Sexiest headphones.
Aug 1, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #152 of 190
I like the AKG K550's looks, but that's mainly because I greatly prefer things that are simple and solid looking.

That said, a nicely-done pair of wooden Grados are simply gorgeous.

Aug 1, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #155 of 190
Guys guys, I STILL think V-Moda makes the most stylish headphones aroudn these days.  The whole "endorse yourself" thing is awesome.  Anybody seen the ones with the 3D-Printed Steel ear-shields?  These, for example:

V-Moda apparently has hired a design-team from the actual, bona-fide Fashion Industruy over in Milan, Italy.  BADASS, guys.  And keep in mind with ANY of those designs, you can have them put your initials on there for ya.  You can also submit CUSTOM designs:

^^^^INSANITY!!!!^^^^^^

^^^^LOLOL^^^^^

Aug 1, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #156 of 190
Say what you will, @goodyfresh, but IMO I see V-Moda as hardly stylish. Their look is about as bad as Beats, personally. And to think, of all the designs a Milan-based design team could think up, this is what they had to offer. Being something supposedly from the home of haute couture, this is hardly haute couture.

I'm pretty sure with my statements you would now be challenging me to show you what kind of design is worthy of coming out of Milan. Well, here are a few examples:
B&O H6
B&W P5
Oppo PM series
Sennheiser Momentum

Now THAT is something I would find from the home of haute couture. Timeless. Elegant. Mature. All I see from V-Moda is a brute of a headphone riding on the coattails of Beats. Anything beyond their stock shields are just outright gaudy. It's just an eyesore IMO.

Oh, and not only that, they're also pretty meh as a company. Their headphones (before the XS) were only decent at best. Their supposed founder, Val Kolton, is a marketing puppet that thinks 3D-printed headphone shields are such a good idea he had to "keep himself from telling even his family members." Oh yeah, and don't get me started on their new IEM, the Zn. I'd love to quote what he said on them (which is basically a bold, underlined "The Zn is the best in-ear I've ever tried."), but I'm on mobile so I can't do so. But by now you can see how I look at V-Moda. Of course, that's all IMO, and I do respect your opinion, but hey, this is a "best-looking headphones" thread, so I guess we've all the right to argue about what headphone looks the absolute best.

Aug 1, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #157 of 190
Say what you will, @goodyfresh, but IMO I see V-Moda as hardly stylish. Their look is about as bad as Beats, personally. And to think, of all the designs a Milan-based design team could think up, this is what they had to offer. Being something supposedly from the home of haute couture, this is hardly haute couture.

I'm pretty sure with my statements you would now be challenging me to show you what kind of design is worthy of coming out of Milan. Well, here are a few examples:
B&O H6
B&W P5
Oppo PM series
Sennheiser Momentum

Now THAT is something I would find from the home of haute couture. Timeless. Elegant. Mature. All I see from V-Moda is a brute of a headphone riding on the coattails of Beats. Anything beyond their stock shields are just outright gaudy. It's just an eyesore IMO.

Oh, and not only that, they're also pretty meh as a company. Their headphones (before the XS) were only decent at best. Their supposed founder, Val Kolton, is a marketing puppet that thinks 3D-printed headphone shields are such a good idea he had to "keep himself from telling even his family members." Oh yeah, and don't get me started on their new IEM, the Zn. I'd love to quote what he said on them (which is basically a bold, underlined "The Zn is the best in-ear I've ever tried."), but I'm on mobile so I can't do so. But by now you can see how I look at V-Moda. Of course, that's all IMO, and I do respect your opinion, but hey, this is a "best-looking headphones" thread, so I guess we've all the right to argue about what headphone looks the absolute best.

Let's agree to disagree, because I don't want this to become some kind of flame-war.  People have different aesthetic tastes, and personally I very much like the look of V-Moda headphones.  I  also strongly disagree that they are ANYTHING like Beats headphones in appearance, I don't see how you could even begin to draw a comparison between headphones that are all metal and fabric, and headphones that are all plastic and synthetic materials.  In no way do I believe for a second tnat they are "riding on the coattails of Beats."  Not to mention, they sound MUCH better than Beats. . . I LOVE the sound of my V-Moda M-80s, anad plan to get the XS at some point in the future.  Keep in mind I've tried the Sennheiser Momentum On-Ears extensively before, a closed on-ear just like the M-80 from a company which is supposedly far more "audiophile-oriented" than V-Moda, and I did not like their sound as much as the M-80, it sounds more artifiicial and closed-in.  However, the LP and LP2 do sound like crap (so bloated and hollow, ugh) and the M-100 are certainly only decent, unfortunately, from everything I've heard about them from folks and whave I've seen of their frequency-response graphs.

And yes, true, Val Kolton is kind of a freaking tool in a lot of ways.  But I don't care because he has some very good ideas, as well, with how he created teh vision for his company.  One thing I LOVE is Kolton's and V-Moda's dedication to build-quality. . .one thing you can not deny is that V-Moda makes some of the STURDIEST headphones out there on the mainstream market.  They also have an obsessive level of dedication to certain aspects of the sound, such as driver-matching.

ANyway, in conclusion, like I said, we're going to have to agree to disagree so that this won't turn into some kind of typical internet flame-war, buddy.  I guess you and I just have very different tastes.

Aug 1, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #158 of 190
Let's agree to disagree, because I don't want this to become some kind of flame-war.  People have different aesthetic tastes, and personally I very much like the look of V-Moda headphones.  I  also strongly disagree that they are ANYTHING like Beats headphones in appearance, I don't see how you could even begin to draw a comparison between headphones that are all metal and fabric, and headphones that are all plastic and synthetic materials.  In no way do I believe for a second tnat they are "riding on the coattails of Beats."  Not to mention, they sound MUCH better than Beats. . . I LOVE the sound of my V-Moda M-80s, anad plan to get the XS at some point in the future.  Keep in mind I've tried the Sennheiser Momentum On-Ears extensively before, a closed on-ear just like the M-80 from a company which is supposedly far more "audiophile-oriented" than V-Moda, and I did not like their sound as much as the M-80, it sounds more artifiicial and closed-in.  However, the LP and LP2 do sound like crap (so bloated and hollow, ugh) and the M-100 are certainly only decent, unfortunately, from everything I've heard about them from folks and whave I've seen of their frequency-response graphs.

And yes, true, Val Kolton is kind of a freaking tool in a lot of ways.  But I don't care because he has some very good ideas, as well, with how he created teh vision for his company.  One thing I LOVE is Kolton's and V-Moda's dedication to build-quality. . .one thing you can not deny is that V-Moda makes some of the STURDIEST headphones out there on the mainstream market.  They also have an obsessive level of dedication to certain aspects of the sound, such as driver-matching.

ANyway, in conclusion, like I said, we're going to have to agree to disagree so that this won't turn into some kind of typical internet flame-war, buddy.  I guess you and I just have very different tastes.

You took this very, very well. Good on you, mate.
beerchug.gif

Aug 1, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #159 of 190
  You took this very, very well. Good on you, mate.
beerchug.gif

Meh, whatevs, lol.  Like I said, it's really not necessary for internet forums to devolve into flame-wars, ya know?  Especially over something as subjective as aesthetics, and what sound-signature people prefer, you know?

Aug 2, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #160 of 190
The V6 twins and the CD900ST are worth a mention, if utilitarian is your thing.

--------------------------------------------
The V6 twins.

The CD900ST.

Aug 2, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #161 of 190
The V6 twins and the CD900ST are worth a mention, if utilitarian is your thing.
The V6 twins.

The CD900ST.

I generally don't find headphones with big clunky plastic casings around the ear-pads/drivers that nice looking, but Sony, for some reason, always seems to be the exception for me in that regard :)

Aug 3, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #164 of 190
Ewww V-moda. Ugly. Shure 1840's get my pick.

I disagree strongly, but of course, people tend to have widely varying visual aesthetic tastes :p  Personally I think my V-Modas look amazing.  I have a friend back home in Baltimore who is a painter for a living, and I'm actually commissioning him to do a custom design for the earshields on my M-80s (as well as the XS I plan to eventually upgrade to)  for me to have V-Moda laser-engrave for me :p
  No love for the 1540? Those carbon fibre earcups look so freaking cool.

And yeah you guys are right, the Shure 1840 and 1540 do look super-cool, for sure.  My taste in appearances for devices tends to be very broad, as you can see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back