September 10th, 2016: Arizona Head-Fi Meet Q3 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2016 at 4:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 148

Coolzo

500+ Head-Fier
Quote:
The meet will be from 9:00AM to 4:00PM in meeting room A and meeting room B on the first floor of the Burton Barr Central Library in Phoenix, Arizona on Saturday, September 10th 2016. Food and drink will be allowed, and there will be no entry fee of course! Further details TBA, stay tuned!

This year there will once again be a raffle! Tickets are currently set at $10 each - BzzzzzT has provided several hand-made, wooden dual-headphone stands which will be raffled off. See the picture below for an idea! Additional prizes include T-shirts from local hifi audio shop Audio-Video Choices, and potentially others. 

Garage1217 will once again be attending with their line of DIY kit tube and solid state headphone amplifiers!

Gear that will FOR SURE be present at this meet:
(in no super particular order)

Cans:
Several pairs of Sennheiser HD800 (balanced and single-ended available, fully modded and unmodded, and everything in between)
Sennheiser HD600 (stock or  Audeze pad mod)
Sennheiser HD650
Beyerdynamic T1 v2
Beyerdynamic DT48E (25 ohm)
AKG K7XX
Fostex T50RP v2/v3 "Coolpants" Mod by Coolzo (channel imbalance still, ehhhh >.<) 
Fostex T50RP v2 "Plasticpantz" Mod by Funch
Fostex T50RP v2 (DBv3 mods)
Fostex T50RP v3 (stock)
ModHouseAudio Argon (Fostex T50RP mod)
Fostex TH-X00 (Mahogany and Purpleheart)
Denon D7000 (J$ pads)
Audio-Technica MSR7
Audio-Technica M50 (lightly modded)
Phillips Fidelio L2
Sony MDR 7506
Meze Audio 99 Classics
Monoprice 9927
Audeze LCD-1
Grado RS1
Alessandro MS1

Amps:                                                                         
Most (if not all) of the Garage1217 amp lineup          
Eddie Current Balancing Act w/ EML Mesh 300B tubes (x2)
Schiit Asgard 2
Schiit Jotunheim (amp only)
Schiit Lyr 2 (stock tubes or LISST)
Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon
Woo Audio WA6 (various mods)
Woo Audio WA6-SE w/ "mighty 596" rectifier
VTL Compact 100 monoblocks > Robinette Box
Pioneer SX-1050 (vintage receiver)
Violectric V281

Dacs:
Schiit Yggdrasil w/ Uptone Audio Regen + Sigma11 LPSU and M2Tech Hifiace USB/SPDIF convertor
Schiit Grungnir Multibit
Schiit Modi 2 Uber
Wyred4Sound DAC-1SE w/ Recovery USB reclocker
PS Audio DLIII w/ Cullen IV Mods
Emotiva Stealth DC-1 w/ Gustard U12 audio interface
Meier StageDAC
Abbas Audio DAC 0.1 (a Ukrainian-made DAC with a very interesting discrete design! NOS R2R, tube clock, tube output)
Violectric V850

DacAmps and DAPs:
Schiit Fulla
JDS Labs Objective2 DACamp
Centrance HiFi-M8
Sony Xperia Z3 Smartphone

IEMS:
Shure SE215
Etymotic Ety Kids 5
Yamaha EPH-100
Fidue A83

Post your gear!

Jun 13, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #2 of 148
Subd. Works for me!

Jun 14, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #7 of 148
Still a long ways off, but I. I might attend. Anyone got an extra bed? I'd probably come the night before and leave the day of

Jun 14, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #9 of 148
Please bring the EC Balancing Act. Put in a a dark corner away from everyone so I can sit and listen to a few albums uninterrupted. That thing is pure magic.

It's even better now. After one of my PX4 tubes croaked, I replaced them with EML 300B Mesh. I like them even better than the PX4's.

Balderon also has a BA, with the EML's. We both use the same input tube as well, so you have two to choose from. 

Jun 15, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #11 of 148
Since the two smaller rooms that we used last time are side by side, and cheaper, I think they would be the way to go. Being on the first floor is a bonus. With two smaller rooms, IMHO it's easier
to keep an eye on things as well.

It's too bad they closed off the west side entrance. That was very convenient at the first meet we had there.

Jun 17, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #12 of 148
It's too bad they closed off the west side entrance. That was very convenient at the first meet we had there.

It definitely was, I could ask when we go to make reservations if opening that entrance could be a possibility. 

Anyways, looking forward to seeing everyone again. I'm hoping temps cool down by September. It's supposed to be 120F this Sunday and Monday, so I'm already not much looking forward to the summer weather.

Jun 17, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #14 of 148
  So, for dates it looks like we got September 10th, 17th, or 24th as our options (Granted, we still have to see which days the library has available!). Anyway, which of these dates look to work the best for everyone?

Whichever is cooler :)

All are OK for me.

Jun 17, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #15 of 148
  It definitely was, I could ask when we go to make reservations if opening that entrance could be a possibility. 

The entrance has been completely rebuilt, so there is no door there. You would need a big glass cutter to get in now. 
eek.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back