Sennheiser x Massdrop PC37X Review & Discussion
Jan 13, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #16 of 169
These look brilliant, unfortunately I think import charges would be ridiculous getting them to the UK? Do they send them to you to review?

The drop page says international shipping would be $15, but I have no idea what import taxes would be like.

Jan 13, 2017 at 11:52 AM Post #17 of 169
I am. Unfortunately I received my headset a few days later than Evshrug (cons of living in eastern Europe) but if I don't take it off my head for the entire weekend I'm sure I'll be able to gather enough impressions to write a review.
I know the pain, import charges are the primary reason I don't buy stuff from US (import tax in Poland adds about 1/3 cost overhead)

I'm sure you will be able to give good comparisons to the hd598 as if I recall correctly you used extensively a while back.

Jan 13, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #18 of 169
I'm sure you will be able to give good comparisons to the hd598 as if I recall correctly you used extensively a while back.

Those were my first audiophile headphones, I still remember them fondly.

Jan 13, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #20 of 169
Yeah, the AD700 seemed like it was constructed for a significantly wider head. When I first got it, the bottom edge of the pads clamped much harder to my jaw than the top, BUT I bent in and out the headband in three places (gently, but firmly), and one day added a regular-sized rubber band (I found at my girlfriend's house, pink) to the head "wings", and after that the AD700 fit perfectly.

Someone might ship me their G4ME ONE for comparison sake, so eventually I could make A/B comparisons (not volume matched, so take it for what that's worth), but it probably won't arrive in the mail before the drop and I hope to get my review out before the drop so people can have an idea.

Jan 15, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #22 of 169
I think I've had 2 pairs of the 700's, and now I have the 700X. In terms of pure sound whoring for FPS games they are great, but I think the 598s are a better all around pair of headphones for music/gaming. 

Jan 15, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #23 of 169
Yeah, the AD700 seemed like it was constructed for a significantly wider head. When I first got it, the bottom edge of the pads clamped much harder to my jaw than the top, BUT I bent in and out the headband in three places (gently, but firmly), and one day added a regular-sized rubber band (I found at my girlfriend's house, pink) to the head "wings", and after that the AD700 fit perfectly.

Someone might ship me their G4ME ONE for comparison sake, so eventually I could make A/B comparisons (not volume matched, so take it for what that's worth), but it probably won't arrive in the mail before the drop and I hope to get my review out before the drop so people can have an idea.

I really wish I had my PC360s. I gave them to my Dad a few years ago (He is a drummer and wanted a headphone to listen to music and play drums). He lives in Florida and the last time I was there I was looking for them. He doesn't use them in his new house, so I figured I would get them back. Well he has no idea where they are. I would have shipped them over night to you for a comparison. 

I think I am going to jump on this drop. I still have my Mixamp and it is not being used. I think I am going to setup a secondary system in my bedroom (I have a second Xbox One in my bedroom). I could just buy a second mic, and probably will at some point, but I am REALLY curious about this headphone. 

Now do you think I should grab this for that purpose? Or should I just grab a second Mod Mic from Ant lion? If these hold their value, I wouldn't mind taking the plunge. Even getting $80 for it could be pretty cool.

I could also just give it to my nephew who is 9 years old. I bought him an Xbox 360 3 years ago for Christmas (gave him all of my games, like 50 of them, as I had moved on to the Xbox One) a PS3 2 years ago (with 15 or so games that I had). I just gave him an Xbox One this past Christmas. Got him all set up on Xbox Live as well. Had to get him started young, and he absolutely LOVES gaming. He might be getting close to an age where the sound may matter. 

Damn I can talk myself into anything, lol. Looks like I can rationalize the purchase, and if they aren't impossible to get, I will grab a set. 

Jan 15, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #24 of 169

I really wish I had my PC360s. I gave them to my Dad a few years ago (He is a drummer and wanted a headphone to listen to music and play drums). He lives in Florida and the last time I was there I was looking for them. He doesn't use them in his new house, so I figured I would get them back. Well he has no idea where they are. I would have shipped them over night to you for a comparison. 

I think I am going to jump on this drop. I still have my Mixamp and it is not being used. I think I am going to setup a secondary system in my bedroom (I have a second Xbox One in my bedroom). I could just buy a second mic, and probably will at some point, but I am REALLY curious about this headphone. 

Now do you think I should grab this for that purpose? Or should I just grab a second Mod Mic from Ant lion? If these hold their value, I wouldn't mind taking the plunge. Even getting $80 for it could be pretty cool.

I could also just give it to my nephew who is 9 years old. I bought him an Xbox 360 3 years ago for Christmas (gave him all of my games, like 50 of them, as I had moved on to the Xbox One) a PS3 2 years ago (with 15 or so games that I had). I just gave him an Xbox One this past Christmas. Got him all set up on Xbox Live as well. Had to get him started young, and he absolutely LOVES gaming. He might be getting close to an age where the sound may matter. 

Damn I can talk myself into anything, lol. Looks like I can rationalize the purchase, and if they aren't impossible to get, I will grab a set. 

Depends whether You mind the ModMic cable clutter. I used to own the 4.0 version and multiple times I wished I've bought the HD598 compatible BoomPro clone, to avoid the mess associated with running two 3m long cables from my headphones to the soundcard.

Jan 15, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #25 of 169
How would you guys compare these to an AKG k612pro, with an add-on mic and a DSS2? I would be all over these, if it wasn't for the hassle of importing,and exporting if anything went wrong.

Jan 15, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #26 of 169
Depends whether You mind the ModMic cable clutter. I used to own the 4.0 version and multiple times I wished I've bought the HD598 compatible BoomPro clone, to avoid the mess associated with running two 3m long cables from my headphones to the soundcard.

I'll have to post pictures of my setup. Everything is right next to me on my couch. Wire clutter really isn't a huge issue. It will be in my bedroom, as the Mixamp will be by the tv, so the headphone cable will be extended all the way out.

I'll double amp with my Schiit Magni, another device currently not being used. With the older controller and the add on adapter that we use to have to have, it should be a decent setup. Basic controls all in my hand.

Jan 16, 2017 at 1:57 AM Post #27 of 169

That's what I'm using on my 598's, and so far it's been good. I have a modmic on the K7XX's, but the cord for both is so dang long. I only need about 2-3 feet of cable to reach my X7..

Jan 16, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #29 of 169
Are these good for movies? 

The mids (dialog) aren't recessed, the sound is engaging and lively rather than dull, clarity is pretty great for a $150 headphone (but it costs less than that), comfort is good... so, I'd vote yes! My initial impressions is that this is a very capable all-rounder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back