SF Bay Area little big MEET (it's happening!)
Sep 8, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #61 of 119
Eck. Can't make meets until after 10/1.

Sep 9, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #63 of 119
  Would love to, but it's my wife's birthday weekend and I'm actually off work that day...

Boo...will be in napa that weekend.

Eck. Can't make meets until after 10/1.

Aw, well... I hope you guys can make it to the next meet!

Confirmed I can bring the HD800 too. I'm also going to bring the new Valhalla 2 (in replacement of the JVC) to drive them.

Okay. That's great! I wanted to see how the HD800 will play out of my amp as well...

So some additions, guys:

I mentioned the Fostex HP-P1, and I'll also be bringing a Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium 600 Ohm to the meet.

Sep 10, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #64 of 119
Hi, I just joined Head-Fi (today) and live in the Bay Area. Can I still get in on this? My only gear is my Sony MDR-7520 and an Audioquest Dragonfly DAC. My music source is my laptop full of FLAC. (Hahaha)

Is this alright?

Sep 10, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #65 of 119
Hi, I just joined Head-Fi (today) and live in the Bay Area. Can I still get in on this? My only gear is my Sony MDR-7520 and an Audioquest Dragonfly DAC. My music source is my laptop full of FLAC. (Hahaha)

Is this alright?

I'd def love to compare my Meridian Explorer vs the Audioquest. My gut is the differences are marginal at best.

Sep 10, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #67 of 119
I will definitely try to come to this meet if I have time. My schedule for the 21st is a little up in the air at the moment, but if I do come I can bring my Shure SRH1540s, a DX50, and some IEMs if any one is interested.

This would be my first meet and an opportunity to listen to all those headphones is pretty exciting. 

Sep 10, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #69 of 119
I'm in, but I'm just gonna mooch and not bring my gear this time, or I might just bring something small like my MicroAmp system.

Sep 10, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #70 of 119
  @baronkatz Thank you for the clarification.  

This is a REAL Head-Fi meet.  Just like the good old days.  :)  What do you guys want me to bring?  I'll bring two or three systems.

Woo Audio amps:

- WA22

- WA2

- WA6

- WA6-SE

- WA7D+WA7tp

- WDS-1 reference DAC

Headphones:

- HiFiMan HE-560

- Beyer T1

- HD700

- HD650

- Grado PS500e

- Grado RS1e

I have to say that I am interested in the new RS1e (but only if you think they are different enough from the RS1i to be worth comparing).  If they are just a wood change with no sound, I don't need to hear them.

Sep 11, 2014 at 1:53 AM Post #71 of 119

Is this alright?

Yes. It is totally alright. You're on the list now, sir!

Glad to have you with us!

If you would like to see if the upgrade path is worth it, I do have the Fostex HP-P1 with me...

I will definitely try to come to this meet if I have time. My schedule for the 21st is a little up in the air at the moment, but if I do come I can bring my Shure SRH1540s, a DX50, and some IEMs if any one is interested.

This would be my first meet and an opportunity to listen to all those headphones is pretty exciting. 

Hope you can lock in on that date!

Would love to have as many folks with us as possible. The more the merrier!

All these Bay Area meets I'm missing. I need to move back to the Bay.

And you need to try your HE-500 on my own DIY amp, sir!

I'm in, but I'm just gonna mooch and not bring my gear this time, or I might just bring something small like my MicroAmp system.

Haha, I can see how lugging your stuffs around might be cumbersome.

Well, if you can bring something small to show off, I think it'll be great.

Sep 13, 2014 at 3:25 AM Post #73 of 119
Confirmed I can bring the HD800 too. I'm also going to bring the new Valhalla 2 (in replacement of the JVC) to drive them.

I'll bring Nordost Heimdall2 cable for you to try with your HD800.  :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back