SET headphone amps
Sep 1, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #2 of 11
Bottlehead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 2, 2016 at 6:30 AM Post #3 of 11
I have this one
http://www.halgorythme.com/bloc_stereo_se_300b_6w.html
highly pesonalized (EML Mesh tubes, pure triode-only 2 stages design with a NOS G&C CV1067 driver per channel and LC coupling, rectifier Mullard GZ33, specific output transformers with 32/50/150/600 taps)

it is by far the best ampli I have ever used with my HEK and my HE6

Sep 2, 2016 at 10:39 AM Post #7 of 11
Yes, Cedric is very responsive. The jack is in the rear to have the shortest path but everything is configurable so you may ask to have it in the front.

this is my actual amplifier:

Sep 2, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #8 of 11
Looks like a nice piece of gear. Rear jack is fine really. Could you snap a photo of the rear panel when you get a chance? Does it have speaker outputs too?

Is it a true SET?

Does he put a warranty on it?

Are you in the US? I'm wondering if he does 120v.

Sep 2, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #9 of 11
no speaker taps on mine, but you can ask for them (but you will have to ask also for an 8/4 ohm tap on the output transf)

true SET, and also a true dual stage triode. one single triode as driver tube, one single triode as output tube.

I'm in EU, so 230v, but I think there will be no prob in having a 120v power transf

and finally, yes there is a warranty of 2Y (Halgorythme is actually a standard EU legal company, SIRET n° 519.289.490)
http://www.halgorythme.com/conseils_dutilisation.html

Sep 2, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #10 of 11
Thanks for the info. I've got an email into him. It looks like he has a 45 tube headphone amp which is a tube that is supposed to sound amazing. No real reviews online but I guess that's to be expected from a small operation. Did you hear it before you placed your order?

Oh and I wonder if a 45 tube amp is enough juice for my LCD-3s. I do listen at low volume.

Sep 2, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #11 of 11
yes, I have listened to the ampli in a friend's setup before buying, but I appreciate will be nearly impossible in the US......  there are some reviews, but almost all in french..... try googling, you should find something also in english ......

be aware that every Halgo ampli has its own sound sig. the 45 is a very relaxed and smooth ampli, also very simplified in terms of circuit design, while the 300B is more complex, with a much snappier and faster sound....  Cedric is also working on a 2A3 headphone ampli, based on the 300B design, could be your cup of tea with the LCD3
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back