Seriously Thinking About 595s
Oct 22, 2008 at 4:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Inkmo

1000+ Head-Fier
A friend's coworker is wanting to sell his Sennheiser 595. Apparently they are a year old, barely used, and still have all the stuff. Seriously, I need a new pair of mid range open back non portable cans like I need a hole in the head (I already have an ATH AD900 which I love), but the price I'm being offered is too nice to pass up -- and hey I love my HD201 so why not check these Senn guys out?

I thought to ask for as many things as I could. Does it still have the stand? What condition is it in? Does it work? Audition? Is there anything I'm missing? Are there any typical problems the 595 has that might cause someone to try and unload them on an unsuspecting buyer? The only thing I can think of would be channel imbalance, but something with that high an MSRP shouldn't have problems like that (I can't tell you how many $20 to $50 headphones I've owned with noticeable channel imbalances... well, about half the ones I've bought).

Other than that, any other thoughts? I know the 595 is old news around these parts...

EDIT: Oh yeah the question that was really on my mind! What happens to the 2 year factory warranty if the headphones switch hands?

Oct 22, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #2 of 8
oh dag. and now that I've seen that the DT770 is going for about as much on amazon as I'm being offered these, I'm at an impasse. A pair of good mid range closed headphones are something I could use .. though I kinda want them for portable...

Oct 22, 2008 at 5:03 PM Post #3 of 8
You could buy the one you could use or buy both and return to Amazon the Beyers if they lose or sell the Senns if they do. Doubt you'd lose much money here.
wink.gif

Oct 22, 2008 at 6:01 PM Post #4 of 8
... yeah, but I have a little problem where I will probably end up keeping them both. That's how I do...
frown.gif

But you're right, these are cheap enough that I don't stand to lose a lot if I decide to sell them here.

Oct 22, 2008 at 7:19 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inkmo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A friend's coworker is wanting to sell his Sennheiser 595. Apparently they are a year old, barely used, and still have all the stuff. Seriously, I need a new pair of mid range open back non portable cans like I need a hole in the head (I already have an ATH AD900 which I love), but the price I'm being offered is too nice to pass up -- and hey I love my HD201 so why not check these Senn guys out?

I thought to ask for as many things as I could. Does it still have the stand? What condition is it in? Does it work? Audition? Is there anything I'm missing? Are there any typical problems the 595 has that might cause someone to try and unload them on an unsuspecting buyer? The only thing I can think of would be channel imbalance, but something with that high an MSRP shouldn't have problems like that (I can't tell you how many $20 to $50 headphones I've owned with noticeable channel imbalances... well, about half the ones I've bought).

Other than that, any other thoughts? I know the 595 is old news around these parts...

EDIT: Oh yeah the question that was really on my mind! What happens to the 2 year factory warranty if the headphones switch hands?

I love the 595s. They are seriously the most comfortable cans I have ever worn. They have a pretty laid-back sound, like most of the senns, but they also really surprise me sometimes. Basically, they vary a lot based on music but are always awesome. I would definitely spring for them for cheap.

As far as the warranty, I'm not really sure. I know that the 595 doesn't have too many durability issues. I've had mine for almost a year and a half, and they have been kind of beaten up and come out fine. I'm in college, so ppl borrow them, I have dropped them and they've fallen off my desk... no problems. (not that I would ever let that happen to any of my other phones
icon10.gif
) Great phones and good buy.

Oct 22, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #6 of 8
don't do it if you already got AD900, IMO

Oct 22, 2008 at 8:40 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the 595s. They are seriously the most comfortable cans I have ever worn. They have a pretty laid-back sound, like most of the senns, but they also really surprise me sometimes.

they can surprise you yes. i love them for simply 'being better'. but i was in the staff canteen this morning 'testing them out' with my player & the music had some mall sounds overdubbing in it. well, i spun round to see where the noise was coming from / where these people were that i was hearing. but it was just me & my cup of tea!

Oct 23, 2008 at 4:25 AM Post #8 of 8
I believe Sennheiser will honour the warranty if you have the original receipt, but I could be mistaken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back