Sennhesier 600 vs. Beyerdynamic DT 931
Jun 17, 2002 at 2:18 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally posted by wacomme
For use with the Corda HA-1 amp, which do you prefer: 600's or 931's?

Michael

I have the Corda with 931's and HD580's and and which one I use depends on my mood and the paticular recording I am listening too. My comments are based on using the 580s out of the 0 ohm socket and the 931's from the 120 ohm socket. The 931's are bit brighter and more foward than the 580s though not the extent my Grado SR80's are. The 931's also have a wider sound stage as which I like. Some excellent recordings are mixed on the bright side and sound way better with the 580's. The DVD concert James Taylor Live at The Beacon Theater is a prime example. A wonderful recording with great dynamic range, but for some reason mixed a bit bright. Magic with the 580's, but too bright with the 931's. OTOH Hell Freezes Over (the DVD version that is, the CD version sucks, have no idea why) is magic with the 931's. I like both cans alot. If I was forced to keep only one, it would be the 580s. But thats me, you might choose differently after listening to both, since both are good cans and as we all know headphone choice is a very subjective matter. Hope this helps.

Regards, Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back