow has a little more power and the form factor is so much smaller, it is certainly preferable to me as compared ot the predator. I may be even selling it.

Dec 5, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #195 of 223
Quote:

Originally Posted by haycheng /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The shadow had a gain of 3, right? Is there any way to get it lower to 1? I am listening at 0 volume with my SE530, right.

Hi, your SE530s came with an attenuator, that should sort you out....
confused_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back