separations of custom iem's from universal
Oct 20, 2008 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

hockeyb213

BANNED: BAD TRADER
I think we should have different forum sections for custom and universal iem's since they really are a different market and it would make it easier to see what your looking into in terms of relevance

Oct 20, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #3 of 15
/me think we already have enough sub-forums.

Or else we would need even one for earbuds, and one for portable headphones (those with a headband). Meaning four (4) vs. the current one (1) sub-forum.

Oct 20, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #4 of 15
100% nay

They are both IEM's and I like to see comparisons of SQ between all IEMs .

I think it is entirely appropriate to compare UE Trips to Livewires in terms of SQ, for example

Oct 20, 2008 at 8:29 PM Post #5 of 15
I agree with krmathis ... it's just gets ridiculous if you keep dividing sections into sub-sections.

How long would it be before someone says there should be separate forums with single driver customs, dual driver customs, triple driver customs ... etc?

Or breaking up the universal sub forums so that SE530s and Triple.Fis aren't in the same forums as Senn CX300s

... I think the portable earphones forum is fine as it is.

Oct 20, 2008 at 10:13 PM Post #7 of 15
I think we should have a sub-forum for my gear and the stuff that I might want to buy someday. It would be difficult to monitor, so I would have to do it.

Oct 21, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
/me think we already have enough sub-forums.

/me thinky that same thingy
biggrin.gif

Oct 23, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #10 of 15
I wonder how many custom IEMs today in order to open a new sub-forum?

If we open a new custom sub-forum, then there'll be another poll about dividing the Full-size forum into Dynamic and Electrostats.

Nov 11, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #11 of 15
oh, it was on the left-side poll-panel and I thought it was a positivity poll
tongue.gif

maybe seperate forum for iem/earphones and one for portable headphone but no need for further separation. (or just put the esw10 back where it belongs)

Nov 11, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
/me thinky that same thingy
biggrin.gif

/me too!

Custom does not equates to be better than universal too imo.

Nov 11, 2008 at 6:40 PM Post #13 of 15
no way!!, use the search function its actually a pretty decent search on head-fi; and there are other ways to find what you want other than randomly opening threads. there's too much cross information between them anyway. how about custom tips what would those poor outcasts do then
tongue.gif
they wouldn't know where they belonged

Nov 13, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #15 of 15
I think we should have a sub forum just for phone amp combos, like a UE TF and pico, and LW and cmoy, and a ibuds, and single power extreme... how about it who's with me. FREEDOM!!!!! *charges of to slay the dragon*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back