SFI 32ohm ribbon tweeters
Sep 28, 2011 at 7:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

chriss88

New Head-Fier
Hi all! This is my 1st post in desperation!

Im currently in the process of modding some Audio Technica es7's, using this as a guide -Does It Pew?: DIY HiFi Orthodynamic Portable Headphones (aka Ribbon Driver Headphones) im sure a few of you have heard about it? its gone down a storm! because of this there seems to be none of the 32 ohm tweeters anywhere!! its literally the last bit i need (and most important)! no amount of google searching has resulted in anything!

Does anyone know where these can be found?/anyone have any??
HELP PLEASE!

Im from the UK if that makes a difference!

Thanks all 
smile.gif

Sep 30, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #11 of 14
Actually, there seem to be a lack of bipolar units (of both the 30 and 120ohm variety) nowadays in the US, and the ones in Germany are iffy at best. Before buying, make sure they are bipoles. And please tell us if they are. I need like 8 more.

Nov 3, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #12 of 14
I bought a couple from Germany, and at one time had a pair that came from a US seller. Is there a major difference between the SFI drivers coming from different places? There a reason you say the German ones are "iffy at best"?

In both cases, I was using the 120 ohm bipole version

Nov 6, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #14 of 14

Quote:
I bought a couple from Germany, and at one time had a pair that came from a US seller. Is there a major difference between the SFI drivers coming from different places? There a reason you say the German ones are "iffy at best"?

In both cases, I was using the 120 ohm bipole version

They're bipoles you say? Where did you buy them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back