ServinginEcuador appreciation thread
Apr 2, 2004 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

PinkFloyd

Headphoneus Supremus
Not to jump in on the "appreciation thread" here but I think there is one man on Head-Fi that "truly" deserves appreciation / recognition and respect for the fantastic work he does in Ecuador and the contribution he has made to Head-Fi.

When I first joined Head-Fi there was one nickname that always responded to my posts namely..... "ServinginEcuador" I won't go into specific detail as I'm sure everyone here is aware of the absolutely sterling job Doug does as a missionary and the help and valued information he gives to Head-Fiers old and new.

My first impression of Head-Fi a couple of years ago was "that ServinginEcuador guy is one seriously good bloke" 2 years later and my opinion remains the same but even more so.

Doug, to me, is the type of person I would like to model myself on (I wish I had the same ability to be as consistent and unbiased in my posts) but it would take me many years of hard work to get anywhere close to his inherent ability to be the natural Gentleman he is.

Whether fair weather or inclement weather Doug remains constant, as far as I'm concerned he's head-fi's best friend as his good nature prevails in all weathers.

A true Gentleman who not only weathers the storms......... he also brings about sunny days.

Ladies and gentleman I bow my cap to Doug.

Sincerely

Mike (AKA Pinkie)

Apr 2, 2004 at 9:55 PM Post #2 of 25
SIE, is and will remain, the man.

and i mean that in the good way. not "the man" as in the white oppressor. but you know, as in the the guy that we all respect.

yeah...
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 2, 2004 at 10:03 PM Post #3 of 25
Agreed.

I look forward to reading more of your articles, Doug. Keep up the good work!

Apr 2, 2004 at 10:55 PM Post #6 of 25
Thanks for all the insight Doug.
wink.gif

Apr 2, 2004 at 10:56 PM Post #7 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr.PD
This is an appreciation thread for who?

ServinginEcuador, that's not a name. That's an occupation or something.

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Hi Doug.

Doug.

Apr 3, 2004 at 12:07 AM Post #9 of 25
Beware of Doug ... yes thats him ...

Apr 3, 2004 at 12:32 AM Post #11 of 25
Doug was recommended to me by Wayne McManus (wmcmanus) when I had a problem with a bunch of tubes that I couldnt ID.

Doug stood me through the thread and was incredibly nice to a n00b like me with zero knowledge about tube audio...All I know about tubes is - they sound awesome
smily_headphones1.gif

So he is still there giving me a hand...if I have any problem...i'll know whom to ask
cool.gif

(OK - now he is gonna add me to his ignore list
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

Apr 3, 2004 at 1:01 AM Post #12 of 25
Could I get on this bandwagon?

You get to know a lot about people by how andwhat they post.

SIE has been one of the most consistently kind people I've observed on this board. His encouragement, sympathy, and concern for others serve as both example and inspiration.

That he combines these personal attributes with a solid knowledge of headphone hi-fi and a willingness to share it is really frosting on the cake.
biggrin.gif

BW

Apr 3, 2004 at 7:41 AM Post #14 of 25
Dougie's the man!

Apr 3, 2004 at 8:05 AM Post #15 of 25
What a great thread, Pinkie. This sort of recognition for Doug is long overdue, of course, and he will graciously accept our thanks while finding a way to be humble about it, of course - but yes, he is indeed a special person.

There are many others at head-fi who deserve our thanks for giving so tirelessly to the community - Jude, JMT, Hirsch and all the mods, not to mention the guys who take the time, effort and expense to organize meets... but still, Doug stands out. He and I have been corresponding via email and PM on a daily basis for some time now and I've come to know him as a true friend and a man of remarkable character. Believe it or not, his wife is just as nice! Thanks for all of your welcome advice, Doug - headphone and otherwise - mostly otherwise. I'm looking forward to my Ecuador trip this fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back