September 10th, 2016: Arizona Head-Fi Meet Q3 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #47 of 148
Harmon has  much easier access for sure. We just need to make sure that we get the larger room, although I'm not so sure that the
Harmon staff pays much attention to their reservations. One year the guys reserved the larger room, but the staff went ahead and
used it for something else, so we had to take the smaller one. 

Jul 8, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #48 of 148
  Harmon has  much easier access for sure. We just need to make sure that we get the larger room, although I'm not so sure that the
Harmon staff pays much attention to their reservations. One year the guys reserved the larger room, but the staff went ahead and
used it for something else, so we had to take the smaller one. 

Yikes! I suggest coming the day before and posting a sign saying "Room Reserved <Date>, do not use"

Jul 14, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #51 of 148
Me too!!! I went to the Phx Meet last year. It was my first ever. I was a eye opener which I enjoyed immensely.

P.S.- This is my 500th Post!!!

Jul 15, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #53 of 148
Well, I guess I have been missing for few years already.
Will be very interested to attend.
Can I just pay the share and come to listen?
As most of my gears are old and none interesting, I will save ourselves with rooms for more interesting stuff.

Jul 15, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #54 of 148
Well, I guess I have been missing for few years already.
Will be very interested to attend.
Can I just pay the share and come to listen?
As most of my gears are old and none interesting, I will save ourselves with rooms for more interesting stuff.

By all means, show up and just enjoy the music- no gear necessary! We've been pretty reasonably packed the last couple meets. No doubt there will be plenty of interesting equipment to go around. In just a couple days, the library should be able to let us reserve the room(s)- stay tuned!

Jul 15, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #55 of 148
I 'spose we should list what we're bringing. I'll start.

Eddie Current Balancing Act amp with EML Mesh 300B's
Schiit Audio Yggdrasil DAC
Uptone Audio Regen w/AMB Sigma 11 power supply
M2 Tech HiFace Evo USB to S/PDIF converter
DIY cables w/Cardas cabling
HD800's w/Sorrodje resonator mod and rug liner mod and DIY Cardas cable
Mod'ed T50RP 'Plastic Pantz'
PS Audio Power Plant Premier
Schiit Fulla
Shure SE215 IEM's

Still debating whether to bring my vinyl setup.

Jul 15, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #56 of 148
I apologize, but has a date been set yet? I may come from NM, and might try to do a long weekend in Sedona as part of the trip. 

Jul 15, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #57 of 148
I 'spose we should list what we're bringing. I'll start.

Eddie Current Balancing Act amp with EML Mesh 300B's
Schiit Audio Yggdrasil DAC
Uptone Audio Regen w/AMB Sigma 11 power supply
M2 Tech HiFace Evo USB to S/PDIF converter
DIY cables w/Cardas cabling
HD800's w/Sorrodje resonator mod and SBAF rug liner mod and DIY Cardas cable
Mod'ed T50RP 'Plastic Pantz'
PS Audio Power Plant Premier

Still debating whether to bring my vinyl setup.

I don't think my wallet can handle falling in love with vinyl!! Hahaha I absolutely am floored by your set-up though @funch

Jul 15, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #58 of 148
I apologize, but has a date been set yet? I may come from NM, and might try to do a long weekend in Sedona as part of the trip. 

It is almost certainly going to be either September 17th, or if not then September 24th. Neither library will let us place a reserve on a room more than a few months in advance, so on the 17th of this month (in a couple days), we should be able to reserve the 17th of September. I imagine it'll not be a problem, since we'll be contacting them on the day those dates come available.

As for gear, it looks like my setup will be this (yes, lots of buying and selling and trading going on! What an addiction this hobby is):

Gustard U12 audio interface (I2s output)
Wyred4Sound DAC2 (vanilla, non DSD)
AudioGD Phoenix headphone amp/preamp
Sennheiser HD800 (balanced funch-made Cardas cable, tweaked carpet mod)
'Coolpants' modded Fostex T50RP (updated, funch balanced Canare cable)
Murano Audio P-200S class-D IcePower monoblocks > Grommes HA-600 (modded into Robinette Box by funch)

I'll likely have some variety of basic power components before the meet, probably from Emotiva (because affordable!).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back