Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Nov 19, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #1,352 of 4,141
  What do you think the resale value will be if I flip it new or like new?

$199US
biggrin.gif
...or..... $399 CAN
frown.gif

or an open box 650 on Amazon US warehousedeals now at $263.18 ...maybe cheaper next week..

Nov 19, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #1,354 of 4,141
Quote:

Prices dropping like some domino effect. I wouldn't be surprised. That 400i i think was advertised the other day for 349 cdn, some headfi-er posted. in Markham ON

$249 US everywhere else though : (  which equates to almost....... 340 Can. : )....oh well...maybe parity once more sometime in the distant future...

Nov 19, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #1,355 of 4,141
Deal alert Amazon America has the HD 650 on sale for $319 dollars right now here's the link

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-650-Professional-Headphone/dp/B00018MSNI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479591207&sr=8-1&keywords=hd650

Nov 19, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #1,356 of 4,141
Ugh! I had no idea these existed till today so I missed the drop :frowning2:

Wearing the 650s right now but these are a great backup pair for the price.

Nov 19, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #1,358 of 4,141
There were many at the drop, from the first second, who didn't get a pair.

Yeah I will snag some next time. Just ordered some Audeze LCD-2s for an early Christmas so its a nice consolation :)

Nov 19, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #1,359 of 4,141
At least some of you got some, but I am siting on a pending transaction with no Massdrop help. I got all the way through checkout for the drop but after verifying my details via PayPal, it just crashed when trying to go back to Massdrop. I have a pending transaction in PayPal for these and have contacted Massdrop three times now and they have not gotten back to me. Nothing is in pending transactions either, no credit card charges either. I'm at a total loss as to what to even do now. This would be the second time they have screwed me.

First was when my HEM2 died and they said to contact Nuforce for the replacement and Nuforce said I had to contact Massdrop, but Massdrop said I had to contact Nuforce again. Neither did anything for me or my defective HEM2's, so I'm out $169 there. I'm not even sure now If I should even wait for a potential next drop or not, heck I already spent the funds I had set aside for these on something else (the HD6XX's were to be a gift). I ended up buying some HD598's instead as the gift.

Long story short, I emailed PayPal about canceling the pending transaction and contacted Massdrop about not even worrying about my order anymore. Sorry had to vent as Massdrop has done nothing for me to help me.

Nov 20, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #1,360 of 4,141
Yes it was very frustrating, no doubt ! Knowing what I know now, I would not go through that 2 hour ordeal again. I would just wait for the Black Friday or any Holiday sale and pick up a real pair of hd-650 for around $300 and be done with it.
I had so many transactions on my debit card it was ridiculous !

Nov 20, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #1,361 of 4,141
  At least some of you got some, but I am siting on a pending transaction with no Massdrop help. I got all the way through checkout for the drop but after verifying my details via PayPal, it just crashed when trying to go back to Massdrop. I have a pending transaction in PayPal for these and have contacted Massdrop three times now and they have not gotten back to me. Nothing is in pending transactions either, no credit card charges either. I'm at a total loss as to what to even do now. This would be the second time they have screwed me.

First was when my HEM2 died and they said to contact Nuforce for the replacement and Nuforce said I had to contact Massdrop, but Massdrop said I had to contact Nuforce again. Neither did anything for me or my defective HEM2's, so I'm out $169 there. I'm not even sure now If I should even wait for a potential next drop or not, heck I already spent the funds I had set aside for these on something else (the HD6XX's were to be a gift). I ended up buying some HD598's instead as the gift.

Long story short, I emailed PayPal about canceling the pending transaction and contacted Massdrop about not even worrying about my order anymore. Sorry had to vent as Massdrop has done nothing for me to help me.

Massdrop is a joke. Even if I actually wanted a pair of 650's I wouldn't buy them from mass drop, even at the discounted price. The wait is excessive and no guarantee you'll actually get the headphones due to all of the order and checkout hassles. Mass drop sucks. 

Nov 20, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #1,362 of 4,141

Massdrop is a joke. Even if I actually wanted a pair of 650's I wouldn't buy them from mass drop, even at the discounted price. The wait is excessive and no guarantee you'll actually get the headphones due to all of the order and checkout hassles. Mass drop sucks. 

You were just claiming you'd buy to flip. Unsub yourself for us all. Massdrop did fine on this, they got hammered when 6XX went live and we all knew it'd happen.

Nov 20, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #1,364 of 4,141

I suggest you unsub from this thread and from Massdrop since you think MD is a joke. I've bought from MD & I had no bother with the order. Granted it took like two weeks before it was shipped, but I was kept informed about it.

The way I look at it is you missed out here and are try to justify not getting in.

Nov 20, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #1,365 of 4,141

These PayPal transactions happened to many people. Seems that the only important thing is whether a transaction shows up on your MD account. They did, however, claim to cleanup transactions within 48 hours. Seems they missed yours. Did you perhaps get an email to join the drop, after it ended (perhaps ending up in your junk mail)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back