September 27 Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley mini-meet
Jun 25, 2014 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 90

bpeng

Member of the Trade: Brilliant Zen Audio
This might have to be postponed due to the heat wave. Stay tuned.
Update on Sept 20--no problem! Heat wave will be gone!

There will be another mini-meet on September 27 .(unless postponed due to heat wave)

The time will be 10 AM (important to start on time so we can finish before the house gets too hot).

My address is 8418 Oso Ave., Winnetka, 91306. There is plenty of street parking.

If you are bringing a latpop/amp/DAC, please bring a power strip and/or extension cord.

If people want to bring their systems, I have space to set up for about six people. If this is like the last meet, I expect to have all price ranges represented from introductory to high-end.

My own system has the Bravissimo headphone amplifier and the Audeze LCD-2 headphone.

Mike

Jun 27, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #3 of 90
The 19th could work for me. But family life might intrude.

Jun 27, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #4 of 90
I might make it down for an hour or two, schedule allowing. My setup is largely similar to Mike's, so there's no point in bringing anything other than my Denon 7000s. If someone has a good portable source/amp (other than a standard iphone) to drive IEMs, I'd be interested in hearing it.

Jun 27, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #5 of 90
  I might make it down for an hour or two, schedule allowing. My setup is largely similar to Mike's, so there's no point in bringing anything other than my Denon 7000s. If someone has a good portable source/amp (other than a standard iphone) to drive IEMs, I'd be interested in hearing it.

HI Paul,
Cool, glad you might be able to come.

You are welcome to bring your stuff. My modded WA6SE doesn't sound very much like the stock one, so that would make an interesting comparison for people. I have never heard the Bifrost and would like to. The Bifrost should be pretty easy to bring, right?

Thanks,
Mike

Jul 4, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #8 of 90
I'm sure there are plenty of people interested within easy driving distance of the Valley interested in sharing a day of headphone listening.

Jul 6, 2014 at 5:29 AM Post #10 of 90
Update-- I'm moving the date to the 26th to avoid conflicting with the San Francisco show and give more time for some gear I ordered to arrive. Please let me know if this affects your plans.
Mike

Jul 9, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #12 of 90
Most likely I will be available to come over and listen to some tunes with you guys. I'll be able to bring:

Sennheiser HD600
Audio Technica ATH-A900
Etymotic ER4
Tascam TH02 (modded)

AMB CKKIII amplifier
AMB gamma2 DAC (USB only)
ECP Audio Torpedo amplifier (with different toobs)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back