Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Feb 13, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #3,151 of 4,141
See and that's not right of them to do. Emails should be answered promptly if the item received wasn't working properly. That's a combo of bad QC & CS. I really hope they get a handle on it because they have a good thing going. I will remain a spectator for now & I hope they convince me to join a drop eventually. Fingers crossed. Come on MD do your customers right!!!
That was 2 years ago I thought they got better but I guess not. I eventually got a refund on the Havi's but it was a pain. The 6xx's was probably my 7 or 8th drop and no other problems other than my second one.

Feb 13, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #3,152 of 4,141
That was 2 years ago I thought they got better but I guess not. I eventually got a refund on the Havi's but it was a pain. The 6xx's was probably my 7 or 8th drop and no other problems other than my second one.

They finally responded to me about the HEM2's in their drop listing. This is laughable because I don't even have the HEM2's anymore! I held on to those defective things since their first drop in March 2016 and tossed them just last week. I just can't even right now.

Feb 13, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #3,153 of 4,141
They finally responded to me about the HEM2's in their drop listing. This is laughable because I don't even have the HEM2's anymore! I held on to those defective things since their first drop in March 2016 and tossed them just last week. I just can't even right now.
You been trying to resolve this for almost a year on the HEM2?

Feb 14, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #3,154 of 4,141
You been trying to resolve this for almost a year on the HEM2?

Yes I have. They've only just responded to me. I am beyond pi**ed now since I never expected them to even get back to me.

Feb 15, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #3,156 of 4,141

I was thinking of giving up. I've had this damn pending transaction since the initial drop and they've absolutely done nothing on their end to help me. I go into paypal and there's a $215 transaction from Massdrop, but no charge on my card for the HD6XX's or even anything in my order history.

Just like with my broken HEM2's, they just refused to help me. Even Nuforce isn't responding to my e-mails anymore. So here I have the $169 brick of an IEM and neither party is stepping up to the plate. I'am at my wits end with this.

Same thing happened to me ... Never ever shopping from Massdrop again.

When I said the truths, and how much irresponsible Massdrop is,  a lot of stones thrown at me in this forum in this topic. 

I hope you get your money or replacement.

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #3,157 of 4,141

What did they say?

A rep from Nuforce contacted me after I complained in the comment section on Massdrop and a few member chimed in to my comment saying Massdrop wouldn't help them either, not would Nuforce. All they asked was what the issue was and I replied back with a detailed message about what was going on. I haven't yet heard back.

Same thing happened to me ... Never ever shopping from Massdrop again.

When I said the truths, and how much irresponsible Massdrop is,  a lot of stones thrown at me in this forum in this topic. 

I hope you get your money or replacement.

I'd like to see something come of this. No customer of Massdrop should go through any of this hassle. It's BS to offer a product and say it has warranty, then when something goes wrong they just say "Oh, contact them, we don't take care of this". Why should I go to Nuforce for an issue of something I purchased from you? That's not how retail works. That's like if I ordered a product for a customer where I work, and it breaks on them. How would they feel if I told them I wouldn't take it back and they'd have to take a round about way and contact the company that produces the product?

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #3,158 of 4,141
I would say get on their twitter feed for both of them and state the problem. Neither would like to see negative stuff on there. I was very polite at first but had to get a bit harder when they didn't follow up it was resolved soon after.

Feb 16, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #3,159 of 4,141
Well since it hasn't been posted here yet:

tl;dr: Axel and Sennhesier have let us know the 6ft replacement cables are being made and should start shipping from Sennhesier's US warehouse the week of March 27.

Feb 16, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #3,160 of 4,141
  I'd like to see something come of this. No customer of Massdrop should go through any of this hassle. It's BS to offer a product and say it has warranty, then when something goes wrong they just say "Oh, contact them, we don't take care of this". Why should I go to Nuforce for an issue of something I purchased from you? That's not how retail works. That's like if I ordered a product for a customer where I work, and it breaks on them. How would they feel if I told them I wouldn't take it back and they'd have to take a round about way and contact the company that produces the product?

I think you're backwards on that.  If I buy a Sony TV from Best Buy and it breaks, I go to Sony for the warranty claim, not Best Buy.  I agree though, someone here is dropping the ball and Massdrop should at least help you get your problem solved.  And Massdrop should make it very clear who is handling the warranty on all their drops.

Feb 16, 2017 at 8:58 AM Post #3,161 of 4,141
Stores like BestBuy usually take care of you directly if it's within a certain period. So they'll give you a new TV and deal with the warranty claim or return to manufacturer themselves. That is a service they provide and an advantage of shopping at most brick and mortar retail stores, but it's a device they've chosen to provide.

Warrantys at MassDrop are confusing to me because sometimes they provide coverage directly (for things like the Little Dot amps) and sometimes it's the normal vendor's policy.

I've not had experience with NuForce, but ive only had good experiences dealing with Sennheiser. Sounds like the issue on being billed but not receiving the headphones is on Massdrop though.

Feb 16, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #3,162 of 4,141
That is a service they provide and an advantage of shopping at most brick and mortar retail stores,

That is just the law in The Netherlands.
When you buy something at a shop you have a 'contract' with that shop, not with the manufacturer. If any issues arise within 6 months of purchase the shop needs to repair or replace the item.
Also the shop needs to prove that it was your wrong doing if they think you abused the product, the store has the burden of proof.
After that period the burden of proof lies with the consumer.

Feb 16, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #3,163 of 4,141
Well the poster was talking about Best Buy and Massdrop which are US companies. I am not familiar with consumer protection laws in other countries, but I'm also not surprised to hear they are stronger in the Netherlands.

Feb 16, 2017 at 7:28 PM Post #3,164 of 4,141
I know, I was just a bit astonished that in the US your need to deal with the manufacturer.

Feb 16, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #3,165 of 4,141
I know, I was just a bit astonished that in the US your need to deal with the manufacturer.
You can take most things you bought from BestBuy to them for exchange or refund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back