Setup is not doing well with shooters...
May 28, 2015 at 1:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

NoxNoctum

100+ Head-Fier
So my setup is PC > Gungnir > Schiit SYS > F1J > HE-6/LCD-2/3. I don't know what's going on but the positional audio is way off. Like all over the place. It happens in multiple games, and is most noticeable in shooters like CS:GO or Arma 3. I never had these issues with my cheap Senn HD595s... any ideas what I could be doing wrong? I mean I can just use the 595s for gaming I guess but it seems silly to have to downgrade for that. I feel like I must be doing something wrong, any ideas? I've already got the audio set to headphones in all the games.

I have the same issue if I try to use a different amp like the Master 10.

May 30, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #2 of 5
So my setup is PC > Gungnir > Schiit SYS > F1J > HE-6/LCD-2/3. I don't know what's going on but the positional audio is way off. Like all over the place. It happens in multiple games, and is most noticeable in shooters like CS:GO or Arma 3. I never had these issues with my cheap Senn HD595s... any ideas what I could be doing wrong? I mean I can just use the 595s for gaming I guess but it seems silly to have to downgrade for that. I feel like I must be doing something wrong, any ideas? I've already got the audio set to headphones in all the games.

I have the same issue if I try to use a different amp like the Master 10.

First make sure you have your left/right channel balance setup correctly. Next, make sure you have no additional headphone/surround virtualization checked on via windows. You pretty much want a stereo line out.

From within CS:Go in your audio preference make sure headphones is set as an output.

From a pure sound signature perspective, I can't see the difference between a 595 and an LCD2 throwing you off drastically. I went from a Denon Ah-d600, to hd650 to an Lcd2, and localization is better.

Jun 24, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #3 of 5
First make sure you have your left/right channel balance setup correctly. Next, make sure you have no additional headphone/surround virtualization checked on via windows. You pretty much want a stereo line out.

From within CS:Go in your audio preference make sure headphones is set as an output.

From a pure sound signature perspective, I can't see the difference between a 595 and an LCD2 throwing you off drastically. I went from a Denon Ah-d600, to hd650 to an Lcd2, and localization is better.

Ok so it seems that this only happens with my F1J, not my Schiit Lyr, so I'm guessing my PC settings are all good. What could be causing the problem? F1J is a speaker amp could that have something to do with it?

Jun 24, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #4 of 5
  Ok so it seems that this only happens with my F1J, not my Schiit Lyr, so I'm guessing my PC settings are all good. What could be causing the problem? F1J is a speaker amp could that have something to do with it?

Sounds like you have isolated the issue.Try turning your volume and channel knobs, just to see if it is a poor connection. Sounds like you have a solid setup even without the F1J.

Jun 27, 2015 at 4:20 AM Post #5 of 5
  Sounds like you have isolated the issue.Try turning your volume and channel knobs, just to see if it is a poor connection. Sounds like you have a solid setup even without the F1J.

Ok --- mystery solved: I had the left and right channels mixed up with the banana plugs 
tongue.gif
. It's funny because I remember doing a left/right channel test early on and everything was as it should be but I must have done it on the Lyr while I was still thinking it was a headphone issue. It seemed to me that it was not a simple L/R reversal as the sound seemed to be all over the place, but turns out, that's indeed what it was.

Just glad I mixed up the left/right rather than positive/negative 
blink.gif

Thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back