SHA-GOLD
Sep 1, 2008 at 2:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

klb2122

100+ Head-Fier
Recently picked on up tat had been serviced and then sat unused for several years. Along with it came an nos pair siemens cca tubes that the previous owner never took the time to install/hear.

I have a pair of AKG k701s with a RAL cryo-silver rewire and while i'm certain there are amps that might not have to push as hard to put out volume through these phone I have to say i am very very very pleased with what I have heard in the past three days.

I am not primarily a headphile: I've been working with an integrated that I have been in love with (denon PMA2000 ivr) and the SHA offers up the opportunity to bypass the denon's pre (which is supposed to be theweak spot if you wanted to search for one) but the amp direct input was non-functioning when i tried to hook it up (i should mention it was purchased refurbished b-stock). Anyway while i'm waiting for the amp to return i have been listening virtually non-stop through the headphones and it's stupendous. There really isn't much else i want to say at the moment, I kinda just wanna get back to listening. While the phones will, most likely, be getting less play once the amp returns home (relegated to evening (post bedtime hours)) it has been a pleasure getting to know them and this pre/headamp as well as i have thus far. Cheers to AKG, Cheers to Brad at RAL and Cheers to the folks formerly with MELOS. Thank you for such pleasure inducing, spine twinging musical instruments.

Sep 1, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #2 of 3
The Sha-Gold is indeed a very nice piece of amplifier. It has a reputation for being the ultimate Grado amp (and by association, good with low-impedance cans in general).

Congrats on your new toy
biggrin.gif

Sep 1, 2008 at 9:21 AM Post #3 of 3
why thank you.
I do hope to hear it with grados soon enough.
though i am looking closely at some beyerdynamic dt770 or 880s.

and

i must say that this is not a toy.
this is nothing short of a model of how i wish the world were to function
for
the level and depth of meaning/pleasure seems quite satisfying and could only prove benefitial to all whom are fortunate enough to partake

Users who are viewing this thread

Back