September 10th, 2016: Arizona Head-Fi Meet Q3 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 9, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #121 of 148
  It'll be nice to hear the Lyr 2 with the LISST. The Marantz 2215 would be nice to have there for comparison to the vintage Pioneer which will also be present!

EDIT: I have another question to ask of the attendees- do we have any savvy (or semi-savvy or quasi-savvy) photographer persons willing to take photos? Not completely neccessary, but always cool nontheless. 

Noted, that's a good point with comparison to the Pioneer. I'll bring it along.

Wow. A Dyna PAT-4. That was the very first kit I built back in '74, along with a Stereo 400. It's all Dynaco's fault that I'm in this DIY nonsense today.
cool.gif

I'm going to bring a case of water, as well as my two quad outlet boxes. Does anyone have nametags covered?

I have it paired with a Stereo 120. The golden age of DIY kits like these neat pieces of equipment was before my time, but how well they've stood up to the test of time says a lot. I think the front output jack has a 600 ohm output impedance, so it would be interesting to try with some high impedance headphones.

Sep 10, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #124 of 148
^^^ Looking good! ^^^

I have everything boxed up and ready to load in the car. I am hoping my tinnitus is behaving for the meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back