September 10th, 2016: Arizona Head-Fi Meet Q3 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 29, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #93 of 148
Another small announcement: The brand new Schiit Jotunheim (amp only) will be at the meet for anyone interested in hearing it; I just ordered it for my own setup! Unfortunately I am selling my Audio-GD Phoenix, which the Jotunheim will be replacing, but one must understand how these things go (money and all that jazz)...

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #95 of 148
Kool. I've been wondering how it sounds. Will it have the DAC module?
I'm curious to compare the built in DAC to my Yggy to hear how it scales.

Unfortunately, nah, it's the amp-only model. I didn't see myself ever using the DAC section in the future; it would've only been a temporary thing. Instead, I elected to go with a used Emotiva Stealth DC-1 again (a device I have owned previously, but sold the first time around to make a small profit, as prices skyrocketed for a month or so). In any case, the goal was to avoid Sabres (shiny metallic sound) and Burr-Browns (scratchy metallic sound).

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #96 of 148
Another small announcement: The brand new Schiit Jotunheim (amp only) will be at the meet for anyone interested in hearing it; I just ordered it for my own setup! Unfortunately I am selling my Audio-GD Phoenix, which the Jotunheim will be replacing, but one must understand how these things go (money and all that jazz)...

Cool! I look forward to checking it out.

Sep 2, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #98 of 148
More update stuffs: Meze Headphones will be sending us a demo pair of their 99 Classics headphones for the meet!

In addition, I've decided to bring another interesting bit of kit from my own collection... a pair of vintage-ish VTL Compact 100 monoblock tube amplifiers, which will be run into a Robinette Box headphone adapter. Unbelievable sound with the HD800 or similar, or any planar-magnetic headphone!

Sep 3, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #99 of 148
Don't put it on the list just now because I can't yet commit to being there, but I certainly intend to at least come by. If I do make it, I'll bring along my Schiit Lyr 2 amplifier (with stock tubes, have LISST as well but ability to swap will be limited). I'll also bring my entirely stock Fostex T50RP MK3's.

New to the community, just learning my way around headphone audio after years of listening strictly on speakers. This site is an incredible resource.

Sep 3, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #100 of 148
Hello -

I am in Maricopa and am thinking about going to this.  How close is the parking to the building and how safe is it to bring the equipment?  About everything I have is not listed on the equipment list. I have Beyerdynamic T1 v.2 cans (also have Grado RS1), Woo Audio WA6-SE with the 'mighty 596' rectifier, Wyred4Sound DAC-1SE with the Recovery USB reclocker.  A little different to be sure.  I just need to know that I'd be okay (safe) bringing this stuff to play with.  Anyone there want to give me a gentle push?

Sep 3, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #101 of 148
How about a big shove? 
biggrin.gif
 The parking lot is right in the front. We've had three meets at this location without a problem. 

Maybe it's because we're such a surly looking bunch. 
wink_face.gif

Sep 4, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #103 of 148
With the big tubes we've had in that place before, I'm sure anything will be fine. We've all carried gear from the far end of the parking lot to the meeting rooms before, and the most threatening thing I bet we've experienced is confused looks :rolleyes:

EDIT: LESS THAN A WEEK UNTIL THE MEET

Sep 4, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #104 of 148
Hello -

I am in Maricopa and am thinking about going to this.  How close is the parking to the building and how safe is it to bring the equipment?  About everything I have is not listed on the equipment list. I have Beyerdynamic T1 v.2 cans (also have Grado RS1), Woo Audio WA6-SE with the 'mighty 596' rectifier, Wyred4Sound DAC-1SE with the Recovery USB reclocker.  A little different to be sure.  I just need to know that I'd be okay (safe) bringing this stuff to play with.  Anyone there want to give me a gentle push?

It is pretty safe and we all help each other watch over our gear. I brought about 3k worth of gear without an issue last year.

Sep 4, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #105 of 148
Plus, it's Arizona. All the thieves are are in their 90's and you can always jog to catch up to their golf carts as they try to get away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back