Senn's HD 595's arrived!!!!!!!!!
Jul 6, 2007 at 5:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

RogerB

100+ Head-Fier
My 595's arrived yesterday and I spent all last night listening to them and beginning the burn in!!!

These things are beautiful headphones and I could not believe how comfortable they are! Of course, I've been enjoying my sr 80's for the past 8 months so it was really nice to put on some cans that are really comfortable.

They sounded great right out of the box but are getting better and better after 10 hours of burn in. My first impression was how good the bass sounded. I wasn't sure what to expect after reading the comments on this forum. I found it to be tight and perfect for my taste.

I listened to a wide variey of music on them and everything sounded absolutely awesome!!! I listened to:

Beethovens 5th Symphony/Kleiber
Alison Krauss & US - Lonely Runs Both Ways
BB King - Completely Well
Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue
Rolling Stones - Tattoo You

Again, all these styles of music sounded fantastic to my ears. The bass really thumped on the blues of BB King. Alison's vocals were so beautiful! Beethoven's 5th was an especially nice treat!!! The soundstage of these cans is so much larger than the sr 80's that classical music is especially awesome!!!!

Well, I'm like a kid at Christmas and I'm starting to ramble so just let me end this by saying the 595's are everything all you guys said and then some. My Technics receiver powered them with ease.

I will be enjoying and loving these cans for years to come!!! Highly recommended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roger

Jul 6, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #2 of 20
Got myself some of these on Monday too.
smily_headphones1.gif

I've been very impressed so far. I really enjoy the strength of the bass, which comes through really smoothly. Especially in comparison to the 212pros I had before (which is probably a good indication of how much of an advance it is for me).

Sadly I'm not too knowledgeable in the field of burn-in so I've just been listening to my usual metal and some orchestral on a fairly average volume (Watching it after reading some scary tinnitus threads!).
biggrin.gif

Certainly extremely good headphones, especially for the money.

Jul 6, 2007 at 6:33 PM Post #3 of 20
are either of you using an amp?

Jul 6, 2007 at 7:00 PM Post #5 of 20
Roger. Congratulations with a nice pair of Sennheiser 'phones.
They will keep you happy until upgradeitis hits you later down the road.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 6, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #6 of 20
These things are beautiful headphones and I could not believe how comfortable they are!

Agreed! Incredibly comfortable - can keep them on all day.

Don't be tempted to turn the volume up too much on bassy tracks, or whack bass up on the EQ at highish volumes. Myself and a friend have blown 3 pairs between us...

Jul 6, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bisco82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
are either of you using an amp?

No, I'm not using one as yet. Sounds fantastic without one. However, I just today received a portable Go-Vibe amp that I purchased from a member of this forum. Have not had a chance to try it out yet. I have my eye on a Little Dot mkIII a few months down the road. I've been bitten by the "tube bug"! LOL!!

Jul 6, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Roger. Congratulations with a nice pair of Sennheiser 'phones.
They will keep you happy until upgradeitis hits you later down the road.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh my Gosh krmathis! I hope the upgradeitis stays away for awhile. My next investment will probably be a Little Dot mkIII amp. But that will be a few months down the road. I've read on this forum where it's a great amp with these 595's.

Other than that, I'm hoping my Grado sr 80's and the 595's keep me happy for a while.

Jul 6, 2007 at 7:51 PM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Williams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got myself some of these on Monday too.
smily_headphones1.gif

I've been very impressed so far. I really enjoy the strength of the bass, which comes through really smoothly. Especially in comparison to the 212pros I had before (which is probably a good indication of how much of an advance it is for me).

Sadly I'm not too knowledgeable in the field of burn-in so I've just been listening to my usual metal and some orchestral on a fairly average volume (Watching it after reading some scary tinnitus threads!).
biggrin.gif

Certainly extremely good headphones, especially for the money.

Congratulations Ryan!!! Hope you are as impressed with these as I am. I totally agree about the bass! Very smooth and perfect for my ears.

I don't know much about burn in either. Just play music through them at normal listening volume levels, and they slowly get to where they were designed to perform.

Enjoy Ryan!

Jul 6, 2007 at 8:20 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh my Gosh krmathis! I hope the upgradeitis stays away for awhile.

So do I. Cause upgradeitis a bad disease, to which there are no known cure. he he
Quote:

Other than that, I'm hoping my Grado sr 80's and the 595's keep me happy for a while.

I am sure they will! With a nice little amplifier they will bring you lots of great listening sessions.

Jul 7, 2007 at 7:12 AM Post #11 of 20
Glad to know that the 595 sounds great with no amplification. What source are you using?

Jul 7, 2007 at 11:26 AM Post #13 of 20
I'm guessing you're being acquainted to soundstage as well. Never realized until now myself how soundstage gives so much more depth to music. Makes things less monotonous and also makes you appreciative of the multiiple layers inherent in almost all songs.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 7, 2007 at 4:01 PM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bisco82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad to know that the 595 sounds great with no amplification. What source are you using?

I'm just connecting it to the headphone jack of my Technics home receiver. Sounds great!

Jul 7, 2007 at 4:04 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm guessing you're being acquainted to soundstage as well. Never realized until now myself how soundstage gives so much more depth to music. Makes things less monotonous and also makes you appreciative of the multiiple layers inherent in almost all songs.
smily_headphones1.gif

The soundstage was the first thing that I noticed when I first put them on. Almost like listening in 3D. The sounds are coming from everywhere as opposed to just the left and right speaker.

I have almost 20 hours of burn in on them and they are sounding sooooo sweet!!! Man, I love these things!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back