Sennheiser x Massdrop PC37X Review & Discussion
Mar 19, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #91 of 169
Mar 24, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #92 of 169
After reading all this, i couldn't resist getting one myself to!
After many years of happy service with the PC360, it's time for a new one. 

Let's hope they can ship it a little earlier then the end of May, 'cause it's gone be a hell of a waiting now 
tongue.gif

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #93 of 169
I think you are really going to like the "upgrade". These are much better than the PC360, the bass is much more present, but it still has an open and airy sound to it. Immersion goes up but doesn't kill the sound whoring. It's a nice trade imo. 

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #94 of 169
  I think you are really going to like the "upgrade". These are much better than the PC360, the bass is much more present, but it still has an open and airy sound to it. Immersion goes up but doesn't kill the sound whoring. It's a nice trade imo. 

Thanks man! Been looking for a while now, to get a good "upgrade", and really feeling confident with this one! 

One other question though guys, what would you recommend me to do? 

Upgrade from my Asus Xonar DGX or not? The latest time it really feels like it's lacking power and doesn't function like it has to. 
Mainly my PC360 + souncard comb is being used for playing Rainbow Six: Siege, and it's like i'm hearing crap.
Other friends that play it to, hear like way better footsteps and positional awareness.. Even with more crappy headsets and on board soundcards.. So i'm really wondering what's going on here.

I know, it's probably a strange question, there isn't much more info i can give, so.. But you guys maybe have any idea's what would give the best result? 

Thx in advance!

Oh and sorry for hijacking this thread, with this question! If i better make a new topic for this, just let me know, and i'll be happy to do so 
normal_smile .gif

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #95 of 169
Thanks man! Been looking for a while now, to get a good "upgrade", and really feeling confident with this one! 

Upgrade from my Asus Xonar DGX or not? The latest time it really feels like it's lacking power and doesn't function like it has to. 
Mainly my PC360 + souncard comb is being used for playing Rainbow Six: Siege, and it's like i'm hearing crap.
Other friends that play it to, hear like way better footsteps and positional awareness.. Even with more crappy headsets and on board soundcards.. So i'm really wondering what's going on here.

I know, it's probably a strange question, there isn't much more info i can give, so.. But you guys maybe have any idea's what would give the best result? 

Thx in advance!

Oh and sorry for hijacking this thread, with this question! If i better make a new topic for this, just let me know, and i'll be happy to do so 
normal_smile%20.gif

CoUg4r,
First, Your name sounds like a callsign for a Pilot :wink: Or, you know, a big cat.

Second, the PC37X has 50 Ω impedance, and a sensitivity/SPL of 116 dB. That's not too hard to drive, and even the Sennheiser GSX 1000 sounds like it was designed for the PC37X, even though the built-in amp isn't recommended for headphones with 150 Ω or up. So, the PC37X may scale up with better amping or a clearer DAC, but overall it shouldn't be too difficult to drive well from an amping standpoint.

Third... if the PC37X or PC360 are not too amp-demanding, but they sound "off," then perhaps there is something happening inside your computer or your settings. For example, the inside of my computer is noisy so I stopped using my motherboard sound ages ago, and also when I just recently got a GSX 1000 and it sounded weird before I set it up. The buttons on the GSX screen didn't work, and the sound was fat and very muddy... maybe four clicks in Windows Sound Properties and the sound character completely changed, super crisp with excellent front and rear positioning. I haven't heard the Asus DG, but PurpleAngel recommends it all the time, maybe he can make some suggestions on settings.

Last thing you could consider, if there is a clean output from a line-out or even a headphone jack, then you can double-amp with a good amp plugged in between the source and headphone. Some people don't think the concept can work, and I agree that a bad-sounding source will make everything after it sound bad, but the principle concept of a pre-amp and a power amp has been around for a long time. Just check out high-end speaker setups! But remember... double amping is just making it really easy to power the "power amp," and the "power amp" is supposed to be a good match for the headphone. If the signal chain items before it have high distortion and a lack of clarity, then that will still be audible through the headphones.

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Mar 25, 2017 at 4:10 AM Post #96 of 169

Thx in advance!

normal_smile%20.gif

Check following settings:
Windows sound - should be set to 7.1
In-game settings - should be set to 7.1/Home Theater/etc not Headphone mode. If there's no such setting then the game switches between them automatically, or supports stereo only
Xonar panel settings - 7.1 channels, Dolby Headphone enabled

Mar 28, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #98 of 169
DMS3 TV has a new review of these up on youtube. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5ubZg6dMjg

I really like his reviews as he covers all the major points quickly and doesn't fill it with padding. 

Mar 30, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #99 of 169
  DMS3 TV has a new review of these up on youtube. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5ubZg6dMjg

I really like his reviews as he covers all the major points quickly and doesn't fill it with padding. 

I joined the latest drop and that vid was helpful in that decision. This will be my first gaming headset. 

I was looking at a Razer headset but this sounded like a really good pairing of Sennheiser's headphone heritage with a solid mic and comfort. Which was what I was pretty much looking for. 

Mar 30, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #100 of 169
I joined the latest drop and that vid was helpful in that decision. This will be my first gaming headset. 

I was looking at a Razer headset but this sounded like a really good pairing of Sennheiser's headphone heritage with a solid mic and comfort. Which was what I was pretty much looking for. 

It's really a great headset, especially at $120. I'd be shocked if you didn't love them.

Jun 4, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #101 of 169
Would this headset be compatible with a xbox one? I have a xbox one and a xbox one S, would I need the pcv 05 and the xbox one adapter to use with both consoles? What other accessories might be needed or be better options? Thanks

Jun 4, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #102 of 169
Would this headset be compatible with a xbox one? I have a xbox one and a xbox one S, would I need the pcv 05 and the xbox one adapter to use with both consoles? What other accessories might be needed or be better options? Thanks
If you want to plug it into the controller you might want to buy the mobile cable for the headset. It has the 4 pole connector and its much shorter than the stock 3m cable.

Jul 10, 2017 at 11:01 PM Post #103 of 169
(x-posted from my post in MLE guide)

I'm currently waiting for my PC37X to arrive. Any idea what I should drive this with? This will be used for gaming, youtube vids, movies, and casual music listening. I don't really want to move my main listening rig around.

I'm keen to try HRTF or VSS stuff so I was looking at Sennheiser GSX 1000 and Asus Xonar U7 MkII. The GSX is considerably more expensive but is it that much better? How's the ADC inside those units (I want clean sound for the mic)?

Jul 11, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #104 of 169
(x-posted from my post in MLE guide)

I'm currently waiting for my PC37X to arrive. Any idea what I should drive this with? This will be used for gaming, youtube vids, movies, and casual music listening. I don't really want to move my main listening rig around.

I'm keen to try HRTF or VSS stuff so I was looking at Sennheiser GSX 1000 and Asus Xonar U7 MkII. The GSX is considerably more expensive but is it that much better? How's the ADC inside those units (I want clean sound for the mic)?
As far as amplification goes, even my motherboard is able to power those, You really don't need a powerful amp. How about a Sound Blaster Omni?

Jul 11, 2017 at 4:48 AM Post #105 of 169
As far as amplification goes, even my motherboard is able to power those, You really don't need a powerful amp. How about a Sound Blaster Omni?
How is it compared to Xonar U7 MkII? Their prices are in the same ballpark but the U7 MkII is newer.

Yea I reckon a 50 ohm headphone with 116 dB SPL should be able to be driven with just the built in amp in a mobo, so I'm mainly looking for VSS/HRTF capability and clean ADC for the mic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back