Senn's 600 Pad's?
Oct 27, 2002 at 11:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

lodo

New Head-Fier
A few days I got my Senn's 600, and have read elsewhere that some people take the foam padding out for more clarity. I would like to try this, but giving just a small tug on the ear cover's, nothing budged. I think I read elsewhere that the covers just pull off, but I want to doudle check before I get more forcefull with them. Thanks.
confused.gif

Oct 27, 2002 at 11:57 PM Post #2 of 60
The ear pads are removable. Just give them a good tug, and they should come right out. To put them back in, just push on 'em until you hear/feel them snap into place.

I know it's scary at first, but it works
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 28, 2002 at 12:20 AM Post #3 of 60
HI: You remind me of my 580 quest. First I got the equinox replacement cable 185.00 plus shipping. Still not satisfied. Then took off the pads and took out the thick foam covers and replaced them with a womens stocking. They were more clearer but still not satisfied. Then sold them and got different headphones. Still waiting for them to get here from JAPAN. I found that the 580s just don't do it with their open and laid back sound and wont a clearer and more upfront sound. At first I thought the 580s were great but after a few months there was something missing. I found that my koss portapros sounded better out of my amp then my 580s? How can this be I thought? I mean lots of members rave about the 580s so whats wrong with me? Then I remembered how much I liked the grado sr-80 sound. Up front with great bass but very uncomfortable so I thought there might be a better can and ordered the Audio-Technica ATH-A100Ti.

Oct 28, 2002 at 12:51 AM Post #4 of 60
Boy, I fell like I just have to reply LTUCCI1924. Well, Ive been reading this board for a while, and I bought some Senn's 600 a few days ago. Then as I continued reading the board, I deceided to give the Grado 325 a try too, as most of what I read said they were good rock phones. With a 14 day return policy I figured-why not. They both arrived last Friday. My music of choice is Pop, rock, and country-folk. Thats why the Grado's were so tempting. I had read that their a bit bright, but I like that in speakers--I have always preferred better JBL's. Well, I would say that by now, they both have about 40hrs burn-in. So far this is how I feel. The Grado's are way to bright for me, and like I said, I thought I liked bright speakers, but there just too much so. With 40hrs, I still dont notice them warming up any, or really changing much. Now, for the Senn's-- I kinda liked them right off, but after 30hr burn, they started sounding so nice! Bass sounds plenty tight for me, and the highs are sparkiling, but not over done at all. I could be wrong, but I'm hoping I will like them more and more as they break in. I havent given up on the Grado's yet---gonna keep running them--but unless there's a drastic change, and thats unlikly, its the Senn's. I have read in quite a few other post's that most listener's prefer one or the other.
biggrin.gif

Oct 28, 2002 at 2:47 AM Post #5 of 60
I too just got the Grado 325's and after 25+ hour burn-in I still feel as if they are too bright - even though I like a bright/detail sound, it just hurts my ears on some songs - some of my favorite songs!! I just ordered the senn 590 and will replace the cable, if I find those to bright I will get the 580's, not 600's (600's and 580's are EXACTLY the same - soundwise). BTW - what were your sources lodo? (amp and all)

Oct 28, 2002 at 7:23 AM Post #6 of 60
Quote:

Originally posted by D-Audi
I will get the 580's, not 600's (600's and 580's are EXACTLY the same - soundwise).

D-Audi,

I've been saying the same thing since I've auditioned them. There's NO difference between the 580's and the 600's. However, when I mentioned this, I had everyone on the forum gunning for me. It was as though there was a bounty on my head. I had to beat them off like vultures.

I'm glad there is someone out there who feels the same way and is not afraid to say it. Now, prepare of the assault!!

Oct 28, 2002 at 8:05 AM Post #7 of 60
They are wrong then, there isn't a difference. I believe it's more so a psychoacoustic thing. "I spent $100 more on these so they sound 'different' "
Like I said, there IS a difference but it's not in sound...

Oct 28, 2002 at 12:33 PM Post #8 of 60
Well that is a pretty ignorant thing to say.

Can't you see that the grills behind the drivers are different? Both in material, and size/shape/design? Do you really think that this does not affect the sound at all?

Oct 28, 2002 at 3:41 PM Post #9 of 60
«...They are wrong...»

You really can't say that. Without any intention to be categorical
wink.gif
, I believe to remember that my HD 580 of blessed memory sounded clearly different from my current HD 600 (in its original state). «Clearly» not synonymous with «enormously», though...

Oct 28, 2002 at 4:09 PM Post #10 of 60
Hmm, perhaps the sound characteristics of the AVERAGE 580 and 600 are slightly different, but manufacturing variation is such that sometimes you can pick up a pair of 580s and 600s and they sound literally the same? Of course, by the same token another pair of pairs could sound completely different
smily_headphones1.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 28, 2002 at 7:59 PM Post #11 of 60
The pair I heard sounded exactly the same - on everything. No difference whatsoever. Then after further research, various contacts and digging through the internet, I found various statements basically stating "They are indeed the same, that look different" Whether they are true or not it just seems fishy that TO ME they sounded exactly the same - to OTHERS they sound exactly the same - and then from reliable newsgroup sources they say they are the same. Not a dumb thing for Sennheiser to do actually - on the marketing aspect of things. I didn't mean to offend anyone when I 'categorized' people saying "they are wrong". I'll restate it to - I BELIEVE they are wrong given my experience with the cans. Unless I see/hear some hard evidence that they are indeed different (sounding) I will stick to it. I see what you mean bifcake - the assault is on!! Ahh!!

Oct 28, 2002 at 8:38 PM Post #12 of 60
No problem – I can live with your opinion. Why should we make war because of headphones! Btw I remember now that I once have auditioned both in parallel from a demo wall in an electronics warehouse, and they indeed sounded different. But it's really not that important. The only thing I wanted to have corrected is that someone is called to be «wrong» which has the very same reason to draw conclusions from is own experience as you...

Oct 28, 2002 at 9:13 PM Post #14 of 60
Quote:

Originally posted by HappymaN
Well that is a pretty ignorant thing to say.

Can't you see that the grills behind the drivers are different? Both in material, and size/shape/design? Do you really think that this does not affect the sound at all?

HappymaN,

It's not that I THINK that there is no difference in sound. I KNOW there is no difference in sound because I did an A/B comparison.

D-Audi,

Didn't I tell you to be prepared for the siege? This is just the first light wave. Wait until the veteran posters had a hold of this thread. Heads will roll!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back