Sennheiser Spring Sale
May 22, 2020 at 10:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47
0520_Sennheiser_Audiophile_HeadFi_LeaderBanner_1920x1080px_2.jpg
Hello! As you may know, the 2020 year marks Sennheiser’s 75th anniversary. While it is an exciting milestone for the brand we cannot help but share your sadness in the cancellation and rescheduling of Head-Fi community events, in addition to other activities we had scheduled around the anniversary celebration.

We had already planned a late-Spring promotion, however, and are happy to announce limited-time offers on some of our favorite headphones to rediscover your music collection. Now through June 21st 2020, we’re offering savings up to 40% on the Sennheiser web shop or through your favorite Sennheiser dealer.

*Offers are shown for US customers. Other regions should check with their Sennheiser dealer about any applicable specials for their region. Prices and participation may vary, while supplies last.

Full-size headphones
product_detail_x2_desktop_Sennheiser_HD_820_Headset_01.jpg
product_detail_x2_desktop_Sennheiser_HD-800-S_Over-Ear_02.jpg
product_detail_x2_desktop_HD_660S_Sennheiser_01.jpg
HD 820 - Save $400​
HD 800 S - Save $300​
HD 660 S - Save $100​

Universal fit in-ear monitors
IE_80S_BT_Product_shot_cutout_Isofront_left.jpg
IE_80S_Product_shot_cutout_Detail.jpg
IE_60_Product_shot_Set.jpg
IE 80 S BT - Save $200
IE 80 S - Save $100​
IE 60 - Save $90​

Stay safe and happy listening!

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
May 22, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #3 of 47
Please make something new Sennheiser! I used to be a Sennheiser fanboy 10 years ago, and it seems like nothing new has come out and the only thing that has happened are renamings and moving products to cheaper factories. Stop using the 23 year legacy of the 600 series to carry the brand, or else Sennheiser will end up like Koss.

May 22, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #6 of 47
@Arniesb I hope you're patient enough to wait another decade for that release :wink:. The HD 600 is 23 years old, the HD 800 is 11 years old. They're going to milk the HD800 for another 10 years before redesigning anything. Spending money on R&D is expensive, so they'd rather rename previous products, lower QC, switch factories, and abandon community loved products like the hd 202

May 22, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #7 of 47
@Arniesb I hope you're patient enough to wait another decade for that release :wink:. The HD 600 is 23 years old, the HD 800 is 11 years old. They're going to milk the HD800 for another 10 years before redesigning anything. Spending money on R&D is expensive, so they'd rather rename previous products, lower QC, switch factories, and abandon community loved products like the hd 202
lol. I hope not.

May 22, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #8 of 47
Please make something new Sennheiser! I used to be a Sennheiser fanboy 10 years ago, and it seems like nothing new has come out ...
If you go to Sennheiser’s consumer store on Amazon, every model on that page is less than 5 years old:
https://smile.amazon.com/stores/Sennheiser/page/0550471D-123E-452F-AD0C-C6148FAF9E3A?ref_=ast_bln
The HD 202’s “descendant” is the HD 300. I haven’t heard it myself though.

@Arniesb Sennheiser’s always working on something, though right now they’re in lockdown WFH like most places.

Last edited:
May 22, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #10 of 47
If you go to Sennheiser’s consumer store on Amazon, every model on that page is less than 5 years old:
https://smile.amazon.com/stores/Sennheiser/page/0550471D-123E-452F-AD0C-C6148FAF9E3A?ref_=ast_bln
The HD 202’s “descendant” is the HD 300. I haven’t heard it myself though.

A new flagship would be nice, though I still enjoy my HD 800. If I had the cash, I would pick an HD 800 S over an HD 800. Sennheiser’s always working on something.

Adding a microphone to a model and adding a "s" at the end of the name doesn't count in my book as a new model. Renaming something from HD-1 to momentum wireless doesn't count either.

Look at the official sennheiser store: https://en-us.sennheiser.com/over-ear-headphones and search "has been succeeded by" and you'll have 5 results. You can see the same chassis being used on the 450bt, 350bt, 400s, 4.50btnc, 4.40bt, 4.30. This occurs rampantly across their lineup. You can see the same lazy copy paste design in the 600 series, 500 series, pxc series, and momentum series. It's something sennheiser has been doing for decades now, and this is just looking at their headphones. Their earbuds have the same story. A few chassis designs being used for their whole product line.

All in all, I think we would all appreciate if Sennheiser got back into the game and invested more in R&D.

May 22, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #12 of 47
Switch factories? So these are not make in Germany?
Headphones like the HD 800S and HD 820 are made in Germany, headphones like the HD 660 S and HD 600 have their drivers manufactured in the same factory they always have been (in Ireland), but he’s referring to the HD 600 series’ enclosure tooling reaching end-of-life. Sennheiser took the opportunity to refresh the external look of the HD 6 series, and the new tooling operates out of Romania (but it’s the same sound and QC procedures).

CORRECTION! For the HD 600, HD 650, HD 6XX, HD 58X Jubilee, and HD 660S, the drivers are made in Ireland, the new enclosure is actually made in Germany where the old tooling was, and final assembly is in Romania.

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #13 of 47
Adding a microphone to a model and adding a "s" at the end of the name doesn't count in my book as a new model. Renaming something from HD-1 to momentum wireless doesn't count either.

Look at the official sennheiser store: https://en-us.sennheiser.com/over-ear-headphones and search "has been succeeded by" and you'll have 5 results. You can see the same chassis being used on the 450bt, 350bt, 400s, 4.50btnc, 4.40bt, 4.30. This occurs rampantly across their lineup. You can see the same lazy copy paste design in the 600 series, 500 series, pxc series, and momentum series. It's something sennheiser has been doing for decades now, and this is just looking at their headphones. Their earbuds have the same story. A few chassis designs being used for their whole product line.

All in all, I think we would all appreciate if Sennheiser got back into the game and invested more in R&D.

uhm, you made need a history class on headphones, products don't need to be replaced every year just because if they fit in the current markets.

I don't see it the way you do, and I'm sure I'm not alone. So what they could be 50 years olds, they are relevent as much today as they were, when they first shipped. Milking? really? look around to see which threads are most active in the high end and headphone dedicated threads, if they work and are great like most of their product, they don't need to change just because. Also they still sell like hot cakes, most manufacturers would love to sell, ask Drop who have collaborated with Senn, they sold over 100k HD650. I'm done.

May 24, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #15 of 47
Hello! As you may know, the 2020 year marks Sennheiser’s 75th anniversary. While it is an exciting milestone for the brand we cannot help but share your sadness in the cancellation and rescheduling of Head-Fi community events, in addition to other activities we had scheduled around the anniversary celebration.

We had already planned a late-Spring promotion, however, and are happy to announce limited-time offers on some of our favorite headphones to rediscover your music collection. Now through June 21st 2020, we’re offering savings up to 40% on the Sennheiser web shop or through your favorite Sennheiser dealer.

*Offers are shown for US customers. Other regions should check with their Sennheiser dealer about any applicable specials for their region. Prices and participation may vary, while supplies last.

Full-size headphones
product_detail_x2_desktop_Sennheiser_HD_820_Headset_01.jpg
product_detail_x2_desktop_Sennheiser_HD-800-S_Over-Ear_02.jpg
product_detail_x2_desktop_HD_660S_Sennheiser_01.jpg
HD 820 - Save $400​
HD 800 S - Save $300​
HD 660 S - Save $100​

Universal fit in-ear monitors
IE 80 S BT - Save $200
IE 80 S - Save $100​
IE 60 - Save $90​

Stay safe and happy listening!

I don't see any discount applied to the HD800S when I click on the above link to Sennheiser UK online shop, the price shown there is the full £1400...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back