SF5P or Atrios (newbie needs help)
Oct 18, 2008 at 8:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

astroninja

New Head-Fier
hey guyssssssssss. first post!
biggrin.gif

im a person that generally listens to rock punk alternative pop metal and occasionally, orchestra and jazz.

so i was wondering if i were to get maximal enjoyment of the genres listed would sf5p (w es2cables) or atrios be better?

thanks !

Oct 19, 2008 at 1:01 PM Post #3 of 9
Alright, I listen to all the genres you listen to. I currently have both IEMs, and I would say the Atrio beats the SF5Pro hands down IMO. The soundstage of the Atrio improves quite a bit with burn-in and I believe the fun sound of the Atrio will keep you wanting more. The bass is strong when required and fantastically detailed. And it's cheaper than the SF5P!

A few pointers on the Atrio, don't be too quick to judge it. Personally I tried it thrice and I was walking out the shop with it only after the third time, because the first 2 times I couldn't get a good seal on it. Seal is critical for the Atrio, and also burn-in. The soundstage opens up with burn-in, and I must say it's equally detailed as the SF5P IMO, more detailed if you include the bass details.

For orchestral music, you need some bass to bring out the whole spectrum of sound as well, and jazz just sounds so smooth and addictive on the Atrio.

Oct 19, 2008 at 2:11 PM Post #4 of 9
Maybe you also can look at the new Super fi5, the seems to be better than the fi.5pro (they also are a bit cheaper)

Oct 20, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #6 of 9
I've owned the Atrios for a year and a half or so, and have really loved them. The feel of that bass inside your head is great - they're very enjoyable and relaxing to listen to.

Don't have experience with the SF5P though, so I suppose take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Oct 21, 2008 at 12:54 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by astroninja /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cool cool. seems like the build is good? considering 1.5 years and still going strong

yah the atrio is pretty hardy despite its plasticky look!
beerchug.gif

Oct 21, 2008 at 2:58 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by uberburger101 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A few pointers on the Atrio, don't be too quick to judge it.

This is so true. I have had mine for about a month now with about 50 hours of burn in, and they're finally starting to sound great. I was kind of disappointed right out of the box, but now I couldn't be happier with them. Getting the right sound was a combination of burn in, with finding the proper seal. The foamies are the best for getting a good seal, but the ones that futuresonics provides last for 3 weeks at the most. The huge atrio m5 thread has more details on foamie replacements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back