SGAudioHive Impressions Thread
Jun 17, 2017 at 9:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

YAGIZ

Previously known as Aerosphere
Member of the Trade: Headfonia
I felt the need of such thread, so here we are. SGAudioHive is a cable company located in Singapore. Yong is the man behind the curtain and he is a total pleasure to do business with.
I bought quite a few cables from Yong and I am impressed by his work, I will update this thread with impressions later.
Oh btw, I'm a satisfied user of his BAL & Pin adapters too. If you have any questions about them I'd love to answer. I am sure there are more of you out there who is using his cables. Let's discuss!

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #2 of 13
I am having SGaudiohive's Laboriosa silver litz balanced cable terminated for my JH Audio IEM. It is really nice to do business with this guy Yong. Very supportive and responsive guy. The build quality of the cable is very good and available half rate compare to Effect audio silver cable. He provided me a innovative bass adjuster option. Instead of the bulky bass pod, he provided me inbuilt basspod towards the respective IEM connection. Sound wise the cable is joy to listen.

Aug 24, 2017 at 3:04 AM Post #3 of 13
Thought I would share my experience with Yong as well. I'm very familiar with Yong's craftsmanship, having bought a few custom iem cables, interconnects and adapters from him. He works fast and the cables always come out perfectly made - everything is properly soldered and tucked away neatly. He provides quality materials at half the rate of what the competitors (over)charge. He is very into the science of cables and open to ideas as well, so feel free to hit him up if you want to try something out of the box. Pictured is a unique spc + silver hybrid with a 2.5mm Furutech plug.

Noble Encore and Audiohive.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2017 at 11:08 AM Post #5 of 13
I recently received a Laboriosa X litz OCC copper cable from Yong. I'm using it on a pair of Nicehck DZ7 hybrid IEM. The cable is wonderfully flexible, non-microphonic, and super ergonomic. It's very cleanly made, and offers a significant sonic upgrade over stock. The sound on the DZ7 takes on a nice extra sense of fullness and space, which is exactly what the DZ7 needed... a shot in the arm so to speak. All for a very fair price. I love that this is not one of those crazy priced $300+ monsters. Can't say enough good things about my experience with SGAudioHive.

https://sgaudiohive.com/collections/cables/products/laboriosa-copper-litz

One update-- after a week and a half or so of use, the printed logos on the mini connectors at the earphone are wearing off already. It's a small disappointment in an otherwise entirely positive user experience so far....

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 6:25 AM Post #6 of 13
Thought I would share my experience with Yong as well. I'm very familiar with Yong's craftsmanship, having bought a few custom iem cables, interconnects and adapters from him. He works fast and the cables always come out perfectly made - everything is properly soldered and tucked away neatly. He provides quality materials at half the rate of what the competitors (over)charge. He is very into the science of cables and open to ideas as well, so feel free to hit him up if you want to try something out of the box. Pictured is a unique spc + silver hybrid with a 2.5mm Furutech plug.

Looks amazing!

Sep 29, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #7 of 13
One update-- after a week and a half or so of use, the printed logos on the mini connectors at the earphone are wearing off already. It's a small disappointment in an otherwise entirely positive user experience so far....

I have another cable and it’s 2pin - the barrel can be unscrewed. I assume this is for future servicing of the cable? But i glued them shut.

Jun 21, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #10 of 13
I recently received a Laboriosa X litz OCC copper cable from Yong. I'm using it on a pair of Nicehck DZ7 hybrid IEM. The cable is wonderfully flexible, non-microphonic, and super ergonomic. It's very cleanly made, and offers a significant sonic upgrade over stock. The sound on the DZ7 takes on a nice extra sense of fullness and space, which is exactly what the DZ7 needed... a shot in the arm so to speak. All for a very fair price. I love that this is not one of those crazy priced $300+ monsters. Can't say enough good things about my experience with SGAudioHive.

https://sgaudiohive.com/collections/cables/products/laboriosa-copper-litz

will the 2 pin be loose? if i use the recessed 2 pin on dz7?

Sep 28, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #11 of 13
Does anyone know if SGAudiohive is still in business? My cable broke after less than a year, so I sent it back for repairs. The tracking shows it was received back in early August, but I've heard nothing and can't get a hold of them?

Feb 20, 2023 at 6:49 PM Post #13 of 13
I sent my headphone cardas clear cable to sgaudiohive - who then sleeved, braided and reterminated it for iem use.

He also suggested to reuse the splitter to maintain cardas look.

The end result looks and feels very nice. Great job sgaudiohive!

8075149A-C36E-4723-B09C-601806928A22.jpeg8798EB8D-B15B-4F51-AA84-3883C1593401.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back