Sennheiser says it’s open to selling its consumer audio business
Apr 19, 2021 at 7:20 AM Post #76 of 144
This is exactly why dumping "consumer" products and a change of guard was the best thing Sennheiser has announced in many years :frowning2:

May 7, 2021 at 4:49 AM Post #78 of 144
EUR200Million deal
https://www.sonova.com/en/expanding...s-sonova-acquire-sennheiser-consumer-division

Consumer division has EUR250m turnover
1620377688705.png

Last edited:
May 8, 2021 at 6:07 AM Post #80 of 144
The average consumer is not looking for high fidelity. What they want nowadays is a headphone that can put out good bass, has the best ANC and the biggest battery. That's it.
That's the big market in consumer audio right now which Apple, Sony and Bose are dominating with some Chinese companies offering cheaper versions.

Sennheiser joined late and made a bet on their sound quality reputation over ANC which they lost.

May 8, 2021 at 6:15 AM Post #81 of 144
The average consumer is not looking for high fidelity. What they want nowadays is a headphone that can put out good bass, has the best ANC and the biggest battery. That's it.
That's the big market in consumer audio right now which Apple, Sony and Bose are dominating with some Chinese companies offering cheaper versions.

Sennheiser joined late and made a bet on their sound quality reputation over ANC which they lost.
Just what we need, invasion by the mindless "muh bass" crowd. How dare people want better!

May 8, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #82 of 144
Look at any other industry, it is the same. People want convince and budget stuff over complication.
Smartphone camera. Fastfood. Soundbar.
People got into audiophile industry due to thier passion, they arent coming here to make themselves a billionaire.

May 8, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #83 of 144
Look at any other industry, it is the same. People want convince and budget stuff over complication.
Smartphone camera. Fastfood. Soundbar.
People got into audiophile industry due to thier passion, they arent coming here to make themselves a billionaire.

Your post is nonsensical. This is headfi. No one with any sense is going to fight for bottom tier garbage vs. quality.

May 8, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #84 of 144
Oh please get off your high horse. Calling anc headphone or other consumer friendly product bottom tier garbage is such a narrow view point.
They have thier own unique function and benifits. And most people enjoy using them. By using ur mentality, your amp and headphone are also garbage to me. See the problem there?

May 8, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #85 of 144
Oh please get off your high horse. Calling anc headphone or other consumer friendly product bottom tier garbage is such a narrow view point.
They have thier own unique function and benifits. And most people enjoy using them. By using ur mentality, your amp and headphone are also garbage to me. See the problem there?

You agreed with the guy who stated

"a headphone that can put out good bass, has the best ANC and the biggest battery. That's it."

I'll remain on my high horse for quality. Idgaf what average idiots want.

May 8, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #86 of 144
Just to clarify:
I am not someone who likes the trend in the average consumer behavior when it comes to headphones. I very much enjoy the high sound quality I get with the HD650 or DCA Aeon RT closed over any ANC headphone.
But me not liking the trend does not make it less of a reality. The reality is that the average consumer does not care much about fidelity. However the average consumer also makes up the biggest portion of the market.

May 8, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #88 of 144
The only way to convince them fidelity matters is for them to experience it. If Sennheiser makes the same lowbrow garbage as everyone else what's the point?

The thing is, the average consumer doesn't care about quality. Every friend or family member that's listened to my rig likes it and agrees it sounds really good. But exactly zero care enough to spend money to have the quality. They are all perfectly ok with el cheapo ear buds, sound bars, Bluetooth speakers.

It's like anything else - watches, cars, shoes, etc. Most people just want cheap and "good enough".

May 8, 2021 at 5:08 PM Post #90 of 144

Users who are viewing this thread

Back