September 10th, 2016: Arizona Head-Fi Meet Q3 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #106 of 148
Enough folks have replied; guess I'm coming. Bringing stuff. How do you guys handle the music part? Do you let folks with thumb drives put them in your laptops or do you just play what you have on yer computers? To me, it seems a little dangerous to let a stranger put a thumb drive in your computer so they can listen to their fav stuff. Just don't want to catch any bugs while I'm there; I can create enough of those on my own. Perhaps I will just bring a wide array of music that I like and hopefully that will be enough. I listen to mostly jazz but some classical, blues and funk. Sorry heavy metal & hip hop fans; can't help you. Are there any audiophile country fans? Naa, didn't think so.

So I guess the question is how do you handle all of this? Consider me just a newbie asking questions.

Oh yeah, one other thing... I don't mind giving up an entire day to do this. Sounds like fun. What time does set up start or is it basically when the doors open at 9am?

Sep 4, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #107 of 148
Some members like to place their favorite music on a thumb drive. Viruses and Trojan Horses propagate all the time and may go undetected by antivirus software. My preference is to not take a chance although a scenario of hosting undetected malware is unlikely.

Sep 4, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #108 of 148
Speaking for myself, I leave my jRiver screen up for folks to pick through. This time, I'm also going to have Tidal HiFi available, which of course
will give everyone a lot more options. 

The doors open at 9, so that's when we start setting up. There will be two adjacent rooms, at the end of a short, dead end hallway.
The only 'civilian' traffic we get is to the restrooms which are right across the hall.

Sep 7, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #111 of 148
  Does the the library have "ok" internet? I'll be buying a Tidal HiFi subscription for the meet.

From what I have seen at previous meets, the library has perfectly adequate wifi to support multiple music streaming devices. I don't recall that anyone has experienced any network-side issues.

Only two and a half days left guys! 

Sep 8, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #114 of 148
Looking forward to seeing everyone! Besides our amplifier gear and accessories, I will also have on hand:
- TXH00
- TXH00PH
- HD650
- 7XX
- Lightly modded original ATH M50's
- DBV3 modded T50RP's

Sep 8, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #115 of 148
Ok, put me down as coming. I'm not sure I'll be able to attend for the full duration of the meet, but I'll certainly be making an appearance. I'll be bringing along the previously mentioned Lyr 2 (stock tube and LISST) amp and stock Fostex T50RP MK3 headphones. If there is enough interest in either one, I'd also be willing to bring along a vintage Marantz 2215 receiver or a Dynaco PAT-4 preamp.

Especially looking forward to trying the various modded T50RP that will be present and talking to their owners to help me get an idea of what I'm going to do with my pair. After looking over Garage1217's website, I'm also very intrigued with some of their amplifier kit offerings. Don't see many kits on the market in 2016!

Sep 8, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #116 of 148
  Ok, put me down as coming. I'm not sure I'll be able to attend for the full duration of the meet, but I'll certainly be making an appearance. I'll be bringing along the previously mentioned Lyr 2 (stock tube and LISST) amp and stock Fostex T50RP MK3 headphones. If there is enough interest in either one, I'd also be willing to bring along a vintage Marantz 2215 receiver or a Dynaco PAT-4 preamp.

Especially looking forward to trying the various modded T50RP that will be present and talking to their owners to help me get an idea of what I'm going to do with my pair. After looking over Garage1217's website, I'm also very intrigued with some of their amplifier kit offerings. Don't see many kits on the market in 2016!

It'll be nice to hear the Lyr 2 with the LISST. The Marantz 2215 would be nice to have there for comparison to the vintage Pioneer which will also be present!

EDIT: I have another question to ask of the attendees- do we have any savvy (or semi-savvy or quasi-savvy) photographer persons willing to take photos? Not completely neccessary, but always cool nontheless. 

Sep 8, 2016 at 9:35 PM Post #118 of 148

Wow. A Dyna PAT-4. That was the very first kit I built back in '74, along with a Stereo 400. It's all Dynaco's fault that I'm in this DIY nonsense today. :cool:

I'm going to bring a case of water, as well as my two quad outlet boxes. Does anyone have nametags covered?

Sep 8, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #119 of 148
Wow. A Dyna PAT-4. That was the very first kit I built back in '74, along with a Stereo 400. It's all Dynaco's fault that I'm in this DIY nonsense today. :cool:

I'm going to bring a case of water, as well as my two quad outlet boxes. Does anyone have nametags covered?

I still have oodles of nametags from the last few meets, so I'll bring those!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back